Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Peg Leg »

Logorrhea wrote:Have to say I've never been convinced by Morris.

Decent hands, decent pace but nothing we wouldn't expect from any other winger we have on our books. I've no problem with him coning back, but I don't think hes the kind of player that would walk into the first team.

Maybe if he grows his hair long again. I've always thought players with long hair are better. Darcy's Beard, Madigans Fringe, Clint Newlands head ......... all fine examples of what longer hair can do for a player.
I miss ZK's hair, Gomez might be the fly in the ointment there though.
But if it's a Length of hair : Quality of player ratio, you'd have to say that CJVDL is the example to make your point with.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Think he would make the 23, covers back 3, Luke & Ferg cover centres if they stay wingers, is IQ too
For me key decision in a move would be how much he wants Ireland caps and how much he thinks he can get them, as playing here will help a lot

Hes no Simon Geoghan but he has been performing well at a high standard and think we can all agree he would be better than Fanning and anyone in academy

How are we excluding Shane Byrne from this??? :mullet 2:
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Peg Leg wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:Have to say I've never been convinced by Morris.

Decent hands, decent pace but nothing we wouldn't expect from any other winger we have on our books. I've no problem with him coning back, but I don't think hes the kind of player that would walk into the first team.

Maybe if he grows his hair long again. I've always thought players with long hair are better. Darcy's Beard, Madigans Fringe, Clint Newlands head ......... all fine examples of what longer hair can do for a player.
I miss ZK's hair, Gomez might be the fly in the ointment there though.
But if it's a Length of hair : Quality of player ratio, you'd have to say that CJVDL is the example to make your point with.
.....and Boss was a much better passer when he had a mullet.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

look at the decline of Welsh rugby from the flowing locks of the 70s onwards
Pendragon
Bookworm

Post by Pendragon »

Don't you just hate it when people are really onto something here ! Lots of mysteries solved.
tigerburnie
Enlightened

Post by tigerburnie »

Hands off, you're upsetting our lads on the unoffy.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:look at the decline of Welsh rugby from the flowing locks of the 70s onwards
Mutton chops is what Welsh rugby needs as a tonic.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

tigerburnie wrote:Hands off, you're upsetting our lads on the unoffy.
he was ours in the first place
Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:look at the decline of Welsh rugby from the flowing locks of the 70s onwards
Mutton chops is what Welsh rugby needs as a tonic.
and they havent beaten the South Africans since they had sideburns galore in Zulu
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

Rumour on Leicester Tigers site that they are signing ex Leinster Brad Thorn....
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Flakey 16 wrote:Rumour on Leicester Tigers site that they are signing ex Leinster Brad Thorn....
Even at his advanced age, he should still be a better bet than the last aged ex-Leinster lock they signed.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Owen Finnegan? Still only a year or two older than Brad. Was past his prime an awful lot younger though.
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Owen Finnegan? Still only a year or two older than Brad. Was past his prime an awful lot younger though.
Leicester are going backwards a bit... steve mafi has moved to super rugby.. and a 40 year old lock...hmmmm...
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

Why would Mafi move to the force now with the S15 season just ended and not back until Feb.

Ah. just thought. There is that new Aussie comp starting this weekend.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Alternative Ulster wrote:Owen Finnegan? Still only a year or two older than Brad. Was past his prime an awful lot younger though.
Yep, old man Finnegan. Looked about 50 when he joined us. Played like it too.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

as far as short notice signings go its a good one, Mafi had been on leave in Aus last season as his wife had a baby there, hes now moving to the Force but part of it is he wants to use Olympics loophole to play for Australia from 2016 on, played u20s for them before being capped by Tonga
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I have absolutely no idea if there's any truth to this but given the nature of it I'm willing to park that and fully believe that's its happening. Just saw a rumour on PR that we're after the Honey Badger.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I have absolutely no idea if there's any truth to this but given the nature of it I'm willing to park that and fully believe that's its happening. Just saw a rumour on PR that we're after the Honey Badger.
I would say thats not going to happen
For starters he wants to play super rugby next season so he can play for Australia in RWC if he can so he would miss half the season with us
And he moved to Japan to have more time off (and financial support) to spend with his family as his dad is sick and he has 2 brothers with CF
Moving to NH doesnt jive with spending time with his family and he would get more money in England
Plus IRFU wouldnt be happy with 3 Irish international wingers being knocked down a peg
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

simonokeeffe wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I have absolutely no idea if there's any truth to this but given the nature of it I'm willing to park that and fully believe that's its happening. Just saw a rumour on PR that we're after the Honey Badger.
For starters he wants to play super rugby next season so he can play for Australia in RWC if he can so he would miss half the season with us
And he moved to Japan to have more time off (and financial support) to spend with his family as his dad is sick and he has 2 brothers with CF
Moving to NH doesnt jive with spending time with his family and he would get more money in England
Plus IRFU wouldnt be happy with 3 Irish international wingers being knocked down a peg
As Jasus SOKs, let the rumour gain some legs before you come up with all that negative logic. Its Friday FFS's!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blockhead wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
As Jasus SOKs, let the rumour gain some legs before you come up with all that negative logic. Its Friday FFS's!
I only have a sense of humour when Im in work
As much as I would love it myself, best we not all get super giddy over it
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah I don't think my comment warrants any debate. There should simply be hundreds of comments saying "that would be amazing!!!"...or "I've got my wig already!"...as well as plenty of his best video clips and quotes.

#Simonout