Kearney/Isa injured

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Kearney/Isa injured

Post by Scott »

hang on what havei missed here. Fitz wont recover from injury to play at all this season ?
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
ror
Graduate

Post by ror »

There seams to be a bit of doubt on the injury and the contract. I am certainly not saying he is gone or leaving but word on the inside is "there is no word" on a return date which is worrying. This coupled with contract "issues" has lead me to believe its 50/50... I am only adding 1 and 1 to get 3. But this is from left field and I personally think its going the wrong direction but 50/50 is about fair at the moment. I would hate if he went...
Barry
Enlightened

Post by Barry »

report issued by LR on Oct 5 :-

Luke Fitzgerald – positive report possibly back one month earlier than original prognosis (December)
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

tones wrote:Kearneys injury is a really bad blow in that its another injury to an International. However, I believe with Isa back for Clermont and Dave Kearney back to fitness we will be ok (just).
that is the bright side Dave Kearney, Mcfadden and Isa would be a good back 3 for Clermont...maybe Fitzgerald if he recovers but going by what ror is saying might not be.

Thanks for the info ror (even though none of its what I wanted to hear :( )
Silvine
Learner

Post by Silvine »

Luke has been back at training in UCD for weeks now. He'd hardly be there if there was such concern about his injury?
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Terrible news on Kearney, and I hope Isa is back in 3 to 4 weeks.

We are getting a bit carried away on Fitz, he is injured we all know that, out of contract with the IRFU, but on a contract with Leinster which ends at the end of this season. Seeing as how he is going to be out of contract, its stating the obvious that he may not resign for Leinster. He could sign or he may not sign, 100 % divided by 2 options is 50/50

As regards injury, I saw him myself training in UCD 4 to 5 weeks ago, running around, not contact. With a neck injury, of course Leinster are not going to set a firm date for his return, therefore Joe needs to plan without him, bonus if he comes back.

Luke will play for Leinster again unless its the unthinkable, him not being able to play for anyone because of injury.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Silvine wrote:Luke has been back at training in UCD for weeks now. He'd hardly be there if there was such concern about his injury?
There's a world of difference between fitness/skills sessions with no contact and taking full contact with a view to getting back playing. Has he been seen doing the full-on contact work yet or merely throwing the ball about a bit?
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Nobody in Leinster expected this bombshell. Talked to a man, who talked to a player in Cardiff last week, and Rob had trained with the team twice in the week, completed 40 mins each time without problem but had a slight back problem. The word was he was going for a precationary medical check but would be ok defo for AI.

Isa appears to have been injured on Sat when he broke a small bone in this hand. That man is made of steel and has been rumoured to have played half a dozen games with a fractured leg last season before he thought it was sore enough to report.

Add in that Darren Hudson played against Gloucester in pre-season and against Leeds in B&I home game. Played really well in both. Then wrecked his shoulder with the end of the game in sight and result in the bag! Dame Luck has reired from the Blue colours for the moment.

Andrew Goodman will certainly get game time and has maybe played a bit at 15. Dave Kearney is close to return and it would be a great entry for him in Rabo games coming up. But......enter stage centre I Madigan, fast becoming the Leinster Man for All Seasons (and Reasons). Mads will come into the 15 equation but is probably not autmatic there.

With some good fortune full-back options for Cardiff and Ospreys could include Dave Kearney, Mads, Andrew Conway, Noel Reid (played full-back for A team on Saturday against Pontypridd). For Clermont games, the hope must be that Isa will be back, but one further name might be considered, Gordon Darcy, originally a full-back and called into National Squad in that position in his first call-up. Goodman has played almost all his rugby this Season at 12 (and made a very good job of it) so there is cover there in addition to Fergus McFadden

One certainty is that Joe Schmidt will be put under real pressure to get a settled combination ready for Clermont away. The selection against Zebre on December 1st will be fascinating!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

I suppose we can be selfish/thankful Madigan is not part of IRFU player welfare programme so we can play him whenever we want

If Luke comes back we probably need him in the centre as much as anything else while Darce, BOD, McF away (any word on O'Malley in that regard?)

of academy back three players, in case we need one, Sam Coghlan Murray next in line?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

BlueBlue wrote:We are getting a bit carried away on Fitz, he is injured we all know that, out of contract with the IRFU, but on a contract with Leinster which ends at the end of this season.
I heard from a reasonable source, that his contract is only until the new year (January), rather than the end of the season.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Jeez, is this real life, or just a terrible, terrible dream?

A lot is relying on Luke, if we lost him it would be a massive blow. If the game lost him it would be tragic. Hope he gets better...

Re current injuries, that's a right boot in the balls...in our weakest area of the field, our 2 best players, who both cover the same positions, gone.

Good thing Mad Dog has been getting a lot of game time with 15 on his back!!

That is of course, assuming we don't lose Madigan and Sexton for the rest of the season between now and Clermont...
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

Injuries, injuries and more injuries.

Sometimes you just got to throw your hat at it. Feels like someone is conspiring against us making history in Dublin next year.
3 Gold Stars
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Yep, just when things were looking up. Its reasonable news on Isa at least.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Injuries, injuries and more injuries.

Sometimes you just got to throw your hat at it. Feels like someone is conspiring against us making history in Dublin next year.
Or setting up a fairy tale.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

ronk wrote:

Don't believe in them myself but I catch your drift.
3 Gold Stars
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
ronk wrote:

How could you not believe in them after the Northampton final
jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Post by jordanracer »

Rob Kearney ‏on twitter an hour or so ago

"So another journey begins, surgery went well which is great! Road to recovery has begun already!!" :happy clapper:
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Fingers crossed!
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

nopeare wrote:
ronk wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:
How could you not believe in them after the Northampton final
True.

That's in the past. Different challenge in front of us this season. With a fully fit squad i'd be very confident but a pattern seems to be emerging in relation to injuries.
3 Gold Stars