A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by alanair »

mildlyinterested wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:10 am Another Munster love letter from GT: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4309119

GT I is a complete plank - full of absolute bulks**t ... him and his beloved Munster
I’m an IT subscriber , but his BS. Articles will soon have me as ex -subscriber
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 8:10 am Another Munster love letter from GT: https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4309119
No mention of our six wins down there in the last decade then.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

blockhead wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 5:28 pm
No mention of our six wins down there in the last decade then.
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Bravo sir.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

alanair wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 5:14 pm

GT I is a complete plank - full of absolute bulks**t ... him and his beloved Munster
I'd say the inspiration for this article came from Lansdowne Road rather than Pearse Road. When you're trying to sell something, what better than an article in the paper of record by its chief correspondant as a marketing tool.
I have Bumbleflex
laighin heart
Beginner

Post by laighin heart »

It also dovetails with IT trying to increase its circulation in Munster. People in general and Irish people in particular like reading nice things about themselves.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Dave Cahill wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:22 pm

I'd say the inspiration for this article came from Lansdowne Road rather than Pearse Road. When you're trying to sell something, what better than an article in the paper of record by its chief correspondant who is a tool.
Fixed that there for ya Dave...
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Dave Cahill wrote: July 22nd, 2020, 7:22 pm

I'd say the inspiration for this article came from Lansdowne Road rather than Pearse Road. When you're trying to sell something, what better than an article in the paper of record by its chief correspondant as a marketing tool.
Interesting you use the word ‘tool’ there -
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Thankfully mentions of Gerry's columns just remind me to review Gerry Thornley (assuredly) on Twitter and the world seems a much better place.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Tissues for Thornley
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

OTB on monday night previewed about Munster and Ulster, said they'd cover Leinster on Wednesday.. now instead they are doing a 30+ min chat with John Cooney.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

The media seem to be relishing the prospect that Munster, with their two high profile signings, may at last be able to re-assert their former ( ten years ago) dominance over Leinster.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 19th, 2020, 7:59 pm OTB on monday night previewed about Munster and Ulster, said they'd cover Leinster on Wednesday.. now instead they are doing a 30+ min chat with John Cooney.
Get used to it man.
The next Munster trophy will be followed by a play, maybe even a movie.
They have ligginds, we have stars.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

I've given up.

As I've heard Second Captains suggest and can't imagine it's too different elsewhere in journalism "it's not an interesting narrative to cover a well-run, consistently successful team from an area that it makes sense to be strong".

They did savage Leinster after the Saracens final, really put the boot in more than anywhere else.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

mildlyinterested wrote:OTB on monday night previewed about Munster and Ulster, said they'd cover Leinster on Wednesday.. now instead they are doing a 30+ min chat with John Cooney.
OTB is trash. It went precipitously downhill after the Second Captains lads left. They’re unbearably smug, and never stop to consider a viewpoint other than their own. Joe Molloy isn’t too bad but Ger Gilroy, Richie McCormack and Eoin Sheahan are just awful. Do they know they’re meant to be just reporting sports news instead of talking about themselves?

Colm Parkinson is far better to listen to now that he’s away from there, and I never thought I’d say that.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Twist wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:30 am
mildlyinterested wrote:OTB on monday night previewed about Munster and Ulster, said they'd cover Leinster on Wednesday.. now instead they are doing a 30+ min chat with John Cooney.
OTB is trash. It went precipitously downhill after the Second Captains lads left. They’re unbearably smug, and never stop to consider a viewpoint other than their own. Joe Molloy isn’t too bad but Ger Gilroy, Richie McCormack and Eoin Sheahan are just awful. Do they know they’re meant to be just reporting sports news instead of talking about themselves?

Colm Parkinson is far better to listen to now that he’s away from there, and I never thought I’d say that.
Parkinson is a GAA snob of the worst sort.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Twist wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:30 am

Ger Gilroy in particular - during one of the recent shows with the fella from the Indo, they had a moment where they were decrying the lack of big players available for all the games (something they always moan about) and then within 10 mins were discussing Dylan Hartley's recent comments about being flogged and popping pills (a particular subject Gilroy has an interest in) and went on for a while about how players are being damaged and will have shorter careers and ongoing damage.

Within 10 mins - no sense of irony
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Luke Fitz calling for Munster to go after Frawley on his podcast. Standard.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Andy McGeady says leinster "never fully backed" Carbery while at Leinster on this Pro 14 podcast.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Would you say it's reaching conspiracy levels now MI?
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

wixfjord wrote: August 20th, 2020, 10:08 am Would you say it's reaching conspiracy levels now MI?
It's not a conspiracy if they're really out to get you.
Anyone But New Zealand