Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Dave Cahill »

I think they need a new Press Officer out west.
I have Bumbleflex
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Anyone got a link to the Fogarty interview?

Here is a link to Lam's

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/c ... 83442.html

I would be interested to see who else has approached Connacht about moving. I could see a lot of sub-academy players looking at the likes of Peter Robb and thinking why not me?
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

simonokeeffe wrote:"While he is contracted to Leinster for next season, you can be sure that Nucifora and others are already examining the options available in strengthening the Leinster coaching ticket."

"Under Nucifora’s watch, it is unlikely that you will ever again see a head coach appointed to any of the province’s without having fulfilled that role at either Champions Cup or Super Rugby level. "

the 2 interesting claims from Lenihan there

other interesting bit from the papers today was Lam in Indo saying Kelleher's agent alerted him that he was available
That caught my eye too. We were told by all and sundry only a few months ago that no-one with any experience at higher levels would touch Leinster with a barge pole, indeed I think we were told no-one at all had applied, in large part because of the the level of interference the IRFU have in player access (and a world cup during the season). Now were are being told that actually no Irish team will have any trouble at all attracting top level coaches. So which is it?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

waterboy wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:"While he is contracted to Leinster for next season, you can be sure that Nucifora and others are already examining the options available in strengthening the Leinster coaching ticket."

"Under Nucifora’s watch, it is unlikely that you will ever again see a head coach appointed to any of the province’s without having fulfilled that role at either Champions Cup or Super Rugby level. "

other interesting bit from the papers today was Lam in Indo saying Kelleher's agent alerted him that he was available
That caught my eye too. We were told by all and sundry only a few months ago that no-one with any experience at higher levels would touch Leinster with a barge pole, indeed I think we were told no-one at all had applied, in large part because of the the level of interference the IRFU have in player access (and a world cup during the season). Now were are being told that actually no Irish team will have any trouble at all attracting top level coaches. So which is it?

Where does it say that we won't have any trouble attracting top level coaches?

For example - "I will only leave my wife for Nathalie Portman" doesn't mean I'm leaving my wife for Nathalie Portman.

It's more likely to mean that we'll have to pay a sunderland premium.
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

waterboy wrote:

I think any ambitious Irish coaches would still want to coach Irish sides and it might be a handy (political) springboard for likes of ROG and Jackman that want to be (head) in Ireland coaching set up
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

goreyguy wrote:As you say Kelleher has had character concerns around him since his schools days, but he isn't the first and wont be the last. Leinster simply don't have the talent coming through the system at the present moment to discard him and it's quite clear that regardless of his character they didn't want him leaving. At the end of the day Kelleher thinks he will be better served at Connacht, he is probably right.
Kelleher wasn't even going into the academy due to his behaviour. Some of the coaches sat him down and told him to cop the f%~k on. He contacted Lam. Good riddance.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I love how scathing Hugo is being :lol: If he's saying it then you know it's true.

There's a bit of a disconnect there between what Nucifora wants in terms of coaches, but then going the other way with NIQs. I know the idea is that better coaches will improve players, but to me it sounds like he's putting all his eggs in one basket.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

If Kelleher has attitude issues he has little hope of getting ahead of the likes of Leader, O'Halloran, Healy, Adeolokun, Poolman etc.

Hopefully it is the making of him.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

the spoofer wrote:
goreyguy wrote:As you say Kelleher has had character concerns around him since his schools days, but he isn't the first and wont be the last. Leinster simply don't have the talent coming through the system at the present moment to discard him and it's quite clear that regardless of his character they didn't want him leaving. At the end of the day Kelleher thinks he will be better served at Connacht, he is probably right.
Kelleher wasn't even going into the academy due to his behaviour.
He was already in the academy and apparently had been offered a development deal?
Leinster clearly wanted to keep him and were caught unawares with move to Connacht and aren't happy about it.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

goreyguy wrote:
the spoofer wrote:
Kelleher wasn't even going into the academy due to his behaviour.
He was already in the academy and apparently had been offered a development deal?
Leinster clearly wanted to keep him and were caught unawares with move to Connacht and aren't happy about it.
I'll explain for as Tommy Tiernan said "the lads who are only in school because that's where the bus stopped".

I was told by a coach who is involved in selecting players for the academy that Kelleher was identified as a player with great potential at school level but they were not going to offer him an academy position as he had his head stuck up his arse and his attitude sucked. A couple of coaches sat him down and straightened him out. This obviously only lasted a short while.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

the spoofer wrote: I'll explain for as Tommy Tiernan said "the lads who are only in school because that's where the bus stopped".

I was told by a coach who is involved in selecting players for the academy that Kelleher was identified as a player with great potential at school level but they were not going to offer him an academy position as he had his head stuck up his arse and his attitude sucked. A couple of coaches sat him down and straightened him out. This obviously only lasted a short while.
Ah right yeah before he joined the academy, yeah I had heard similarly that his attitude etc. was not good. He worked hard in the sub academy and earned an academy deal that season.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote:I think they need a new Press Officer out west.
Hmmm, apparently Pat was brandishing a handout and stating 'facts'...

...hes cracking up, hes cracking up, hes cracking, pat lams cracking up

:lol:

They definitely need a new Press Officer!
I have Bumbleflex
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

goreyguy wrote:http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/colu ... 97489.html

Donal Lenihan suggesting Nucifora will be sticking his considerable nose into leinster this summer.
"One imagines Nucifora is already lining up a lifebelt to be cast Leinster’s way." Hmm- if I was Leo, I'd be checking that belt for lead weights... But Girvan may be the man to step aside/ down. Some of this "interference" from Nucifora may be necessary or even welcome- but if we are going to sleep walk into a situation where the provinces are no more than a stable for the national squad- they are going to damage the foundations of the game irrevocably. People will not buy season tickets to a constantly changing franchise. We want to identify with our club- and just because the Aussies or Kiwi's don't care for that factor and are (mostly) successful- does not mean it is right for us. I have committed to next years ST- but if this effort to de-power the provinces continues next season, I'll be looking at that renewal more carefully. I imagine others will too.
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

artaneboy wrote:
goreyguy wrote:http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/colu ... 97489.html

Donal Lenihan suggesting Nucifora will be sticking his considerable nose into leinster this summer.
"One imagines Nucifora is already lining up a lifebelt to be cast Leinster’s way." Hmm- if I was Leo, I'd be checking that belt for lead weights... But Girvan may be the man to step aside/ down. Some of this "interference" from Nucifora may be necessary or even welcome- but if we are going to sleep walk into a situation where the provinces are no more than a stable for the national squad- they are going to damage the foundations of the game irrevocably. People will not buy season tickets to a constantly changing franchise. We want to identify with our club- and just because the Aussies or Kiwi's don't care for that factor and are (mostly) successful- does not mean it is right for us. I have committed to next years ST- but if this effort to de-power the provinces continues next season, I'll be looking at that renewal more carefully. I imagine others will too.
More money to spend on international tickets then - win win for Nucifora
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Pendragon
Bookworm

Post by Pendragon »

Tom Farrell moved to Bedford in the English Championship
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Post by deco »

artaneboy wrote:.... if we are going to sleep walk into a situation where the provinces are no more than a stable for the national squad....
There's nothing new here.
Our role is as a development squad for Ireland, no more, no less.

A side effect is that the Ireland players don't need to fight for their places with Leinster, which may explain their apparent lack of interest on the rare occasions that they actually tog out for us.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

The new provincial reality is depressing, can't choose our own underage players, cant choose our own NIQ players, cant keep our academy players, cant keep our squad players.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Jesus I never knew everyone one on this site was either a serious depressive or just paranoid nuts. We lost an academy player (whom was then helpfully character assassinated by seemingly all and sundry). It's not the end of the F**king world. I think I need to go back to real life for a while as the navel gazing/doom mongering/conspiracy theories is getting me down.

Talk soon fellas 8)
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

sunshiner1 wrote:Jesus I never knew everyone one on this site was either a serious depressive or just paranoid nuts. We lost an academy player (whom was then helpfully character assassinated by seemingly all and sundry). It's not the end of the F**king world. I think I need to go back to real life for a while as the navel gazing/doom mongering/conspiracy theories is getting me down.

Talk soon fellas 8)
You can head back to the Connacht board now!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

literally half of the Edinburgh backs (11s -15s) are leaving, 6 out of 12, only 2 confirmed in, so that seems to be the place to go for gametime
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon