A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dexter
Shane Horgan

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by Dexter »

ronk wrote: August 31st, 2020, 3:38 pm
munster#1 wrote: August 31st, 2020, 3:28 pm Right, I guess I was put back in my box.
My opinion is that it is a joke shop league, but it appears that I am in the minority here.

I will agree to disagree with the posters who do not believe that.

My opinion on how poor the league is, is not a reflection on how Munster see the league, just my opinion.

I hope the introduction of the 4 saffer teams will improve the quality,
It is what you(s) want it to be.

Munster are the only side with League only season tickets that don’t entitle you to guaranteed Heineken Cup tickets.

It’s possible to get HC (& Leinster) only season tickets. Even teams that don’t sell out their European fixtures don’t usually do that.
The HC only season tickets include the Leinster league game??
Dont Panic!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 31st, 2020, 7:09 pm Cummiskey on top form again today in “the offload”, even finds a way to criticise the players for not taking a knee and suggests they should abandon games like they’ve done in the NBA so that there’s real change. Maybe he could abandon his column? I’m convinced he hates rugby.
Wow...Abandoning games in a sport nobody in America cares about to try to make America 'change' is Cummiskey's solution. It's a bit cruel but he just isn't very bright. An idiot, really.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

Thornley's latest offering begins with "the contrasting 7 & 5 day turnarounds" that leinster and munster have ahead of Friday night - we should assume that maths wasn't one of gerry's stronger subjects in school.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

ASSUREDLY
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Blue not red blood wrote: September 1st, 2020, 3:23 pm ASSUREDLY
Psychic ebb and flow
Sangfroid
Some bloke named

And that's Thornley Bullshit bingo
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

I'd say they are sitting feathers (eating lemons?) over in Shelbyville with Gordon D'Arcy's column today:
Lancaster’s Leinster are the slickest provincial machine we have ever seen... every element of their play is tuned to precision via individual excellence.

Johann van Graan’s Munster have stopped complaining about Covid disrupted training, five-day turnarounds and very expensive injuries. Yes, these are handicaps that have slowed progress in recent weeks. And yes, they have lost two genuine stars in Joey Carbery and RG Snyman, but the rivalry cannot shoulder any more excuses.

I presume that officials will continue to struggle at the breakdown. Munster might have an advantage here...
It's not that he's saying anything wrong per se, but that he's saying it at all when the rest of the media narrative is about standing up and fighting and the magic of Thomond and the poorer cousin being shafted by D4 elites and ah sh!te you know already.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

joooooe wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 9:20 am I'd say they are sitting feathers (eating lemons?) over in Shelbyville with Gordon D'Arcy's column today:
Lancaster’s Leinster are the slickest provincial machine we have ever seen... every element of their play is tuned to precision via individual excellence.

Johann van Graan’s Munster have stopped complaining about Covid disrupted training, five-day turnarounds and very expensive injuries. Yes, these are handicaps that have slowed progress in recent weeks. And yes, they have lost two genuine stars in Joey Carbery and RG Snyman, but the rivalry cannot shoulder any more excuses.

I presume that officials will continue to struggle at the breakdown. Munster might have an advantage here...
It's not that he's saying anything wrong per se, but that he's saying it at all when the rest of the media narrative is about standing up and fighting and the magic of Thomond and the poorer cousin being shafted by D4 elites and ah sh!te you know already.
care to post the whole thing?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

joooooe wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 9:20 am I'd say they are sitting feathers (eating lemons?) over in Shelbyville with Gordon D'Arcy's column today:

What exactly is his point here? What does 'the rivalry cannot shoulder any more excuses'.

I mean these are three very valid reasons adding to why Munster are rightly underdogs going into Friday.

If that sort of stuff was written by Quinlan or someone you'd have people on here foaming at the mouth.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

https://sportinglimerick.com/its-time-t ... on-friday/
But I remember reading something before about what the Brave and the Faithful make of seemingly impossible odds. It’s time to go to work.
:lol: :lol:
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

RoboProp wrote: September 1st, 2020, 10:36 pm
Psychic ebb and flow
Sangfroid
Some bloke named

I distinctly remember him on TV when he dropped his "psychic ebb and flow in games" monologue. Magisterial.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 10:34 am https://sportinglimerick.com/its-time-t ... on-friday/
But I remember reading something before about what the Brave and the Faithful make of seemingly impossible odds. It’s time to go to work.
:lol: :lol:

Other then that vomit at the end the rest of the article was pretty spot on for me.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

mildlyinterested wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 9:28 am

care to post the whole thing?
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... 4?mode=amp
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

wixfjord wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 9:59 am If that sort of stuff was written by Quinlan or someone you'd have people on here foaming at the mouth.
That was my point, though I'm not sure Quinlan would quite have the eloquence to do it coherently.*

Matt Williams was similarly open in his weekend column about the two teams "hating" each other and referenced his time as coach of Leinster in this regard.

It's like the omerta has been lifted and these lads are finally saying what they really feel. I just wish they could have chosen a different week to do it as it could all end up a bit eggy-faced. Does Gordon not appreciate that I have to work with people from Cork?!

* I understand that D'Arcy's column is ghosted by Gavin Cummiskey, proving that he can actually write (when all he has to do is dictate and not start gonzoing in the press box).
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Psychic ebb and flow
Sangfroid
Some bloke named

Hors de combat
X factor
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

joooooe wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 1:21 pm
wixfjord wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 9:59 am If that sort of stuff was written by Quinlan or someone you'd have people on here foaming at the mouth.
That was my point, though I'm not sure Quinlan would quite have the eloquence to do it coherently.*

Matt Williams was similarly open in his weekend column about the two teams "hating" each other and referenced his time as coach of Leinster in this regard.

It's like the omerta has been lifted and these lads are finally saying what they really feel. I just wish they could have chosen a different week to do it as it could all end up a bit eggy-faced. Does Gordon not appreciate that I have to work with people from Cork?!

* I understand that D'Arcy's column is ghosted by Gavin Cummiskey, proving that he can actually write (when all he has to do is dictate and not start gonzoing in the press box).
Sweet jesus, you poor soul!
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

curates_egg wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 2:49 pm
Psychic ebb and flow
Sangfroid
Some bloke named

Hors de combat
X factor
A whiff of something in the air maybe?
Sending out the espoirs?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

some of the articles in the papers this week have been laughable.
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Paul Williams writing here for Pro 14/Rugby world - good to get non partisan (if not particularly illuminating) view.

"Marcell Coetzee delivered one of those performances where you wonder if he should be tested post-match – not to look for performance enhancing drugs, but to check he is the same species as everyone else." Outsize South African number 8? I hear ya loud and clear Paul
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Up Wexford wrote: September 11th, 2020, 10:26 am Paul Williams writing here for Pro 14/Rugby world - good to get non partisan (if not particularly illuminating) view.

"Marcell Coetzee delivered one of those performances where you wonder if he should be tested post-match – not to look for performance enhancing drugs, but to check he is the same species as everyone else." Outsize South African number 8? I hear ya loud and clear Paul
He should stick to Crime writing :D :D .....
Oh not THAT Paul Williams ....
CrookedIn
Beginner

Post by CrookedIn »

Thornley managed the impressive feat of squeezing “a la” into yesterday’s and today’s IT. Easy to find him in the pub anyway - “A la, ou?” “At bar”