Mike Ross Gouged

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

christy
Bookworm

Mike Ross Gouged

Post by christy »

Anyone else notice Mike Ross being Gouged yesterday By Exeter number 5 James Hanks. This image doesn't do it justice but he could serve a lengthy ban for it if you have a copy of the game watch it back he has a good gouge before feeding the ball back.

christy
Bookworm

Re: Mike Ross Gouged

Post by christy »

Uploaded video here it happens around the 31 minute mark

meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

I can't see anything from that video. Where is the ball when he's using his right hand to allegedly gouge? The ball is resting on Ross' chest during the gouge, before he gets to shuffle it back between his legs? What does Ross do/how does Ross react afterwards? Certainly nothing conclusive from that video anyway (have freeze-framed it, etc.).
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

He has made contact with his face. Can we get a slightly longer clip to see for a reaction?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Just as the scrum half takes hold of the ball, and Ross takes his 2 hands away from his head, Hanks rests/places his hand on the side of Ross' head. Is that what we're talking about? If so, do you not think that Ross's head is to his left side, and Hanks' hand can't be in a position to gouge at that point? His fingers and thumbs can't be near the eye area, and at best his palm could be. Or am I looking at the wrong part?
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

This had me screaming at the TV at the time. Firstly Hanks comes straight in off his feet trys to wrestle the ball from Ross. Ross holds on to it so Hanks makes unnecessary contact with the eye area ( which by the letter of the law is considered gouging) to encourage Ross to release it. Result Leinster penalised for holding on. Ross didn't react to it at all.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Looks more like Hanks is just trying to feed the ball backwards to me.
bgclaw
Bookworm

Post by bgclaw »

At least he was involved in something beside lumbering up to a scrum or lineout.
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

bgclaw wrote:At least he was involved in something beside lumbering up to a scrum or lineout.
He actually made a decent break at one point in the first half. I think he was as surprised about it as I was in the stand!
Blue Voodoo
Knowledgeable

Post by Blue Voodoo »

Cheak out the photos on sportsfile , he was full of intent on a mission !
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

Heavy words are so lightly thrown
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Ah not much in it. Move along, nothing to see here.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
sontaran man1
Beginner

Post by sontaran man1 »

nah
SC4 commentator on Leinster v Cardiff 27/10/2012

" Its 15 v 14 after that yellow card.........................it might as well be 50 v 14"