Lukey Fitz

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Lukey Fitz

Post by AdamK »

simonokeeffe wrote:watching the ROG compilation, he was once knocked over by Shane Williams :lol:
Sure he was floored by Marmion last week!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

The Heralds Leinster calendar, March. Hilarious. Rogs legs pointing up in the air after Ferg runs him over
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
AwayTheWell
Learner

Post by AwayTheWell »

Remember McFadden running clear through O'Gara without a stumble. Then the AVIVA turf started playing up and made a better tackle on Ferg than ROG.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

:arrow:
blockhead wrote:The Heralds Leinster calendar, March. Hilarious. Rogs legs pointing up in the air after Ferg runs him over
:arrow:
AdamK wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:watching the ROG compilation, he was once knocked over by Shane Williams :lol:
Sure he was floored by Marmion last week!
Connacht scrumhalves have a tendency to floor people :P
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

OooooOOOOooooOohh
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

The master at work, look at the technique, the poise, the cool head, the experience, big match temperment etc etc etc.....

The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Well that's borderline obsessive....
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

The crapper you reckon Rog is and the less talent you reckon he has, the more amazing his career becomes.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Logorrhea wrote:Just google Heaslip runs over, or smashes, or flattens, O'Gara

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-JToT2_ZBo
That's the one thanks!!
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

johng wrote:The crapper you reckon Rog is and the less talent you reckon he has, the more amazing his career becomes.
He was obviously not cr@p at all. He was excellent- even world class is some aspects of OH play, such as touch finding, goal kicking and wet-weather game management. In others he was pretty average- line breaks, etc. While in a few critical aspects of the OH role, he was poor. One of these was defence. Still overall- until a few short years ago, he really was the best 'all round' (as in on balance) OH option we had.

David Humphreys could feel hard done by in being side-lined early while still a match for Ronan; Johnny could feel similarly peeved at being prevented from taking his proper place as first choice. Here another of ROG strengths was on view- self-confidence verging on selfishness. Because that my friends is part of the mix in being a great player. And ROG was a great player FOR A TIME- a flawed, unlovable, cranky one. But he transcended his limitations by his focus on his strenghts. He was never cowardly- despite some of the slagging here. He was always ready to put himsl in a gap and attempt a tackle. But he wasn't either unwilling or able to address his defensive weakness in tackling.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

artaneboy wrote:
johng wrote:The crapper you reckon Rog is and the less talent you reckon he has, the more amazing his career becomes.
He was obviously not cr@p at all. He was excellent- even world class is some aspects of OH play, such as touch finding, goal kicking and wet-weather game management. In others he was pretty average- line breaks, etc. While in a few critical aspects of the OH role, he was poor. One of these was defence. Still overall- until a few short years ago, he really was the best 'all round' (as in on balance) OH option we had.

David Humphreys could feel hard done by in being side-lined early while still a match for Ronan; Johnny could feel similarly peeved at being prevented from taking his proper place as first choice. Here another of ROG strengths was on view- self-confidence verging on selfishness. Because that my friends is part of the mix in being a great player. And ROG was a great player FOR A TIME- a flawed, unlovable, cranky one. But he transcended his limitations by his focus on his strenghts. He was never cowardly- despite some of the slagging here. He was always ready to put himsl in a gap and attempt a tackle. But he wasn't either unwilling or able to address his defensive weakness in tackling.
If you think I was saying that Rog is/was cr@p you are missing the point.
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

Golf Man wrote: And no matter what has gone before or will come again - this will always be the most painful/funny memory from a Munster v Leinster game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGp7FW6tzAU
8 years and 3 HEC wins later, it still hurts.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

johng wrote:
artaneboy wrote:

If you think I was saying that Rog is/was cr@p you are missing the point.
No I wasn't thinking you were at all. I know what you are saying and agree with you basic point.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
BigL
Learner

Post by BigL »

How about a chant for the game in Thomond .......

Ye are never ever, getting Luke Fitzgerald

OK I'll leave
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

The one thing everyone on here who posted videos or pictures of ROG getting knocked down or run over forgot to mention was that he got back up after each and every one of those hits and kept on going. ROG is probably one of the bravest players this country ever produced.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

That's a fair comment, but he should really be thinking about legacy at this stage. Does he really want to be remembered for his last 3 or 4 years of rugby? It's been painfull viewing. It was sad seeing what happened to an Irish hero such as John Hayes towards the end, but you felt like he was being begged to stay on as there was no one else. With ROG, it's like he refuses to leave, even though we all know he should.

Obviously we all make fun of him, but I am pretty sure every poster on here has the upmost respect for ROG for what he achieved in his career and what he contributed to Irish rugby, but it's really got to the point now where someone just needs to tell him to let go. Especially at Munster. It was bad enough seeing him play for Ireland when he shouldn't be near the team, but imagine him at your province doing it week in week out when Keatley is sitting around twiddling his thumbs and a guy like JJ Hanrahan is waiting for an opportunity. Worst part is, I can see them keeping on selecting him, and he'll keep on playing at least another year and Munster "transition" wont stop until they get that guy out of the 10 jersey. They haven't a hope with him in the team. I'm struggling to think of anything he has left to contribute...his goal kicking has even slipped significantly, his range from hand is that of a 12 year old boy and he gives the ambulance service a mini heart attack every time he goes into contact..
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

People aren't judged on their ability rather based on the task that they try to do.

Buckley's not a bad TH just doesn't cut it at international level so we remember that.

ROG was a very good player, not great at some things but exceptional at others. Just he is 36 year old.

Hoonestly if ROG had 88 caps instead of 128 and had retired after the RWC he would get half as much stick here as he does.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

think with ROG his stubbornness which served him well in the past now doing him a disservice

as fun as it is, and it is, joking about him being maoiri sidestepped he was great in the grand slam campaign

and one of those pictures was keith earls

so back to topic, when is Luke going to Paris?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simonokeeffe wrote:think with ROG his stubbornness which served him well in the past now doing him a disservice

as fun as it is, and it is, joking about him being maoiri sidestepped he was great in the grand slam campaign

and one of those pictures was keith earls

so back to topic, when is Luke going to Paris?
Em look I do think ROG played his heart out for Ireland and was a class act but I think it's widely acknowledged that he was quite poor in the 2009 season.
mfjoc
Graduate

Post by mfjoc »

Xanthippe wrote:
The one thing everyone on here who posted videos or pictures of ROG getting knocked down or run over forgot to mention was that he got back up after each and every one of those hits and kept on going. ROG is probably one of the bravest players this country ever produced.
Agree completly! Rog has been a great servant for Munster and Irish rugby.
By the way any chance of getting back to the title of this thread.
Maybe the mods will move the Rog bashing to a different thread so we can ignore it.