Lukey Fitz

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

TonyBauer
Beginner

Re: Lukey Fitz

Post by TonyBauer »

bluemagic wrote:I know I stated the opposite earlier in the topic but Luke is staying for another 2 years according to the man at the top
Man at the top - Mick Dawson?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Bitter As a Lemon wrote:No, Leinster have made moves for him twice in the last 6 yrs.
Roughly 6 years ago he wasn't getting a look in here, and Leinster came sniffing.
They also came to the table 2/3 yrs ago.
yeah but last time was a Hugh Farrelly story :-)

if anyone wants a polemmical laugh read the comments on the balls.ie story, Leinster signed Ross from Munster, we didnt produce Carr & Hagan, TOD has played international rugby but Madigan hasn't etc
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

bluemagic wrote:I know I stated the opposite earlier in the topic but Luke is staying for another 2 years according to the man at the top
How concrete is this, or is it a wind up?

If it's true, would this be the furthest an agent has pushed it with the media?
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Aussiedub wrote:For all the players that we are losing we've got players available to replace them....

McGrath for HVDM
Moore/Furlong for Hagan - 2 serious talented props who have to get gametime or they'll leave.
McCarthy for Browne and ROUX will be fit and Marshall/Flanagan fit and coming through even if Leo goes.
Gopperth for Sexton whilst not as good will also give more depth during the International season...
Conway/Carr/Nacewa gone but Byrne coming through and EOM/Macken also hopefully fit and likely to be another international coming in from overseas...
Luke/BOD if they go will be losses but we know BOD will be a massive loss if he goes...Luke hasn't played that much over last 2 years....

With Roux, Gopperth and Goodman we've got 1 NIQ spaces left to fill....

Maybe a silly question but if BOD goes does anyone think Madigan could be a good 13????? He has pace, runs good lines hard and fast, great passing game, good defender and good kicker - Gopperth then could play 10...
I've had some beets but gonna say
Mcgrath how many caps?
Moore or furlong how many caps?
Mccarthy irish duty. Poor example in September, November n 5 nations
Byrne, how many caps?

Everything we lose is not replaced. Take away mike mmc - irish dutt - our squad massively weakness
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

not saying experience not a positive but it was the be all and end all ROG would be the best outhalf in Ireland, talent goes a long way

Madigan, McGrath, Moore, Byrne massively talented
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

wixfjord wrote:

Not to give Drury a good name or anything but hasn't all this Luke mania been nothing but pure internet speculation?
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

simonokeeffe wrote:if anyone wants a polemmical laugh read the comments on the balls.ie story, Leinster signed Ross from Munster, we didnt produce Carr & Hagan, TOD has played international rugby but Madigan hasn't etc
Just had a quick read :lol: is that your little contribution at the end? couldn't resist could you :D
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It also doesn't really make sense for Drury to push the Munster thing, not like they can offer more money or anything. I doubt it'd be a good bargaining tool for trying to get Luke to play centre.

Anyone know how long Luke will be out for btw? The only thing I've heard was what Richie Murphy said about him hopefully being back for the start of next season. That seems wildly optimistic for me considering he's ruptured his ACL. Given that Munster have financial issues, signing an injury prone player who could well miss a chunk of next season really doesn't make sense to me.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

simonokeeffe wrote:not saying experience not a positive but it was the be all and end all ROG would be the best outhalf in Ireland, talent goes a long way

Flanagan to replace Leo is like saying nagle will replace POC

we're losiq truck load of talent n experience but its ok, adam Byrne was amazing in his 1 or 2 caps

I'm not saying these guys won't make internationals. But they gap is unbelievable
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

wixfjord wrote:

I'm not sure how concrete it is because hes never told me anything before. Saying that its a source who would know
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
lemansky
Beginner

Post by lemansky »

simonokeeffe wrote:
if anyone wants a polemmical laugh read the comments on the balls.ie story, Leinster signed Ross from Munster, we didnt produce Carr & Hagan, TOD has played international rugby but Madigan hasn't etc

My favourite comment is a reply to a post that said that other than Zebo, nothing has come out of Munster in recent years:
Excuse me, do you ever watch Munster rugby? Well you thick idiot you would see Paul O O'Connell, Ronan O Gara and The Bull Hayes etc... All Leinster have is Sexton .. So go back to your box and shut up!
RichardP
Graduate

Post by RichardP »

So where is the sense in all of this rumour mongering anyway? LF has nothing to gain by coming to Munster and Munster would have to dump a few players to accommodate him - bearing in mind he is still damaged goods. I hope LF makes a full and complete recovery from his injuries and recovers his former brilliance too; where he chooses to do that is up to him, but if Munster can't offer more than Leinster to sign him then how does he benefit at all? It's a strange one.
Even for an agent to play this card is a difficult one - 'If you don't offer my client more money here then he'll move for the same money somewhere else'? Good one..
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

suisse wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:not saying experience not a positive but it was the be all and end all ROG would be the best outhalf in Ireland, talent goes a long way

Flanagan to replace Leo is like saying nagle will replace POC

we're losiq truck load of talent n experience but its ok, adam Byrne was amazing in his 1 or 2 caps

I'm not saying these guys won't make internationals. But they gap is unbelievable
I didnt mention either of them :-p and leo hasnt left yet :)
nopeare wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:if anyone wants a polemmical laugh read the comments on the balls.ie story, Leinster signed Ross from Munster, we didnt produce Carr & Hagan, TOD has played international rugby but Madigan hasn't etc
Just had a quick read :lol: is that your little contribution at the end? couldn't resist could you :D
Nah not me, was going to say after a period of not producing quality backs Munster have Zebo, Earls, LOD on way up and still producing many good forwards (but need more depth at prop). Whilst they'll have at least 4 Leinster academy graduates (almost all signed from Leinster) and 2 Leinster schools players all mostly in the backs next season, Connacht will have twice as many and you can't complain about players moving to where therell be more opportunity for them, especially as the size and numbers available to Leinster academy & schools will far exceed supply.
Leinster have 3 guys who started at Munster that we signed from other clubs but we have our fair share of players signed from elsewhere, same as all of the provinces

In the end though I just wrote Heaslip is a stuck up, pompus, arrogant, spoofer and posted it on Conor George's twitter
colster
Knowledgeable

Post by colster »

bertandernie
Beginner

Post by bertandernie »

As above
Leinster Rugby are pleased to announce that Luke Fitzgerald has agreed a new two-year deal with the province...

Fitzgerald, 25, has played 108 times for the province to date (scoring 26 tries) and was a key member of Leinster's Magners League (2007/08) and three Heineken Cup successes (in 2009, 2011 and 2012).

He made his debut for Leinster at the age of 19 and the versatile former Blackrock College back featured in Ireland's recent Six Nations campaign and was selected for the 2009 British & Irish Lions tour to South Africa. To date he has made 26 international appearances.

Commenting on the news of his contract extension Luke Fitzgerald said: "I'm delighted to commit my future here. It is hugely frustrating to miss the run-in to the campaign but I'm looking forward to beginning my rehab over the coming weeks and getting back in a blue shirt next season."

Leinster Coach Joe Schmidt added: "We are delighted that a player of Luke's ability has committed his future to the province. At just 25, his best years are ahead of him and hopefully he'll be back better than ever early next season."
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LUKE HAS SIGNED NEW DEAL!!! told all y'all
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

la ti diddle di diddle di diddle
ti diddle ti diddle ti diddle
diddle ti diddle ti diddle
ti diddle ti diddle te de!

Never have I been so glad to be wrong!
I have Bumbleflex
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

fecking weird few days...

I'd love to know what ACTUALLY was going on.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
bertandernie
Beginner

Post by bertandernie »

Lazarus
Learner

Post by Lazarus »

Like u said, wait for official Word