Bath v Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Re: Bath v Leinster

Post by Blue not red blood »

Agree we should win but I sense a fair amount of.smugness creeping in here.
They have plenty to play for, passionate coach and its a tough place to win normally.
Having said all that we do seem to be in the zone and really up the ante for big games.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

Blue not red blood wrote:Agree we should win but I sense a fair amount of.smugness creeping in here.
They have plenty to play for, passionate coach and its a tough place to win normally.
Having said all that we do seem to be in the zone and really up the ante for big games.
Compleely agree, bath are a team to be respected they have pedigree in this competition which counts for a hell of a lot in the heineken cup! Some of the people on here are staarting to sound like munster fans, theres a difference beteen confidence and arrogance!
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
Coonor
Beginner

Post by Coonor »

We must have up most respect for any team especially when playing away but Ulster have managed to beat them 4 out of 4 times in the last 2 years and I would place us at a higher level then Ulster. I am not trying to say that because Ulster won we will win but I think we need to go into this game looking for a win as we have the quality.
Danthefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Danthefan »

It's worth pointing out that talk on a message board has no bearing what so ever on the outcome of games.

Also, no Rob Kearney in the 23 :lol:
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

this kinda cr@p is really getting on my nerves now. maybe i missed it, but i haven't seen any overly arrogant posts on this thread. so what if fans think their team is going to win.
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

If people think anyone on here is taking Bath for granted, you should see the defeatism on their own board.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
slum
Mullet

Post by slum »

cormac wrote:If people think anyone on here is taking Bath for granted, you should see the defeatism on their own board.

got a linky?
"everybody has a plan until they get punched in the face" - Mike Tyson
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

slum wrote:
cormac wrote:If people think anyone on here is taking Bath for granted, you should see the defeatism on their own board.

got a linky?
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 8,12884051
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

52-9 doesn't mean we're not beatable. Even that we're special, it does give opposition fans something to worry about if their team has an off day.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

If Bath pull out a top drawer performance and we put in a substandard one, we can lose this for sure.

If we bring our A game.......... They're focked.

If I was a neutral or a Bath fan. I would say Leinster to win.

If we take them for granted we can lose. Otherwise it will take one hell of a home town ref to get them over the line.

There's 4 ifs. slice it as you like.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Eristic wrote:
slum wrote:

got a linky?
http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 8,12884051
They seem to be mixing up our two wins there in Jan 05 and Jan 06.

For any Bath fans lurking: Jan 05 - fortunate win for Leinster, two tries in the last 10 mins from Holwell and O'Kelly; Jan 06 - BOD led hammering.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

cormac wrote: They seem to be mixing up our two wins there in Jan 05 and Jan 06.

For any Bath fans lurking: Jan 05 - fortunate win for Leinster, two tries in the last 10 mins from Holwell and O'Kelly; Jan 06 - BOD led hammering.

theres a certain amount of confusion over the games in Dublin too

Oct 04, Leinster win 30-11 in Lansdowne Road
Oct 05, Bath win 19-22 in our first ever HEC match in the RDS
I have Bumbleflex
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

cormac wrote: They seem to be mixing up our two wins there in Jan 05 and Jan 06.

I was at both and I can confirm the nature of both events
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:

theres a certain amount of confusion over the games in Dublin too

Oct 04, Leinster win 30-11 in Lansdowne Road
Oct 05, Bath win 19-22 in our first ever HEC match in the RDS
And.... we have only ever lost 1 other there.
madridlion
Knowledgeable

Post by madridlion »

Leinster Exile wrote:

As was I, those travelling beware excessive cider of the blackthorn variety
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

jezzer wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:
Despite the apparent mis-match in results thus far in the season between ourselves and Bath, this is a game I worry about - precisely because of that mis-match and what that can do to our mind set. Bath are one of three English clubs with a successful tradition and expectation (Leicester and Northampton make up the triumverate). They should never be dismissed because of that heritage.
It's to play a multiphase game that I went with Browne, but I take your point. As to their heritage, I totally agree. I hate to see teams with great pedigrees be dismissed on the board. I have to say though that the standard of all the AP teams is very underwhelming. The HEC powerhouses are always capable of raising it for the Cup but I just can't see Bath turning us over. Screw the Mocker gods. Just can't see it.

2 HC QF out of 8 attempts in the last 12 years
Amlin win in 08 beating Worcester in the final and beaten Finalists in 07 & 03
Yes they had an amazing win in Paris in 98 but the truth is that they were a powerhouse in the 80's and 90's. By the turn of the century they had been superseded by Wasps as the main domestic rival to Leicester. They may well come again but an objective (and by the looks of their own fans forum and subjective) assessment would place them currently as a 2nd ranked English team.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

madridlion wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:

As was I, those travelling beware excessive cider of the blackthorn variety
I still have nightmares about the farmhouse scrumpy I imbibed in Taunton, many moons ago. (Cloudy, lumpy and yellow and vaguely tasting of apple, with a kick akin to being hit by a bus).
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

12.45 kick off, yes? Arriving in Bristol at 11am see....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Leinster Squad Update...5 December 2011, 2:55 pmBy Editor
The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon for the first on-field pitch session of the week ahead of Sunday's Heineken Cup Round 3 encounter against Bath in The Recreation Ground (KO: 12.45pm)...

Following medicals at the weekend, the Leinster management reported no fresh injury concerns emanating from Friday night’s 52-9 victory over Cardiff Blues.
Fergus McFadden, whose seven successful kicks at goal continued his 100% ratio for the season to date, was replaced midway during the second half by Rob Kearney but the knock he took is not serious and he will be available for selection.

The likes of Gordon D’Arcy, Luke Fitzgerald, Jamie Heaslip and Kevin McLaughlin will all be back in the mix after being rested at separate intervals over the last fortnight.

Leo Auva’a scored his third league try in a row in the RDS victory, while New Zealand prop Nathan White chipped in with his first try in his professional career. Last Friday’s win also marked Sean O’Brien’s 60th Leinster appearance while Eoin Reddan’s next cap will be his 50th in Leinster colours. Jonathan Sexton, who has kicked 22 points in the opening two rounds of the Heineken Cup, also brought his season tally to 70 points in 5 games so far.

Sunday’s game will mark the third year that the two sides have been paired together in the Heineken Cup.

Leinster are set to be bolstered by a strong travelling contingent of over 1,400 and the Official Leinster Supporters Club, in association with Bank of Ireland, will publish an away guide for those travelling to the game this weekend which can be downloaded from www.leinsterrugby.ie this week.

Over 40,000 tickets for the return Round 4 fixture in the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, 17th December have now been sold and can also be bought ONLINE HERE, the Leinster Rugby Store (Donnybrook), Spar (Donnybrook) and Ticketmaster outlets nationwide.

Leinster will also be hoping to continue their recent good run of form which has seen the province record successive bonus point victories away to Esher and at home to Melrose when Round 3 of the British & Irish Cup resumes this weekend with a trip to Parc Y Scarlets to face Llanelli next Sunday (KO: 1pm).

Both Leinster teams will be announced on Friday at lunchtime.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Degz wrote:12.45 kick off, yes? Arriving in Bristol at 11am see....
Thats going to be tight. Would suggest a taxi straight to Bath. However the Taxi service is shocking