Michael Noone

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Tigerinpeace

Michael Noone

Post by Tigerinpeace »

Greetings from Leicester.

We have just signed Michael Noone, a 6/8 as an an injury dispensation signing, can you give me some insight into him because there is not much about online. By all accounts, he impressed when on trial in an A game, scoring a good try and has signed today until the end of the season.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Michael Noone

Post by cormac »

Tigerinpeace wrote:Greetings from Leicester.

We have just signed Michael Noone, a 6/8 as an an injury dispensation signing, can you give me some insight into him because there is not much about online. By all accounts, he impressed when on trial in an A game, scoring a good try and has signed today until the end of the season.
Went to a great school. Was involved with the Leinster and Ireland U-20's but picked up a serious injury before the JWC a couple of years back. Don't recall him making the full Academy at Leinster and he's been over in England for the last season or two. Glad to hear he's picked up a deal with Leicester, hope he gets a chance to impress.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Selected on the bench for all five games of the U20 Six Nations in 2009 behind Rhys Ruddock, Dominic Ryan and Peter O'Mahony. Ryan and Ruddock were U19s on either flank, O'Mahony was U20 at No8. Of those three players, only Ryan hasn't been capped at test level thus far [though he has been capped at 'A'/Wolfhound level].
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

cormac wrote:

Went to a great school. Was involved with the Leinster and Ireland U-20's but picked up a serious injury before the JWC a couple of years back. Don't recall him making the full Academy at Leinster and he's been over in England for the last season or two. Glad to hear he's picked up a deal with Leicester, hope he gets a chance to impress.
Wasn't Ballyfermot Comprehensive by any chance, was it? :lol:
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Apocrypha wrote:
cormac wrote:

A slight step up from that, only a slight one mind you.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

cormac wrote:
A slight step up from that, only a slight one mind you.
He must have gone to Monkstain. :)
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

Apocrypha wrote:
cormac wrote:

You've been very quiet since Friday.....
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Had a cracking season for Blackrock in 2010/11 I think. Very, Very big unit. Quick acceleration from standing and sustained pace over 60/70 metres. Strong ball carrier and tackler. I dunno if he has enough to break through at Leceister but he will go alright for you in the A league and a years training at Leicester should see him kick on.

Would expect him to get picked up by another top level club on the back of this
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
future international
Enlightened

Post by future international »

Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

Darce wrote:Had a cracking season for Blackrock in 2010/11 I think. Very, Very big unit. Quick acceleration from standing and sustained pace over 60/70 metres. Strong ball carrier and tackler. I dunno if he has enough to break through at Leceister but he will go alright for you in the A league and a years training at Leicester should see him kick on.

Cormac said he went to a great school. Was he joking?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

My comment was tongue in cheek, but he didn't go to school in Blackrock.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Apocrypha wrote:
Darce wrote:Had a cracking season for Blackrock in 2010/11 I think. Very, Very big unit. Quick acceleration from standing and sustained pace over 60/70 metres. Strong ball carrier and tackler. I dunno if he has enough to break through at Leceister but he will go alright for you in the A league and a years training at Leicester should see him kick on.

If he went to your school Apo you would probably say similar. (Unless you hated your school because they turned you into a bitter twisted individual or something :lol: ) He played with the CLUB Blackrock for a year I think.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

His pace off the mark is very impressive in that highlight reel ... obviously they're highlights [duh!] and it's amateur rugby, but that's something that you've either got or you don't have, and it stands out at both pro and amateur levels. Be interesting to see how he progresses with Leicester, the Premiership is a tough league.
bunty85
Knowledgeable

Post by bunty85 »

Last edited by bunty85 on May 3rd, 2023, 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

bunty85 wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:

Noone learned his rugby at Seapoint RFC. An impressive number of players have come from what was a Junior club until 2 seasons ago. Noone at the Tigers, Felix Jones at Munster and Dundon at Leinster. He played a season for Blackrock after he broke his leg and you have to say it paid off for him as it allowed him to go to England.

Noone played in a Junior Cup final versus Blackrock for Pres Bray alongside Jay Harris Wright. He left along with JHW for his last few years of school and went to CBC.
A man of my own ilk and kin. Good call Cormac... :clap:
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

you and George focking hewk. might have known.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Apocrypha wrote:
bunty85 wrote: Noone learned his rugby at Seapoint RFC. An impressive number of players have come from what was a Junior club until 2 seasons ago. Noone at the Tigers, Felix Jones at Munster and Dundon at Leinster. He played a season for Blackrock after he broke his leg and you have to say it paid off for him as it allowed him to go to England.

Noone played in a Junior Cup final versus Blackrock for Pres Bray alongside Jay Harris Wright. He left along with JHW for his last few years of school and went to CBC.
A man of my own ilk and kin. Good call Cormac... :clap:
I should point out that I wasn't referring to his stint at Pres.....
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

With lower forms of life like Eoghan 'Traitor' Harris and Hugh 'Captain Underpants' Farrelly joining 'Gorgeous' George in the affray, it's little wonder that you weren't :oops: