Lukey Fitz

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Lukey Fitz

Post by ronk »

AdamK wrote:Amazing how people how Luke is losing credit with people's opinion when we actually have no idea if he was in talks with Munster or not....
Based on the extent of the rumours, many public, I think it's pretty clear that he was quite far along in terms of making the move. He's free to come out and deny that he'd been in negotiation with Munster which would protect his reputation a bit. I don't think he will though.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

ronk wrote: Based on the extent of the rumours, many public, I think it's pretty clear that he was quite far along in terms of making the move. He's free to come out and deny that he'd been in negotiation with Munster which would protect his reputation a bit. I don't think he will though.
It still makes no sense though, because he'd have to be thicker than horse chyte to go there. What benefit could he possibly get? I just don't understand it.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Peg Leg wrote:
Armchair wrote:40 pages on a rumour that didn't happen, time for it to end me thinks! :roll:
A but infinite space remaining to extol the virtues of Judas Luke!
In fairness we were up to page 16 before the rumour hit.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

and at least 10 of the pages are about ROG
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote:
AdamK wrote:Amazing how people how Luke is losing credit with people's opinion when we actually have no idea if he was in talks with Munster or not....
Based on the extent of the rumours, many public, I think it's pretty clear that he was quite far along in terms of making the move. He's free to come out and deny that he'd been in negotiation with Munster which would protect his reputation a bit. I don't think he will though.

I don't believe that his reputation needs protection in any case. Hes a professional sportsman, he was entering free agency, one of the top teams in Europe made an approach. He considered said approach. He decided against said approach.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: one of the top teams in Europe made an approach. He considered said approach.
Wasn't aware of that, who?

EDIT: Just a joke, I'm fully aware that they're still in the HC and we're not.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Whether he was or not doesn't really matter. The line that was publicised was that he was. That definitely did not come from Leinster rugby.

Players have every right to get the best deal possible, as have clubs. But these negotiations should be kept in private and if they are not, there are inevitable consequences for the reputation of the various parties.
How do you know it was publicised by Luke's camp tho? We heard it here from Munster fans first btw.
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

Second comment, well done to agent drury on getting more on his contract for luke, looking after his client is his job i guess.its just a fact of life nowadays that there will be rumours and agents and players use the media to their advantage. Best of luck to fitz, fine player, i would have liked to see him at munster but i dont think it ever got that close. in one way i am glad he has resigned for leinster as they stood by him when injured and the irfu were well being the irfu.
One other comment on the pics by leinster4life13 , a pretty sad commentary on a great irish player, o gara is most certainly not the player he was but deserves more respect that this.
Retired
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I think it's pretty certain the approach was made, Munster have chased him before, and generally these things don't appear in the media without some substance behind them (generally!) but, believe me, I am the first to despise Drury and the agent game, but I don't think agents had anything to do with this. Besides, Leinster have had their offer on the table for a long time, IRFU were not offering a central contract and Munster can't "outbid" Leinster as an IRFU rule, so there's no incentive and unlikely Leinster ever changed their offer. So I think it was more a case of Luke weighing up his options than an agent stunt, if it even happened in the first place, which as I said, is pretty likely imo.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
No23
Bookworm

Post by No23 »

I am sure that Drury would have put LF's name about the place and talked with any number of clubs.Everything else is speculation and in the end he is with Leinster for the next couple years which is all that counts.
No23
Bookworm

Post by No23 »

'One other comment on the pics by leinster4life13 , a pretty sad commentary on a great irish player, o gara is most certainly not the player he was but deserves more respect that this'

+1
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

red49 wrote:Second comment, well done to agent drury on getting more on his contract for luke, looking after his client is his job i guess.its just a fact of life nowadays that there will be rumours and agents and players use the media to their advantage. Best of luck to fitz, fine player, i would have liked to see him at munster but i dont think it ever got that close. in one way i am glad he has resigned for leinster as they stood by him when injured and the irfu were well being the irfu.
One other comment on the pics by leinster4life13 , a pretty sad commentary on a great irish player, o gara is most certainly not the player he was but deserves more respect that this.

What's wrong with the pictures? Have they been photo-shopped? Disgraceful behavior L4L13 if so!
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

[Jackass] wrote:So I think it was more a case of Luke weighing up his options than an agent stunt, if it even happened in the first place, which as I said, is pretty likely imo.
On Monday Joe came out and said that he hadn't had a proper conversation with Luke about the future yet and that he would during the week.

Obviously Leinster had made an offer but when your boss hasn't talked about the future with you you can't sign anything and there is no reason to reject an offer from what is still a major club.

Joe and Luke had a chat about the future on Tuesday and Luke came out and signed straight away. Shows to me that Luke wants to be at Leinster just wanted confirmation about Joe's vision for him in the future.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

naraic wrote:
[Jackass] wrote:So I think it was more a case of Luke weighing up his options than an agent stunt, if it even happened in the first place, which as I said, is pretty likely imo.
On Monday Joe came out and said that he hadn't had a proper conversation with Luke about the future yet and that he would during the week.

Obviously Leinster had made an offer but when your boss hasn't talked about the future with you you can't sign anything and there is no reason to reject an offer from what is still a major club.

Joe and Luke had a chat about the future on Tuesday and Luke came out and signed straight away. Shows to me that Luke wants to be at Leinster just wanted confirmation about Joe's vision for him in the future.
Would that matter that much? Joe's only going to be around for another year.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Eristic wrote:
naraic wrote:

Would that matter that much? Joe's only going to be around for another year.
Well that's half the length of his contract.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

sid wrote:
I think Munster have an option on his 2nd yr or a "Conway clause" as it's known.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Peg Leg wrote:
sid wrote:
I think Munster have an option on his 2nd yr or a "Conway clause" as it's known.
Ok, that's it. I think we've sucked this topic dry.
Luke is stayin,
But he ain't playin,
Til be fall before he gets a game,
Sorry for takin thy name in vain,

The Mods will close this thread for sure now.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
sid wrote:
Ok, that's it. I think we've sucked this topic dry.
Luke is stayin,
But he ain't playin,
Til be fall before he gets a game,
Sorry for takin thy name in vain,

The Mods will close this thread for sure now.
Amen
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bet Luke is gutted now wha'..... ;-)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Donny B. wrote:Bet Luke is gutted now wha'..... ;-)
not as gutted as Conway :D
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon