Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by simonokeeffe »

dropkick wrote:Triggs might be the emergency option. There are doubts around many of the players. Has Thornbury played for Leinster yet?

There's doubts around Nagle too. Nagle is talented though and could surprise a few people next season.

James Ryan will likely be kept back for a season. I'd expect Molony to bulk up over the summer and be first choice for most of next season.
Im with you on this, and or MK being 1st 23 at least, tbh I'd be very disappointed if Triggs was picked ahead of Molony or MK next season

Theres a good chance Molony might even be 4th choice lock for Ireland next season; Toner, Dillane, Henderson 1st 3, latter 2 offer far more off the bench than Ryan, Toner has Wolverine blood so wont miss much, Ryan a risky bet to make 2019 RWC (as a viable international). A 5kg heavier Molony has more to offer than Roux, Tuohy, Foley, O'Connor

So we might miss Molony for a few games
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Whilst Molony has had a superb breakthrough season, I think Mick Kearney has been absolutely fantastic, between himself, Toner, Molony, possibly McCarthy and whatever Nagle and Triggs can bring to the party, and with Ryan coming through the ranks, that's a pretty solid second row roster.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Molony has much better hands than Kearney. Triggs only has 2 advantages. 2" in hight and experience.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Is that it then for the signings? Do we really have to go into next season with the slowest back 3 rugby union has ever seen?
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

Possibly some low key additions to the squad, but yep, I'd say that's more or less it. Hopefully next season will be Adam Byrnes breakthrough season.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

COYBIB wrote:Possibly some low key additions to the squad, but yep, I'd say that's more or less it. Hopefully next season will be Adam Byrnes breakthrough season.
+1!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

riocard911 wrote:
COYBIB wrote:Possibly some low key additions to the squad, but yep, I'd say that's more or less it. Hopefully next season will be Adam Byrnes breakthrough season.
+1!
Bigtime

if anything happens to him Cronin is going to have to move to the wing fulltime
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I see Mike Mac was togged out doing press duty at a Pro12 photoshoot in Edinburgh. Hopefully a positive sign.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport ... 19988.html
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:I see Mike Mac was togged out doing press duty at a Pro12 photoshoot in Edinburgh. Hopefully a positive sign.

I cynically think thats because he was available/not doing anything else so its a contracted Irish international who cant train

Rob Herring being sent by Ulster as well
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

simonokeeffe wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I see Mike Mac was togged out doing press duty at a Pro12 photoshoot in Edinburgh. Hopefully a positive sign.

I cynically think thats because he was available/not doing anything else so its a contracted Irish international who cant train

Ah i don't mean he's going to play at the weekend, but that he's still togging out might be a positive sign that he won't retire!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Ah i don't mean he's going to play at the weekend, but that he's still togging out might be a positive sign that he won't retire!
didnt think you meant that, my guess its still dependent on tests/scans to come later
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Any truth to the whisper I heard last night that JM is off to Wasps?
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Any truth to the whisper I heard last night that JM is off to Wasps?
Doubt it. He was listed in the contract renewals earlier in the season.

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/14649.php#.V0ClLvkrJD8
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Kinger83 wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:Any truth to the whisper I heard last night that JM is off to Wasps?

Jordi Murphy? Havent seen any news of his contract status.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Contracted to 2017 I think..
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Logorrhea wrote:
Kinger83 wrote:

Jordi Murphy? Havent seen any news of his contract status.
Ah, thought Oldschoolsocks was talking about Jack McGrath. :lol:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Sry, yup Jordi. Was having a couple of scoops after the game and was told pretty confidently that Jordi's off to Wasps. My first reaction was "no way"!!, regardless of what level I think he's at, he's clearly been marked as vital to the Irish cause. Y Joe
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:Sry, yup Jordi. Was having a couple of scoops after the game and was told pretty confidently that Jordi's off to Wasps. My first reaction was "no way"!!, regardless of what level I think he's at, he's clearly been marked as vital to the Irish cause. Y Joe
his transfer fee would be less than Steffon Armitage's
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Given we can't rely on O'Brien at all, we would be pretty light on back rows if true.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

CiaranIrl wrote:Given we can't rely on O'Brien at all, we would be pretty light on back rows if true.

If he reads here he might be tempted to leave though!

Watching the game again, Reddan said "delighted for you" to him at the end of the game, presumably because of the flak he's copped for his performances.