Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by neiliog93 »

Stand-off is a peculiarly Scottish word for out-half.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rugbyrucker123

Post by Rugbyrucker123 »

Just a quick question, with Madigan and Sexton probably at the World Cup, and Gopperth gone, who will play out half at the start of next season? Would Isa play there, an academy player or would we sign someone on a short term deal?
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Rugbyrucker123 wrote:Just a quick question, with Madigan and Sexton probably at the World Cup, and Gopperth gone, who will play out half at the start of next season? Would Isa play there, an academy player or would we sign someone on a short term deal?
I think the general opinion is nobody's really sure about that at the moment. As it stands it will probably be either Isa or Cathal Marsh with Ross Byrne from the Academy as an outside bet.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Marsh and Byrne. Let them play.

Knowing MOC though..
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

goreyguy wrote:Marsh and Byrne. Let them play.

Knowing MOC though..
That's an interesting point GG but would you be willing to write off the results during the international break if in meant giving these players game time? I'm not saying that has to be the case. Lets just say its a hypothetical if you like.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

A back line of McGrath, Byrne, Kearney, Reid, Te'o, McFadden and Kirchner is good enough to win during the RWC.

It would also give some good experience around Byrne to settle him.

I think McFadden's RWC might have been ended today. They were saying it was suspected broken arm on ref link. If it is, he's surely out for a few months and will have limited involvement in the training camp. DK might go but has to fight it out with a few others. Wouldn't be surprised if we were speaking with a scrum half for a short term signing too.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote:

Knowing MOC though..
That's an interesting point GG but would you be willing to write off the results during the international break if in meant giving these players game time? I'm not saying that has to be the case. Lets just say its a hypothetical if you like.
did we get results during the 6 nations?

Always a risk playing young players but it is a necessity if you're going to develop them, if not then when?

MOC's done little enough when it's come to playing young backs in his two seasons in charge.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Knowing MOC though..
Eddie Hekenui?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Richard Kahui is 29 (30 in Summer) and his two-year contract in Japan runs out in June. Zero chance of him making All Blacks RWC squad and just about young enough to be justifiable; equally comfortable at wing/centre...no links to France either. Why did we retain Zane with Kahui very possibly available?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Eoin Sherrif is gone to London Irish. Can't see him getting much game time there though but he does look a good player.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

neiliog93 wrote:Richard Kahui is 29 (30 in Summer) and his two-year contract in Japan runs out in June. Zero chance of him making All Blacks RWC squad and just about young enough to be justifiable; equally comfortable at wing/centre...no links to France either. Why did we retain Zane with Kahui very possibly available?
100% agree on the ABZ(anyone but Zane), but from what I recall Kahui is made of glass
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

leinster4life13 wrote:100% agree on the ABZ(anyone but Zane), but from what I recall Kahui is made of glass
The sugar glass they use for prop glasses and bottles.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Luke Burgess off to Zebre, could he have been a worthwhile signing for us?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Loads of Wallaby caps and a stand-out performer for Toulouse and he's going to Zebre when we have two scrum-halves in their mid-30s?...that was an opportunity. Fourie Du Preez is still in Japan..
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

neiliog93 wrote:Loads of Wallaby caps and a stand-out performer for Toulouse and he's going to Zebre when we have two scrum-halves in their mid-30s?...that was an opportunity. Fourie Du Preez is still in Japan..
I thought the only way that he stood out at Toulouse was his ineptitude. I don't rate him that highly at all, I have to say – can't remember many Australian test scrum halves of the last twenty years who I'd rank behind him.

If we can get business done quickly [a huge if, seeing as our signings have to be ratified by the IRFU] there'll be at least one NZ-capped scrum-half who's not going to RWC15 – probably Andy Ellis or Augustine Pulu. I think the likely NZ scrum-halves for the RWC15 squad are Aaron Smith, TJ Perenara and Tawera Kerr-Barlow. The other two will likely be left out of the training squad and could be a good target for a quick approach: a decent financial offer while they're smarting from not being selected might be enough to turn one of their heads.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I'll take Ellis, please and thank you.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Are we not at our full quota of NIQs for next season already? Douglas, Kirchner and Nacewa...
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

simonokeeffe wrote:Luke Burgess off to Zebre, could he have been a worthwhile signing for us?
He's a terrible player. There's a reason he's off to Zebre and not somewhere else.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Dave Cahill wrote:Are we not at our full quota of NIQs for next season already? Douglas, Kirchner and Nacewa...
& Teo...
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:Are we not at our full quota of NIQs for next season already? Douglas, Kirchner and Nacewa...
For next season Munster have Botha (short term), Stander IQ in October, Smith, Sailli, and Bleydenhal. They were also looking at Creevy before he went home. Are they gonna hang on to Guinazu?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles