Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

sunshiner1
Mullet

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by sunshiner1 »

by erskinechilders

They're saying that they may not renew Saili's contract so that Taute will effectively take his place as an NIQ next year!
Saili always stated that his trip up to the Northern Hemisphere was for two season as he wants to go back and compete again for the NZ 13 shirt in time for the next world cup. They're hardly dropping him :roll:
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

TerenureJim wrote:
rooster wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Well they're actually just saying that Taute will be remaining for the rest of the season along with Saili, which means that Munster will have an extra NIQ. Next year they'll have Bundee Aki I reckon and neither will be needed
They supposedly have Farrell as well
Where's the Farrell rumour coming from?
That was reported as a done deal in Midi Olympique in October.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Dave Cahill wrote:Well they're actually just saying that Taute will be remaining for the rest of the season along with Saili, which means that Munster will have an extra NIQ. Next year they'll have Bundee Aki I reckon and neither will be needed
Surely not both Taute and Bundee Aki. Luifiora won't wear that level of centre warehousing. It's one of the other. Either way a great deal for them.

If Aki goes- and the next few weeks (starting Saturday) will tell that, it'll likely be England or France as his destination; project player promised or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Someone made the point in one of the papers today, I can't remember which one, that Nucifora needs Munster to be successful as he was the guy who hired Erasmus
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

artaneboy wrote:
If Aki goes- and the next few weeks (starting Saturday) will tell that, it'll likely be England or France as his destination; project player promised or not.
I just don't see that. France and England don't pay big money to cannon fodder Islanders, they pay big money to internationals. No caps, no cash. Until he is capped the only place where he is worth anything is Ireland.
I have Bumbleflex
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Dave Cahill wrote:
artaneboy wrote:
I just don't see that. France and England don't pay big money to cannon fodder Islanders, they pay big money to internationals. No caps, no cash. Until he is capped the only place where he is worth anything is Ireland.
or Bristol (assuming he's still friendly with Lam)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

domhnallj wrote:
or Bristol (assuming he's still friendly with Lam)
No, not Bristol either. Ultimately, no matter how pally he may be with the coach, without a Tier One cap he's just another Islander, they're 10 a penny in the AP and Top 14.
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Dave Cahill wrote:Someone made the point in one of the papers today, I can't remember which one, that Nucifora needs Munster to be successful as he was the guy who hired Erasmus
Do any financial rules whatsoever apply to Munster or are they the Greece of European rugby? How on earth are they financing these signings?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Someone made the point in one of the papers today, I can't remember which one, that Nucifora needs Munster to be successful as he was the guy who hired Erasmus
Do any financial rules whatsoever apply to Munster or are they the Greece of European rugby? How on earth are they financing these signings?
Darcy said it

Squeeky wheel getting all the grease/foreign midfielders

In disconcerting rumour news Ian Hunter of the BBC & ex Saint is tweeting theres lot of noise of Lancaster going there (also reports Cockers is going too)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Yeah saw that re Lancaster. Northampton job will tempt him if they go after him unless we have a deal done with him but I am sure he would have a release clause in any agreement we have. I wouldn't say Leicester would be for him or him for Leicester who they appoint will be interesting as it looks as you say above that Cockreil is odds on to leave especially if they loose at home to Munster this weekend.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Armchair wrote:Yeah saw that re Lancaster. Northampton job will tempt him if they go after him unless we have a deal done with him but I am sure he would have a release clause in any agreement we have. I wouldn't say Leicester would be for him or him for Leicester who they appoint will be interesting as it looks as you say above that Cockreil is odds on to leave especially if they loose at home to Munster this weekend.
Midlands a lot closer to Yorkshire than Bristol

I doubt he has an immediate release clause for this season as its a one season deal, or for jobs in England if he signed/signs an extension here; bound to know theres one or two jobs a year going in top 15 English clubs
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Armchair wrote:Yeah saw that re Lancaster. Northampton job will tempt him if they go after him unless we have a deal done with him but I am sure he would have a release clause in any agreement we have. I wouldn't say Leicester would be for him or him for Leicester who they appoint will be interesting as it looks as you say above that Cockreil is odds on to leave especially if they loose at home to Munster this weekend.
Midlands a lot closer to Yorkshire than Bristol

I doubt he has an immediate release clause for this season as its a one season deal, or for jobs in England if he signed/signs an extension here; bound to know theres one or two jobs a year going in top 15 English clubs
Yeah release deal would only be if he stays on after this season. Have heard positive vibes only last week from "people within" saying he was staying with us for next season. Leinster apparently doing all they can to get him to stay on
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Lancaster would be better off staying where he is for another season at least. Leinster are on the rise again, top of the pro12 and looking good in Europe and he is building up some credit in the bank in terms of rebuilding his reputation. If he moved to Northampton or Leicester and they got off to a bad start, the credit won't last long.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

dropkick wrote:Lancaster would be better off staying where he is for another season at least. Leinster are on the rise again, top of the pro12 and looking good in Europe and he is building up some credit in the bank in terms of rebuilding his reputation. If he moved to Northampton or Leicester and they got off to a bad start, the credit won't last long.
Credit in the bank versus money in the bank? The oul conundrum....
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

Lancaster may be waiting for the Sale job to come up. Manchester would be a very comfortable commute from Leeds and expectations there wouldn't be as high as Northhampton or Bristol and their fans would take to a Northern much more than the midlanders or West Country crowd.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

rdsblue wrote:Lancaster may be waiting for the Sale job to come up. Manchester would be a very comfortable commute from Leeds and expectations there wouldn't be as high as Northhampton or Bristol and their fans would take to a Northern much more than the midlanders or West Country crowd.
Another rumour headline - "Lancaster up for Sale"
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rdsblue wrote:Lancaster may be waiting for the Sale job to come up. Manchester would be a very comfortable commute from Leeds and expectations there wouldn't be as high as Northhampton or Bristol and their fans would take to a Northern much more than the midlanders or West Country crowd.
no offence but Lancaster leaving us to coach Sale would like Joe leaving us to coach Tonga
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Maybe- but now that he's made a good fist if it so far- and TBH with the horrendous tragedy of Foley's death giving some badly needed perspective and removing any focus for the standard resentments on the appointment, I can't see Nucifora needing or wanting to give them two NIQ centres. I'd say one or t'udder!

"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

artaneboy wrote:
Maybe- but now that he's made a good fist if it so far- and TBH with the horrendous tragedy of Foley's death giving some badly needed perspective and removing any focus for the standard resentments on the appointment, I can't see Nucifora needing or wanting to give them two NIQ centres. I'd say one or t'udder!

Also Sam Arnold moved from Ulster to get more game time with Munster as directed by Lucifer, altough still injured keeping NIQs will block his progress as well but as mentioned above rules may go out the window as he is a Lucifer appointment. Ulster will most definetley go nuts!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Saw someone mention on Twitter that Nick Bishop, an analyst who has worked with Graham Henry and worked with Lancaster during his time as England boss has been with us for the last three months as a consultant.