A whiff of Cordite

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: A whiff of Cordite

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He's deleted the two tweets he posted about Joe, presumably because every reply either called him a hypocrite or an a***hole :lol:
Saw that! Hilarious!!!
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

Logorrhea wrote:
Twist wrote:I actually really liked the episodes he wasn't on during the WC!
Those we the ones where Tracey and O'Connor talked about how difficult it was for them to kick the players and coaches when they were down, but they had to cause it was their job?
No, the other ones
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:He's deleted the two tweets he posted about Joe, presumably because every reply either called him a hypocrite or an a***hole :lol:
That wont make him stop being one. His bitchy comments about Jean Kleyn would be considered catty on RuPaul’s Drag Race
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The reception Joe got from the LLS audience should teach every Journo where the loyalties of Irish sports fans lie.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Another well written intrview by Keith Duggan of Joe Schmidt in today's IT. The perception and depth of his questions extracted a number of detailed answers from Joe. Excellent & interesting read.
Last edited by Ruckedtobits on November 24th, 2019, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Double entry
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Twist wrote:Image
Who stole our fourth star?
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

25% off for black Friday?
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

jimbobjoe wrote:25% off for black Friday?
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

Nice article on Will Connors and his tackling in the past 2 games

https://www.the42.ie/will-connors-leins ... 3-Dec2019/
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Still not near JVDF's tackle record in a single game though! What was it, 34/35 against Connacht that time??
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Liked the factual content of GT's piece on young Leinster backrows in IT on Saturday. Good writing and interesting article.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Listening to Woodie and Ruaidhri O'Connor on OTB Monday Night Rugby and the two of them bigging up the prospect of a British/Irish League really pissed me off. Like I'm supposed to get excited that the ERCC will be downsized so I can see "the Lions" playing each other more often? Eh no thanks. I would rather see Leinster playing the Kings than Leicester. And then this b*%&!x about how it would be good for player welfare cos our lads wouldn't have to travel to Bokland once a season? Gimme a break. I'd say that trip is a highpoint of the kids' season. Oh yeah, and apparently it would force/help the Scottish and Welsh clubs get their act together. Does Dennis O'Bribe pay these Muppets to spout such rubbish? Is he in cahoots with the new moneymen taking over the 6 Nations, the Prem and apparently soon also the Pro 14? The English clubs can sink under the weight of their debts for all I care. I see no reason why our provinces should bail them out, which is the only reason such a merger is being mooted. Rant over!!
Last edited by riocard911 on December 4th, 2019, 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's a tricky one. Personally I've no interest in the SA clubs but I also hate the rearranging of the deck chairs every few years, it makes it impossible to take a tournament seriously. I think a B&I league could take off though and if everyone is on board then I feel like there might actually be enough substance to it that it will last for a long time and might transform the game financially.

But speaking purely from a selfish point of view, I think the current setup suits Leinster really well because we can do things like rest the whole team in between European games. I also think the pressure to send players to other provinces will increase hugely. Connacht and Ulster might okay now but they really don't have any squad depth, so they can peak for European games and get by in the league, but if they had to perform near their best week in week out then their resources will be stretched and they might find themselves struggling in mid table.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

I've no interest in a B&I tournament - and that's as someone who'd get to see Leinster play more often in the UK!

The only financial transformation I see is a negative one - we already have enough financial deadweights in our league - why would we add the whole English game to that list?
Anyone But New Zealand
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Then they stick in a salary cap to save all the English teams and we have to get rid of half our squad, no thanks.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Given that the Sarries apologists in the English media claim that their breaching of the salary cap was part of their wonderful academy that supplied England in the world cup because [reasons]: no.

By the way, I read in one of those pieces that Sarries had four academy players that they didn't buy in at the world cup. Hell no. Wouldn't touch the English with yours. We play them often enough in Europe and I enjoy that. Any more and we'll get contaminated.
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

If a B&I league happened it'd probably be slightly better quality than the current two leagues, but worse quality than the current European Cup. The Cup could essentially become defunct if we're already playing the English. Maybe it'd be a reduced competition that's just seen as an add-on.

So a league that it'd probably be more difficult to bring new players through in and a de-valued European Cup. It's a big No Thanks from me.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

This was mooted a few years back and one of the Nigels said that he might agree as long as the Pro14 teams joined English rugby in the lower divisions.
That is how they would view such a merger, the Pro14 teams as the poor relations, refugees even.
Would all the participants in this new league enter as equals?
Would revenue from sponsors and TV be shared equally?
Would the IRFU keep their players playing in Ireland only policy?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!