Post by TerenureJim »

Phil06 wrote:Brian O'Driscoll Interview - Laighin Out Bar 22.09.12

Available Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I79pj70b ... KzPNK7zDgg
Awesome thanks for putting this up
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Brian O'Driscoll Laighin Out Bar Interview

Post by deco »

Cheers for posting that, nice interview.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
leinsterblueyellow
Learner

Post by leinsterblueyellow »

Well done Aisling and everybody at the OLSC. My two sons and I really enjoyed it.

It was also nice to have the books of condolence for the Spence family there as well.
Green
Learner

Post by Green »

Thank you for posting. Much appreciated
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

thanks for posting the interview :D :D :D
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Dull as ditchwater, politically correct and saying virtually nothing. The usual pro sportsman interview. At least delivered with a smile and a bit of banter.

The media paranoia has just gotten out of hand with sportspeople. What do they think is going to happen if they let the odd personal opinion out? Armageddon?
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Official high quality OLSC vid http://bit.ly/QzVSAd

And for those in a rush shorter snippets http://bit.ly/Shl4ud
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

jezzer wrote:Dull as ditchwater, politically correct and saying virtually nothing. The usual pro sportsman interview. At least delivered with a smile and a bit of banter.

The media paranoia has just gotten out of hand with sportspeople. What do they think is going to happen if they let the odd personal opinion out? Armageddon?
Well look what happened with Joe Canning when he opened up (rightly or wrongly) on Henry Shefflin's behaviour in the drawn All-Ireland. It was the 'meeja' right from the Indo to Off the Ball that bigged it up as a gaffe! It's a self-defeating tactic of course. Complain that sportsmen are bland in their public utterences and then jump all over them when they say anything even vaguely controversial.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
bgclaw
Bookworm

Post by bgclaw »

artaneboy wrote:
jezzer wrote:Dull as ditchwater, politically correct and saying virtually nothing. The usual pro sportsman interview. At least delivered with a smile and a bit of banter.

Well look what happened with Joe Canning when he opened up (rightly or wrongly) on Henry Shefflin's behaviour in the drawn All-Ireland. It was the 'meeja' right from the Indo to Off the Ball that bigged it up as a gaffe! It's a self-defeating tactic of course. Complain that sportsmen are bland in their public utterences and then jump all over them when they say anything even vaguely controversial.
I thought his comments today in the paper about playing for leinster supporters first was controversial.
I also thought his comments about leinster supporters needing to get behind Ireland more is controversial aswell.
I also think his admission to Irelands slump being the fault of ireland players controversial.
Because we all know its Kidneys fault. :shock:
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bgclaw wrote: I thought his comments today in the paper about playing for leinster supporters first was controversial.
I also thought his comments about leinster supporters needing to get behind Ireland more is controversial aswell.
I also think his admission to Irelands slump being the fault of ireland players controversial.
In what interview did he say those two things exactly? Because there was no mention of them in the indo interview.
RnR
Knowledgeable

Post by RnR »

Donny B. wrote:
bgclaw wrote: I thought his comments today in the paper about playing for leinster supporters first was controversial.
In what interview did he say those two things exactly? Because there was no mention of them in the indo interview.
Same, no such comments in IT.

Heres what BOD is quoted as saying:

Clearly, the value of the green jersey was re-affirmed. O’Driscoll, who says he feels as well as ever physically after a niggle-free pre-season and will not consider his future beyond this season until the New Year, admitted: “Maybe we were guilty of taking for granted representing our country and you should never do that.

“It was important that we understand the pride of wearing the jersey and the respect we have to show it every time we put it on.”

“Sometimes you’re not given too much of a chance, other than holidays, to take stock of how great it is to play for your country. There is only one thing better than playing for your country and that’s winning for your country. We just have to try and remember what that’s like and make that feeling happen more often than not.”
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Yes, I'd much rather Quade Cooper, Chris Aston or Gavin Henson played for Leinster their whole career, those boys can really do interviews. What entertainment !

Its not in the lads personality, he keeps to himself and I'm thankful for it.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

bgclaw wrote:
artaneboy wrote:

I thought his comments today in the paper about playing for leinster supporters first was controversial.
????? :?:
drive for 5
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

BlueBlue wrote:

Yes, I'd much rather Quade Cooper, Chris Aston or Gavin Henson played for Leinster their whole career, those boys can really do interviews. What entertainment !

Its not in the lads personality, he keeps to himself and I'm thankful for it.
It's not an issue with BOD himself, it's just this stupid couching of every answer in layers of drivel that they all go through that drives me nuts. Joe Schmidt answered every question he was asked in a straight fashion.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

jezzer wrote:
It's not an issue with BOD himself, it's just this stupid couching of every answer in layers of drivel that they all go through that drives me nuts. Joe Schmidt answered every question he was asked in a straight fashion.
Joe Schmidt hasn't had his ability to give a straight answer poisoned by prolonged contact with Kidney (and Eddie before him) and his obsession with media management. To be fair, that is what keeps him in a job 'cos it ain't his performance as a coach.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

God Jezzer, he asked the questions he was asked quite well I believe. The questions were quite generic, so what did you expect? :roll:
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Joe's a master, he puts everyone at ease with his manner and humour, I'm not being cynical here but its also a way of not getting asked any hard questions, also Joe is the boss, also what players say and Especially Bod is picked over and mis quoted.
drive for 5
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Forget I posted anything. BOD is God etc etc.
tones
Shane Jennings

Post by tones »

jezzer wrote:Forget I posted anything. BOD is God etc etc.
No, its not that. Just wondering what you were expecting when you see the questions he was asked?
"Munster could join the French League, or an expanded English / British league."