Leinster v Montpellier

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Leinster v Montpellier

Post by Oldschool »

kendalgerty wrote:That's one way of looking at it Jackass, but chaos theory wouldn't back it up. A different 1-8 would have resulted in an imperceptibly small difference in the timing of the draw, which would have resulted in a totally different outcome.
Not so much timing as the different letters in the spelling of Munster and Leinster would change the weight of the balls imperceptably.
Quantum mechanics would take care of the rest.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Montpellierian wrote:I just would like to thank leinster supporters for the very good week-end montpellierian fans spent in Dublin.
I really enjoyed the atmosphere in RDS. We tried to sing as loud as you, but it was to much dificult.

Now, hope to come back next season.... :D
Glad to hear you enjoyed yourself as we had a great time in your beautiful city back in November.

Good luck in the TOP14 and I hope our teams meet again soon.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

kendalgerty wrote:That's one way of looking at it Jackass, but chaos theory wouldn't back it up. A different 1-8 would have resulted in an imperceptibly small difference in the timing of the draw, which would have resulted in a totally different outcome.
Not to mention the ebb and flow of psychic energy! TM:GT :wink:
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

Leinsterman wrote:Just as a quick FYI to the person who plays the music whenever there is a score in the RDS, if you ever play "Chase The Sun" again after there is a score, I will hunt you down and kill you dead.
It's a rugby match, not the f%~king darts. :evil:
Just give me the nod and I'll be there with my torch & pitchfork too. Seriously, WTF was that about? "Move On Up" was bad enough.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Who gave that MOTM to Kearney :? Seriously he had an average game at best. Heaslip, Cullen, Healy & Strauss were the stand outs for me with Madigan doing well
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Scott wrote:Who gave that MOTM to Kearney :? Seriously he had an average game at best. Heaslip, Cullen, Healy & Strauss were the stand outs for me with Madigan doing well
Frankie was the man who decided who MOTM was.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Scott wrote:Who gave that MOTM to Kearney :? Seriously he had an average game at best. Heaslip, Cullen, Healy & Strauss were the stand outs for me with Madigan doing well
There was bemused gang of us in the Grandstand when the MOTM was announced. We thought Heaslip should have got the call.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
rathgarblue
Bookworm

Post by rathgarblue »

Avenger wrote:
Is Rob a client of Frankie's? :)
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I thought Kearney had a very good game (and it's well known at this stage I'm not his biggest fan).

But in a game like that, which turns into a total arm wrestle, you have to give it to a forward. I'd have given it to Healy or Heaslip. How Cullen stays on the pitch continues to be a mystery to me. Does he have an invisibility cloak that only works on refs?
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

Leo did some great work during the game dismantling the opposition's rolling mauls. There were a number of times where he seemed to glide through the maul and eventually got his hands on the ball carrier and dragged him to the ground.
Quite an impressive skill!
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
kendalgerty
Graduate

Post by kendalgerty »

Avenger wrote:
And it all becomes clear. I was certain it was going to be Heaslip, he'd a massive game.
http://whiffofcordite.com/ - Whiff of Cordite - The Rugby Nerd's Blog
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Montpellierian wrote: I really enjoyed the atmosphere in RDS. We tried to sing as loud as you, but it was to much dificult.
You did a good job :) I could hear you quite clearly on several occasions.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Leinsterman wrote:Leo did some great work during the game dismantling the opposition's rolling mauls. There were a number of times where he seemed to glide through the maul and eventually got his hands on the ball carrier and dragged him to the ground.
Quite an impressive skill!
It's an artform
jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Post by jordanracer »

Montpellierian wrote: I really enjoyed the atmosphere in RDS. We tried to sing as loud as you, but it was to much dificult.
Heard you loud and clear as well.

I liked the special edition "HCup Dublin" fleece jackets that some of you in the North Stand were wearing
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

jezzer wrote:I thought Kearney had a very good game (and it's well known at this stage I'm not his biggest fan).

But in a game like that, which turns into a total arm wrestle, you have to give it to a forward. I'd have given it to Healy or Heaslip. How Cullen stays on the pitch continues to be a mystery to me. Does he have an invisibility cloak that only works on refs?
:lol: :lol:
I think Browne thought he might have been protected when he entered that ruck for his YC.
Thought Browne, Healy, Heaslip & Strauss were the 4 to choose the MOTM from.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

rookie wrote::happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper: You have to love the knowledge.
[Jackass] wrote:Not getting 4th try cost us home semi.
Um, the number 1 ball would have related to Leinster rather than Munster, not because of any competition rules, you clueless, reprehensible troll. :mullet 1:
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

Oh, come on! That's a real glass half-empty view.
To the bitter and twisted, nothing is ever good enough.
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

On that point, if we had got the 4th try, both ourselves and Munster had ended up on 25 points. Who would have got first seeding for the quarters?
To the bitter and twisted, nothing is ever good enough.
Leinsterman
Rob Kearney

Post by Leinsterman »

ad nauseam wrote:
Oh, come on! That's a real glass half-empty view.
Some things are best ignored.

ad nauseam wrote:On that point, if we had got the 4th try, both ourselves and Munster had ended up on 25 points. Who would have got first seeding for the quarters?
We would have, based on more tries scored.
...to the sound of a Sivivatu slap!
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

And then we'd be playing Ulster, think we're better off in second place..