Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

marcosid3
Beginner

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by marcosid3 »

ror wrote:I thought he was struggling through out the game, maybe it was a policy not to compete at the breakdown, but I did not notice his normal presence on Friday.. He has been carrying a knock into the game and it looks like it has flared up again...

Pretty accurate about his presence, but kudos to him for the massive hold up on the line along with J10 in the first half. He showed some power to hold up him up and drive him back while on the ground!
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

He's obviously not right and hopefully he will rest this summer away from the British lions nonsense and give his body time to recover for next season under MOC and Joe.

A fully fit and raring to go SOB is a mouthwatering prospect for Leinster and Ireland.
3 Gold Stars
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:He's obviously not right and hopefully he will rest this summer away from the British lions nonsense and give his body time to recover for next season under MOC and Joe.

A fully fit and raring to go SOB is a mouthwatering prospect for Leinster and Ireland.
Thankfully the players don't subscribe to your views of 'nonsense' .

Hope he's rearing to go come the 1st test, which will undoubtedly be one of the biggest honours of his professional career and just what he deserves after an amazing 4 years.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:Jaysus lads, agreed he's a snide p***k and is fond of a late hit and who cares what he puts up on twatter?

But the outrage in comparison to the excuses trotted out in support of the kick to the head DK got from from St Paulie is hilarious.

Is it because he's English?
No. His brother Stef is a top lad. Its because Delon's a total tw@t.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

Sinead Kissane on twitter said SOB is linking up with the Lions squad today. Looks like he's out of the final.

Typically Leinster also said he was 50-50 for the final...
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

AdamK wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:He's obviously not right and hopefully he will rest this summer away from the British lions nonsense and give his body time to recover for next season under MOC and Joe.

Hope he's rearing to go come the 1st test, which will undoubtedly be one of the biggest honours of his professional career and just what he deserves after an amazing 4 years.
Honestly AdamK, I do not understand where you are coming from (unless of course you are not actually a Leinster fan, which is entirely possible and your own business). You want a Leinster player to miss the league final so as to reduce the risk of him missing out on the lions? Why did we play all those games this season, week in and week out through the winter to get to this very point, the Grand Final?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I (kind of) understand.

As a Leinster fan I don't give a flying fock about the Lions. But as a fan of the Leinster players I would not begrudge them what be a HUGE personal honour.

The 6 players in question have given us loads and are above reproach.
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

blockhead wrote:
AdamK wrote:

Honestly AdamK, I do not understand where you are coming from (unless of course you are not actually a Leinster fan, which is entirely possible and your own business). You want a Leinster player to miss the league final so as to reduce the risk of him missing out on the lions? Why did we play all those games this season, week in and week out through the winter to get to this very point, the Grand Final?

I don't think any Leinster fan wants Sean O'Brien to miss the Grand Final but it is looking more and more likely that he won't be fit for the game. I think all AdamK said was that he hoped he would be fit for the Lions tour if he can't make it Saturday as it is a massive personal achievement for any professional player and that he deserves it.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Basically what johng/bronxbull said.

Ofcourse I'm a Leinster fan. But this isn't soccer. I'm not some blind, raving ultra LEINSTER TIL I DIE etc., etc. Next Saturday is just a game. One that we have oodles of cover in the backrow for. The Lions tour is something that rolls around once every 4 years and is a MASSIVE honour for most players. Most players say their highlight of their career is playing for the Lions. It's the biggest accolade a player in the home nations can receive. For them to be selected means they're the elite of the elite. Seanie will be involved in plenty of pro12 finals.

Just ask Fez or TOL how they felt watching the games from the sidelines. Doubt they'll ever get that chance again. That must be unbelievably painful for them.

I'm a Leinster fan, but I'm not bone-idle to how a person feels, nor am I as short-sighted to believe everything is about Leinster and everything else is secondary. If that was the case I'd hope no Leinster player ever got called up into the Irish squad.

I said this about BOD as well. SB said on another thread he was 'glad he called me on that bullshit'. :roll: However SB has made is abundantly clear his bigoted views and he really didn't call me on anything other than spouting nonsense. BOD often makes light of a rugby, after all it's just a game, however anytime he's asked about the Lions it becomes serious - he speaks from the heart because whilst it might not mean a lot to close minded people like SB it means a HELLUVA lot to the BODs/SOBs/Fez etc., etc. and my appreciation for these guys AS PEOPLE far outreaches my greedy wants as a Leinster fan.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

AdamK wrote:Basically what johng/bronxbull said.

Ofcourse I'm a Leinster fan. But this isn't soccer. I'm not some blind, raving ultra LEINSTER TIL I DIE etc., etc. Next Saturday is just a game. One that we have oodles of cover in the backrow for. The Lions tour is something that rolls around once every 4 years and is a MASSIVE honour for most players. Most players say their highlight of their career is playing for the Lions. It's the biggest accolade a player in the home nations can receive. For them to be selected means they're the elite of the elite. Seanie will be involved in plenty of pro12 finals.

Just ask Fez or TOL how they felt watching the games from the sidelines. Doubt they'll ever get that chance again. That must be unbelievably painful for them.

I'm a Leinster fan, but I'm not bone-idle to how a person feels, nor am I as short-sighted to believe everything is about Leinster and everything else is secondary. If that was the case I'd hope no Leinster player ever got called up into the Irish squad.

I said this about BOD as well. SB said on another thread he was 'glad he called me on that bullshit'. :roll: However SB has made is abundantly clear his bigoted views and he really didn't call me on anything other than spouting nonsense. BOD often makes light of a rugby, after all it's just a game, however anytime he's asked about the Lions it becomes serious - he speaks from the heart because whilst it might not mean a lot to close minded people like SB it means a HELLUVA lot to the BODs/SOBs/Fez etc., etc. and my appreciation for these guys AS PEOPLE far outreaches my greedy wants as a Leinster fan.

In sum, I(adamk) have a rather large hard on for british lions, leinster come a long way behind them, secondary. Not arsed if leinster players are injured for finals as long as they turn out for british lions cos it's the pinnacle of ones career. Nice if leinster win every now and then but Lions at all costs. You dont agree with me you are a bigot.

*** Edited by Mod ***
3 Gold Stars
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

bronxbull wrote:
blockhead wrote:
AdamK wrote:

I don't think any Leinster fan wants Sean O'Brien to miss the Grand Final but it is looking more and more likely that he won't be fit for the game. I think all AdamK said was that he hoped he would be fit for the Lions tour if he can't make it Saturday as it is a massive personal achievement for any professional player and that he deserves it.

He also said he hoped BOD would miss the 2 finals so he could turn out for the lions doncha ya know
3 Gold Stars
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:

In sum, I(adamk) have a rather large hard on for british lions, leinster come a long way behind them, secondary. Not arsed if leinster players are injured for finals as long as they turn out for british lions cos it's the pinnacle of ones career. Nice if leinster win every now and then but Lions at all costs. You dont agree with me you are a bigot.

You are exactly the type of so called leinster fan that makes me cringe you muppet.
Is there any reason why you feel the need to go around insulting people? As an aside your response bears no relation to anything that this guy said.

O'Brien would no doubt love to be playing for both Leinster and the Lions, it looks like he won't make the weekend but to be honest, I always feel a lot happier when Jenno's in the back row as he's the only genuine 7 we have at the moment.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Flash Gordon wrote:Is there any reason why you feel the need to go around insulting people?
I'd hazard a guess that it is because he's a total ****.
Last edited by Logorrhea on May 20th, 2013, 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:

You are exactly the type of so called leinster fan that makes me cringe you muppet.
If that's what you got from my post, then so be it, I know a lot more about you than you do about me...
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Sauvignon Blank wrote: He also said he hoped BOD would miss the 2 finals so he could turn out for the lions doncha ya know
Really? Point out where I said that.

So not only are you a bitter, twisted bigot living in a land forgotten, but you're also wrong.
marcosid3
Beginner

Post by marcosid3 »

artaneboy wrote:
Maradona10 wrote:He's a pr!*k. Always has been, always will be. If I had my way, I'd ban him, Liam Williams, Owen Farrell and Chris Ashton indefinitely for being bellends. But I'm not in charge, unfortunately.
Hold on- Farrell maybe be a bit petulant but he is not in the send league as that trio of sh**s. Truculence is one thing, malicious is another!
Heard Farrell on the wireless tonight and he seemed to be a decent sort, talking about how nervous he was to be meeting up with the squad and how in awe of the Ligends he was (obvioulsy getting media schooling from POC).

Seems to be a more decent skin than i would have thought!!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I have always had great respect for Farrell. (when I say always.... he is only on the go for a few years)

Really developed player for his age. All due to hard work and sacrifice. Tough as nails too.

OK he's not Carlos Spencer, but neither are Jonny Wilko or Rog and they've done OK.

Remember the guy was eligible to play U20s last season... He made the step up to Sarries top team very fast.

I'm sure having yer da as the coach helps, but if he was not the player he is, then it would be a hindrance too.

He is way ahead of Paddy Jackson for example. Perhaps Paddy may surpass him in time, but perhaps not.

Never saw any reason for disliking the guy bar him being English (if you are into that sort of thing), having a weird eye thing when he is kicking (like Myler) or just being so bloody good.

Never came across as arrogant or anything. He'll go a long way
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Flash Gordon wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:

Is there any reason why you feel the need to go around insulting people? As an aside your response bears no relation to anything that this guy said.
Yes, the reason is when i'm insulted first I'll return the compliment, every time.
3 Gold Stars
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

johng wrote:I have always had great respect for Farrell. (when I say always.... he is only on the go for a few years)

Really developed player for his age. All due to hard work and sacrifice. Tough as nails too.

OK he's not Carlos Spencer, but neither are Jonny Wilko or Rog and they've done OK.

Remember the guy was eligible to play U20s last season... He made the step up to Sarries top team very fast.

I'm sure having yer da as the coach helps, but if he was not the player he is, then it would be a hindrance too.

He is way ahead of Paddy Jackson for example. Perhaps Paddy may surpass him in time, but perhaps not.

Never saw any reason for disliking the guy bar him being English (if you are into that sort of thing), having a weird eye thing when he is kicking (like Myler) or just being so bloody good.

Never came across as arrogant or anything. He'll go a long way
Yeah, I have to say that I like Farrell too. Big fan of his da as well, always struck me as a real leader of men. The BBC used to show a lot of league when he was breaking into the Wigan team [as a 16 year old or something like that] and as I result I saw a lot of his career in the cherry and white before he crossed over to union. He wasn't the biggest success in union but he was an absolutely outstanding league player.
Maradona10
Bookworm

Post by Maradona10 »

marcosid3 wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
Maradona10 wrote:He's a pr!*k. Always has been, always will be. If I had my way, I'd ban him, Liam Williams, Owen Farrell and Chris Ashton indefinitely for being bellends. But I'm not in charge, unfortunately.
Hold on- Farrell maybe be a bit petulant but he is not in the send league as that trio of sh**s. Truculence is one thing, malicious is another!
Heard Farrell on the wireless tonight and he seemed to be a decent sort, talking about how nervous he was to be meeting up with the squad and how in awe of the Ligends he was (obvioulsy getting media schooling from POC).

Seems to be a more decent skin than i would have thought!!
I just don't like the way he moans at the ref any time anything happens at all. He also seems to be developing a penchant for late hits, which isn't really on.
"Andy Goode? More like Andy Foooooooode" - Phil Kearns