The final

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

backrower8
Mullet

Re: The final

Post by backrower8 »

When Jenno comes on for Locky, I realy hope to see Toner come on for Leo at the same time.

More than any other area of the game, IF we can get a stready supply of lineout ball (and we haven't since the genuinely great Mr Thorn arrived) we will win this game.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fecking delira with that team tbh.
Perhaps would have started Boss, but he will be a man possessed coming on.

Delighted for RK and Locky in particular.

One interesting selection is Isa at 11, perhaps to go head to head with Andy?
Has Isa played much at 11 for us before? Also, I think I'm correct in saying that the 14 will generally kick more, which is perhaps why Ferg is there.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

On a differeent tack,my HCup Final day is doomed to be severely subdued.

Having been to the two previous finals and the dizzying heights of Bordeaux this year, tomorrow I am grounded by my niece's First Holy Communion!!

I will spend the hours and minutes leading up to kick-off in a restaurant surrounded by three generations of a family that doesn't even know the game is on!!

I will have to tunnel out along with my sons before dessert to find space in a pub somewhere around 4:55....

.....this is NOT how days like this are supposed to go down!! :twisted:

Allez les bleus!!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Relieved to see that team named. Nerves will be going 90 by 4:55 tomorrow :D
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Degz wrote:
Leoslovechild wrote:yes it's a final and a one off game but really really confident having seen the teams.Far more so than I was last year or in 2009 and maybe that's a bad thing but I think the facts are we should win and have nothing to fear from that Ulster team who had a remarkable win over Leicester,a decent effort against a very very poor and overrated Turnips in Mordor and a struggle against a cr@p Edinburgh.Really nothing to be afraid of there.So thats the only nagging doubt that we would beat them 99 times out of every 100 but perhaps this is the 1.......But thinking again I say it in reality will be one of the 99 and a good 10/15 point win is on the cards...cant wait for flight to Manchester tonight then I'll know I'm on the way
To be honest, apart from the Leicester hiding (which was a phenomenally good performance), the Clermont double header was pretty impressive too, although they did just fail to get over the line over there (which is no mark of disrespect to them).

And 99 times out of 100?? Are you mental?
Am I mental...been called worse and some would say definitely...Actually the home result against Clermont was a win cos Clermont thought they only had to turn up and were very poor ...so I just think we big them up far more than we should and in fact should expect with our team and ability to beat them
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

backrower8 wrote:On a differeent tack,my HCup Final day is doomed to be severely subdued.

Having been to the two previous finals and the dizzying heights of Bordeaux this year, tomorrow I am grounded by my niece's First Holy Communion!!

I will spend the hours and minutes leading up to kick-off in a restaurant surrounded by three generations of a family that doesn't even know the game is on!!

I will have to tunnel out along with my sons before dessert to find space in a pub somewhere around 4:55....

Allez les bleus!!
Sacre Bleu!!

Same problem, but my trip is to west cork - lucky if the game is on in a pub!

at some stage you beleive that if you did not have another commitment, we would not have made the final..
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
kendalgerty
Graduate

Post by kendalgerty »

Delihhted, releived etc. Particularly happy for Rob Kearney, who didn't start the two previous finals, and Fergus McFadden, who has had a career of being the fall guy come selection time for the big game, despite knocking very hard for a long time. Well earned, laddie.
http://whiffofcordite.com/ - Whiff of Cordite - The Rugby Nerd's Blog
ad nauseam
Knowledgeable

Post by ad nauseam »

bluemagic wrote:Very relieved but wont believe it till I see them on the pitch
Agreed. But fingers and toes crossed for full fitness.
To the bitter and twisted, nothing is ever good enough.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Had a peak on their fansite and, although you should always take people's opinions with a pinch of salt, I don't think our pack is getting the respect it has earned over the past few years.

Ulster's pack is strong gan dabht but, if they are relying on bullying our pack to win the game, it could be a rude awakening for them tomorrow evening. Here's hoping anyway :wink:
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

Cianostays wrote:Had a peak on their fansite and, although you should always take people's opinions with a pinch of salt, I don't think our pack is getting the respect it has earned over the past few years.

Ulster's pack is strong gan dabht but, if they are relying on bullying our pack to win the game, it could be a rude awakening for them tomorrow evening. Here's hoping anyway :wink:
For them to win, their 1 to 8 need to dominate.
For us to win our 1 to 8 only need parity.

I know its a simplistic view but true never the less.
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

backrower8 wrote:On a differeent tack,my HCup Final day is doomed to be severely subdued.

Allez les bleus!!
Just hit the vino hard at the dinner table and you should be in full voice by kick off. Also, keep your sons nearby and build up the excitement by conveying the gospel according to BOD
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

We've got Brad Thorn, no one bullies Brad Thorn.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

What are you doing allowing a Nieces communion to get in the way of a final?

Daughter or Son fine, Niece .............. nahhh sorry dear.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

I can 100%, hand on heart say that I would miss any of my nieces' or nephews' communions/confos for a HC final. And my siblings are all well aware of this.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Best of luck tomorrow lads!

Communions lolz :D
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

honeyec wrote:

I can 100%, hand on heart say that I would miss any of my nieces' or nephews' communions/confos for a HC final. And my siblings are all well aware of this.
I'd miss my own wedding for it! My future wife will have to be a very very understanding woman.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
simplythebest
Enlightened

Post by simplythebest »

Logorrhea wrote:What are you doing allowing a Nieces communion to get in the way of a final?

Daughter or Son, maybe. But Niece .............. nahhh sorry dear.
Fixed that for you Log.
They were my thoughts exactly. Weak excuse :wink:
LEINSTER pour toujours
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Bosco wrote:Best of luck tomorrow lads!

Communions lolz :D
Its known as the Donal L special! :P
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Strong team. Delighted locky starts and great to see Rob play in his first final. Would have preferred Boss starting & then Reddan come on around 60 to up the tempo, but hey ho thats still a smashing outfit to send into battle.
Here's hoping the lads make history!!

ALLEZ LES BLEUS
3 Gold Stars
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

I hope what Reddan whispered to Ferris here has set in in his subconscious which was "Fez ya big b0llocks for the love of God never do this to me!"