2013 Heineken Cup Draw

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Re: 2013 Heineken Cup Draw

Post by [Jackass] »

I'd like if we got the Ospreys. They need to be put in their place. :evil: Jammy gits.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

We are champions of Europe

I fear no one

:D

But a trip to Exeter treviso and Toulon would be handy enough!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Don't care who we get. . . in saying that a french and italian team in our pool could be bad in terms of travelling support. People are not made of money so a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford both.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

sheepshagger wrote:Don't care who we get. . . in saying that a french and italian team in our pool could be bad in terms of travelling support. People are not made of money so a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford both.

True enough

What will be will be - believe that Leicester cheetahs are required to also have an Italian side - its the law!
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

mikey wrote: What will be will be - believe that Leicester cheetahs are required to also have an Italian side - its the law!
That'll switch to the Saints next season now that Leicester have dropped to Tier 2 and Saints are Tier 1.

Toulon is definitely on my wish list for next season. Otherwise Sale and Castres are the only 2 other locations I haven't been that we could draw and I'm not sure Salford is that high on my wish list!
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

mikey wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Don't care who we get. . . in saying that a french and italian team in our pool could be bad in terms of travelling support. People are not made of money so a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford both.

True enough

What will be will be - believe that Leicester cheetahs are required to also have an Italian side - its the law!
I though they were now the Leicester Zebras (or Painted Donkeys) with their new strip. Certainly doesn't look like Tigger stripes to me :) . Speaking of which; and only a little off topic as it does relate to the draw - Leicester fans forum is becoming much more of a whinge fest re Leinsters HEC success.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

[quote="desperado

I though they were now the Leicester Zebras (or Painted Donkeys) with their new strip. Certainly doesn't look like Tigger stripes to me :) . Speaking of which; and only a little off topic as it does relate to the draw - Leicester fans forum is becoming much more of a whinge fest re Leinsters HEC success.[/quote]

Just to correct the last statement,a few regular whingers,who moan about everything especially anything about the rabid direct league,are moaning.A couple a Northampton sinners fans who try to pretend they are Tigers fans are moaning,most of us acknowledge we have let the Premiership title dominate our season and we need to address this if we can.Leinster are currently the team to beat in Europe,of that there is no question,looking forward to the draw.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

tigerburnie wrote:
desperado wrote:
I though they were now the Leicester Zebras (or Painted Donkeys) with their new strip. Certainly doesn't look like Tigger stripes to me :) . Speaking of which; and only a little off topic as it does relate to the draw - Leicester fans forum is becoming much more of a whinge fest re Leinsters HEC success.
Just to correct the last statement,a few regular whingers,who moan about everything especially anything about the rabid direct league,are moaning.A couple a Northampton sinners fans who try to pretend they are Tigers fans are moaning,most of us acknowledge we have let the Premiership title dominate our season and we need to address this if we can.Leinster are currently the team to beat in Europe,of that there is no question,looking forward to the draw.
[/quote]

Not so sure about that tigerburnie, there appears to be a fair few whingers on your offy board. Amazed at some of the opinions put forward. There also seems to be a lot of spite towards Leinster for some reason, not sure where it comes from tbh.
3 Gold Stars
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
tigerburnie wrote:
desperado wrote:

Not so sure about that tigerburnie, there appears to be a fair few whingers on your offy board. Amazed at some of the opinions put forward. There also seems to be a lot of spite towards Leinster for some reason, not sure where it comes from tbh.
...but we're still glad that there are plenty of Tigers fans who aren't like that, right? :)

Their new jersey is still terrible though :P
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Whinger on internet forum shock! I'd say an ospreys fan (if one of the ten of them has access to the net and can read) would have a right old laugh at some of the moaning here.

While we are champions and should fear nobody ASM and Ospreys would be a group we could actually fail to qualify from. Our luck has to run out against Clermont some time, but while the media still exists I don't see welsh teams run of luck ending!
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

fourthirtythree wrote:Whinger on internet forum shock! I'd say an ospreys fan (if one of the ten of them has access to the net and can read) would have a right old laugh at some of the moaning here.

While we are champions and should fear nobody ASM and Ospreys would be a group we could actually fail to qualify from. Our luck has to run out against Clermont some time, but while the media still exists I don't see welsh teams run of luck ending!
Have a look at their offocial site and check out their threads.

So we are lucky against Clermont? As Joe john Duffy would say...Jaaaysuz.
3 Gold Stars
Nicolas
Beginner

Post by Nicolas »

Hello,
Don't be overconfident if you get Toulon, it is a very strong team and very hard to play. Next year it will be very hard to win against them. I make it my favorite to win the top 14 this year.
I think for you among the French clubs, Castre is the "easiest".

Although I enjoy come to Dublin and Leinster, I want to play against you as late as possible. Why not for the finals?
"Allez les Jaunes"
Image Image
Balrog
Bookworm

Post by Balrog »

Nicolas wrote: I want to play against you as late as possible. Why not for the finals?
Hi Nicolas, Yes as late as possible would do me fine too. I think we've used up all our luck against Clermont these last few years. Hard luck in the Top 14 semi. I would have liked to see a Toulouse - Clermont final.

The Leinster - Montferrand match in the Heineken cup at Donnybrook in the 2003 season (I think) is still to my mind the most intense club match I've ever been at, I admit I wasn't at this year's semi. 12-9 to Leinster in the end but a brutally intense match.

Good luck next year till you meet Leinster, of course :wink:.
Balrog
Bookworm

Post by Balrog »

Double post.
josie
Graduate

Post by josie »

Career change and less pay this year - I want a cheap season.
Leinster
Leicester - 40 miles up the road for me, although no other discernible benefits to being there.
Scarlets - road trip, well cheap cider and free sunglasses
Exeter - road trip and nice cream teas
Oh pointy birds
Oh pointy, pointy
Anoint my head
Anointy, nointy
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

josie wrote:Career change and less pay this year - I want a cheap season.
Leinster
Leicester - 40 miles up the road for me, although no other discernible benefits to being there.

Same boat for me, unfortunately we have to have a French team. I'd assume Racing would be the cheapest travel wise, but expensive for the old vino.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Leinster

What's the jackanory with these?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

nelly the elephant wrote:
Leinster

What Glasses?
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Post by crumlinbob »

A trip to Exeter would be fantastic as they know their rugby. And a thing or two about cider! yumm. Have watched them in the Premiership and the atmosphere seems terrific. Anyway have been waiting for years for a trip to Biarritz but the jammy gits are top tier (?) again this season. Maybe in the quarters.
Life's a lot more fun when you're not responsible for your actions.
nelly the elephant
Rhys Ruddock

Post by nelly the elephant »

Cianostays wrote:
nelly the elephant wrote:
Leinster

What Glasses?
Yeah....free sunglasses.....cad é an scéal?
We all dream of a team of Sean O'Briens......