Pro 12 Final not in LR

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
elfan
Knowledgeable
Posts: 303
Joined: May 27th, 2006, 12:13 pm
Location: Dublin 15

Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by elfan »

Announced today that FAI have arranged a friendly for may 26 in LR. Thats date of PRO 12 final so no chance of it being moved there now.
elfan

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Donny B. »

elfan wrote:Announced today that FAI have arranged a friendly for may 26 in LR. Thats date of PRO 12 final so no chance of it being moved there now.
Croke Park it is then! :-)

User avatar
Blåränderna
Graduate
Posts: 581
Joined: May 17th, 2010, 2:56 pm

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Blåränderna »

If its Leinster v Munster that would be an awful shame. Can't imagine Croker going for it though.
Image

User avatar
elfan
Knowledgeable
Posts: 303
Joined: May 27th, 2006, 12:13 pm
Location: Dublin 15

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by elfan »

Blåränderna wrote:If its Leinster v Munster that would be an awful shame. Can't imagine Croker going for it though.
I think Croker would be only too glad to do business. It's a question of whether it would be requested by whoever makes that call. All hypothetical at the moment anyway.
elfan

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Donny B. »

Eh.... I was joking about Croke Park.

If that's the case, it will be the RDS.

User avatar
deco
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2325
Joined: January 26th, 2006, 9:33 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by deco »

RDS for a repeat of October 2009 please.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ

User avatar
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5282
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 10:09 am

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by TerenureJim »

Seriously that's bad form on behalf of the IRFU not to ringfence the stadium for that date given the likelyhood that it'll be Leinster V Munster it would be great to see them support the Pro12 a bit more by allowing it to have a showcase final in a large stadium like every other league.

User avatar
mtleinster
Enlightened
Posts: 956
Joined: March 11th, 2010, 11:50 am

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by mtleinster »

Who is it against? is this confirmed (source)

The Football Association of Ireland has confirmed that it will play a Three International friendly match against the Czech Republic in Aviva Stadium on February 29.

The friendly will be the first of two home matches to be played in Aviva Stadium before the boys in green head off to compete in UEFA EURO 2012. The second friendly will take place at the end of May and the opposition will be revealed here shortly.
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes

User avatar
[Jackass]
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3646
Joined: April 14th, 2008, 2:40 pm
Location: D4tress

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by [Jackass] »

For feck sake, could they not have made it mid-week or something?

Just another example of what the IRFU have given away by by giving FAI joint ownership, and that's a couple of million lost revenue if Leinster make the final.

Any chance on moving the date of PRO12 final to day before? ;) A game of that magnitude (if we're in it) should be in Lansdowne.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions

User avatar
elfan
Knowledgeable
Posts: 303
Joined: May 27th, 2006, 12:13 pm
Location: Dublin 15

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by elfan »

mtleinster wrote:Who is it against? is this confirmed (source)

The Football Association of Ireland has confirmed that it will play a Three International friendly match against the Czech Republic in Aviva Stadium on February 29.

The friendly will be the first of two home matches to be played in Aviva Stadium before the boys in green head off to compete in UEFA EURO 2012. The second friendly will take place at the end of May and the opposition will be revealed here shortly.
Playing bosnia & herzegovinia . It's on all main irish news websites at the moment , rte, indo, irish times etc.
elfan

User avatar
ronk
Leo Cullen
Posts: 10705
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by ronk »

[Jackass] wrote:For feck sake, could they not have made it mid-week or something?

Just another example of what the IRFU have given away by by giving FAI joint ownership, and that's a couple of million lost revenue if Leinster make the final.

Any chance on moving the date of PRO12 final to day before? ;) A game of that magnitude (if we're in it) should be in Lansdowne.
They didn't give the FAI joint ownership, the FAI halved the amount the IRFU would have to pay.

The revenue mightn't be big anyway. Our home semi against Ulster didn't sell out last year. I'm not certain that we'd want Lansdowne Road. Munster are happy to use Thomond, we're happy to use the RDS.

There are already 3 matches in Aviva this season.

User avatar
BlueBlue
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3276
Joined: June 16th, 2006, 11:27 am
Location: deepest Leinster

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by BlueBlue »

Pro 12 should be in RDS if its Leinsters. to be sure of the win and to be sure that real supporters are there
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013

wixfjord
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6216
Joined: April 13th, 2009, 1:00 pm

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by wixfjord »

BlueBlue wrote:Pro 12 should be in RDS if its Leinsters. to be sure of the win and to be sure that real supporters are there
You cannot be serious?
Please tell me you're making some sort of joke with that comment? :shock:

User avatar
Vamos los azules
Mullet
Posts: 1836
Joined: April 15th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Vamos los azules »

I'm not sure the daytrippers are aware that there is such a thing as the Pro 12 that fits in between the 6 Nations and the European Cup. Certainly those who come running to me looking for tickets for the big matches aren't impressed when I tell them they can go and watch Leinster very cheaply in the RDS for any of the Pro 12 fixtures. Apparently "That's not the same".
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".

User avatar
Dave Cahill
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 22819
Joined: January 24th, 2006, 4:32 pm
Location: None of your damn business
Contact:

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Dave Cahill »

Vamos los azules wrote:I'm not sure the daytrippers are aware that there is such a thing as the Pro 12 that fits in between the 6 Nations and the European Cup. Certainly those who come running to me looking for tickets for the big matches aren't impressed when I tell them they can go and watch Leinster very cheaply in the RDS for any of the Pro 12 fixtures. Apparently "That's not the same".

They're right though...


Its better!
I have Bumbleflex

User avatar
Vamos los azules
Mullet
Posts: 1836
Joined: April 15th, 2009, 11:17 pm

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Vamos los azules »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:I'm not sure the daytrippers are aware that there is such a thing as the Pro 12 that fits in between the 6 Nations and the European Cup. Certainly those who come running to me looking for tickets for the big matches aren't impressed when I tell them they can go and watch Leinster very cheaply in the RDS for any of the Pro 12 fixtures. Apparently "That's not the same".

They're right though...


Its better!
:lol:

And I agree
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".

User avatar
Mauler
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3107
Joined: February 8th, 2006, 3:04 pm
Location: Building The Wall

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Mauler »

elfan wrote: Playing bosnia & herzegovinia . It's on all main irish news websites at the moment , rte, indo, irish times etc.
Even playing two countries on one day in Lansdowne, the Used Car Salesmen still won't be able to fill it.
:wink:
'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty

User avatar
nelly the elephant
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2195
Joined: April 13th, 2008, 4:29 pm
Location: Gleann Fhaidhle, Contae Cill Mhantáin

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by nelly the elephant »

deco wrote:RDS for a repeat of October 2009 please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What this erudite gentleman said!
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......

User avatar
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip
Posts: 16777
Joined: July 21st, 2011, 3:04 am
Location: Dublin
Contact:

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by simonokeeffe »

We played our last/the first home league final in RDS so no guarantee they'd Landsdowne especially as they have such short notice to sell it out. Grand to say if we get Munster we'd sell it out (but lose home field advantage a bit through red army infiltration) but we wouldn't sell it out for Ospreys say especially inside 2 weeks
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon

User avatar
Donny B.
Gordon D'Arcy
Posts: 26654
Joined: March 27th, 2006, 3:10 pm
Location: D12!!!!!!!!!

Re: Pro 12 Final not in LR

Post by Donny B. »

nelly the elephant wrote:
deco wrote:RDS for a repeat of October 2009 please.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^What this erudite gentleman said!
Erudite gentleman? :? You've met Deco right?

:D

Post Reply