wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by wixfjord »

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 20th, 2020, 9:54 am Andy McGeady says leinster "never fully backed" Carbery while at Leinster on this Pro 14 podcast.
The other day on the Munster fans forum one poster suggested Leinster let Carbery go south cos they knew he was injury prone.....
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

riocard911 wrote: August 20th, 2020, 10:45 am
mildlyinterested wrote: August 20th, 2020, 9:54 am Andy McGeady says leinster "never fully backed" Carbery while at Leinster on this Pro 14 podcast.
The other day on the Munster fans forum one poster suggested Leinster let Carbery go south cos they knew he was injury prone.....
Yeah, that was a good one.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

If I was Frawley and wanted to play ten then I'd move. I think he could start for any of the other provinces although it'd be worth getting more clarity on Joey's situation first because if he does get back fit then that would change the situation there.

But I think he could be a brilliant 12 and 15 for us while also covering ten if needed, and that could see him break into the Ireland squad surprisingly quickly because we just don't have many playmakers who aren't tens right now. It also makes him the perfect sub so he could be a part of the squad for the big Leinster games very soon.

I'm always very reluctant for players to play multiple positions in case they end up having a career like Earls and wasting quite a lot time, but I think it could work in this case as long he has a primary focus on one position, which IMO should be at 12, especially in the short term. Not only is Tomane gone and COB is injured, but with Robbie's injury record you'd have to think there's a big opportunity for him there at some stage.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Good pre-season review from Murray Kinsella and Bernard Jackman on this week's the42.ie rugby podcast. Well worth a listen!

https://soundcloud.com/user-200743868
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 20th, 2020, 12:17 pm If I was Frawley and wanted to play ten then I'd move. I think he could start for any of the other provinces although it'd be worth getting more clarity on Joey's situation first because if he does get back fit then that would change the situation there.

But I think he could be a brilliant 12 and 15 for us while also covering ten if needed, and that could see him break into the Ireland squad surprisingly quickly because we just don't have many playmakers who aren't tens right now. It also makes him the perfect sub so he could be a part of the squad for the big Leinster games very soon.

I'm always very reluctant for players to play multiple positions in case they end up having a career like Earls and wasting quite a lot time, but I think it could work in this case as long he has a primary focus on one position, which IMO should be at 12, especially in the short term. Not only is Tomane gone and COB is injured, but with Robbie's injury record you'd have to think there's a big opportunity for him there at some stage.
IMO JVG has no interest in Frawley or HB and the only way they'll end up in Thomond is if the IRFU tell JVG 'this is all you're getting' take it or leave it. JVG will want an experienced 10 (NIQ probsabably)and the only thing that will stop him is if the IRFU say 'no'.

I'd say he has a bucket load of scouts searching the Transvaal as we speak for an experienced SA 10 with an Irish Mammy :lol:
Last edited by LeinsterLeader on August 20th, 2020, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

blockhead wrote: August 20th, 2020, 11:07 am
Yeah, that was a good one.
Did the poster also add "and that Munster were dumb enough to fall for it" - Can't have it both ways.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Orwellian stuff.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Leinster rugby is also turning the freakin' frogs gay..
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kendo90
Beginner

Post by kendo90 »

I remember rugbypass reporting a few months back that Munster were sniffing around an Aussie FH. Fairly unheralded in the Hickey mould, I forget their name. So JVG certainly doesn’t want to rely on his current stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

OTB presenter asked BOD could Harry Byrne be sent to Munster on loan. BOD shot it down massively, which was nice to hear.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:50 pm OTB presenter asked BOD could Harry Byrne be sent to Munster on loan. BOD shot it down massively, which was nice to hear.
Yeah but his big brother, whats his name?, could go.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote: August 20th, 2020, 11:57 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: August 20th, 2020, 8:50 pm OTB presenter asked BOD could Harry Byrne be sent to Munster on loan. BOD shot it down massively, which was nice to hear.
Éirí as, in ainm Dé!!! :roll: :roll: :roll:
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

blockhead wrote: August 20th, 2020, 11:57 pm
Nicky could do a job for them.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Andy Who ???
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The usual rubbish from Cummisky in the Irish Times match report - describing Leinster fans as 'the horsey set' and 'the Heino brigade'.
I have Bumbleflex
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 2:34 am The usual rubbish from Cummisky in the Irish Times match report - describing Leinster fans as 'the horsey set' and 'the Heino brigade'.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 2?mode=amp

I know Cummiskey likes to go for his "flow of consciousness" style and he thinks he's the second coming of Hunter S Thomson but this a bizarre article. Even describing the intro music. There's enough in there to offend you, whether you are from Munster, Leinster, a casual observer, or just a fan of grammar.

Cummiskey is such a dose.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

^^ He is an extraordinarily poor writer, no idea how he got/holds onto the gig.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 2:34 am The usual rubbish from Cummisky in the Irish Times match report - describing Leinster fans as 'the horsey set' and 'the Heino brigade'.
Surprised he didn’t have a go at the fans for not turning up.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

joooooe wrote: August 23rd, 2020, 9:12 am Cummiskey is such a dose.
Amen.