Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by mildlyinterested »

Ah well, next man up.

Thanks for the memories Jack, I hope whatever incentive the IRFU gave you to move will be worth it.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Leinster's statement on his departure will take a bit of parsing!
bronxbull
Knowledgeable

Post by bronxbull »

I know we got Sean Cronin and Rob Henshaw from Connacht but this really seems like one way traffic AWAY from Leinster recently.
I understand that we have been producing players at an astonishing rate and that only so many players can play for Leinster, usually around the 50- 55 mark in any given season.

The reason we have been so successful is that we have had such healthy competition for places.
None of these players decided off their own bat to leave because they weren't getting game time.
The IRFU have made these decisions and even though it is understandable to 'spread the wealth' for the sake of the national team it doesn't mean we have to like it as Leinster Season ticket holders.
Seanie is nearing the end and looking for a last payday..he owes us nothing and would struggle to make our team next year.
Jordi, Joey and Jack would all be in the running for a completing another double with Leinster if they hadn't left or announced that they were leaving.

We are not losing academy guys here...

Well we are probably losing a few of them as well....
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Nucifora has no idea of provincial loyalty.He's an Aussie who looks on teams as franchises. He could kill the golden goose.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

the spoofer wrote:Nucifora has no idea of provincial loyalty.He's an Aussie who looks on teams as franchises. He could kill the golden goose.
He has an interest in weakening leinster. simple fact.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

For years we worried about the big money clubs in England and France taking our best players away from Ireland, who'd have predicted it would be the other provinces as the main culprits!?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Keith wrote:For years we worried about the big money clubs in England and France taking our best players away from Ireland, who'd have predicted it would be the other provinces as the main culprits!?
well when the other provinces can't remain competitive without help from leinster..
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Sign for Ulster or you're not going to the World Cup Jack.
Explains Kilcoyne getting a runout in the 6N.

Remember that funny video at the end of last season? Can anyone stop Leinster?
Turns out the IRFU are doing their very best to acheive that very thing.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

blockhead wrote: Explains Kilcoyne getting a runout in the 6N.
Nah I'd say Jack's awful form would explain that better.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

What effect will this have on Eric O sullivan...was quietly impressed with him on Saturday..Jack may not have it easy there
allezlesverres
Bookworm

Post by allezlesverres »

As an ulster fan obviously I'm delighted with this signing. When I saw Jack sitting on his own at the game on Saturday I was pretty sure the rumours were true and his signing was going to be announced this week (Ulster always announce big new signings after a disappointing result). I'm sure there is more to this move than we are presently seeing. From one of Leo's interviews (back when this move was first rumoured) it sounded like there was some disharmony in the team involving Jack although Leo was very discreet and just said something to the effect that "we don't talk about those things in public". If that's the case it could explain his dip in form and his desire to move. He's got plenty of mates in the Ulster squad I'd imagine, so maybe it's a partly personal, partly professional move.

I totally understand the Leinster fanbase annoyance at this move. We were livid when Isaac Boss moved to Leinster and with the greatest of respect to Boss, he's no McGrath.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Confirmation that Jack McGrath moves to Ulster next season.

First and foremost, thank you and best wishes to Jack for all he has done for Leinster over the last number of years. He he has been a great player for us and we will miss him greatly.
I hope things work out for him in Ulster, as I am sure they will as he has plenty of years of top quality rugby to enjoy.

I am extremely dissappointed with a Leinster hat on.
Of course I respect the right of any player to move on or choose another Club.

But I cannot say I like this movement of players whilst under contract. I understand in this case, it is a Central Contract with IRFU, but how is any province supposed to manage player development/succession when players appear to be allowed to break the contract when it suits them.

A less than satisfactory effect of cross Province movement .
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Dave Cahill wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:
by Dave Cahill » April 2nd, 2019, 10:18 am

You'd really have to question what Cullen and Lancaster are doing that has made Leinster such a poor work environment that three top international players decided entirely of their own volition to leave the club in the space of a year. In every other sport successful clubs have to beat players wanting to join them off with sticks. But at Leinster, the most successful club in Europe, the current European and Pro14 champions, players seemingly can't wait to make the decision wholly themselves to leave.
Jeez Dave there is a lot to unpack there :lol:
Its like the French reading comprehension in the Leaving Cert - pick out the key words :wink: :lol:

All a bit cryptic for me Dave !
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

allezlesverres wrote:As an ulster fan obviously I'm delighted with this signing. When I saw Jack sitting on his own at the game on Saturday I was pretty sure the rumours were true and his signing was going to be announced this week (Ulster always announce big new signings after a disappointing result). I'm sure there is more to this move than we are presently seeing. From one of Leo's interviews (back when this move was first rumoured) it sounded like there was some disharmony in the team involving Jack although Leo was very discreet and just said something to the effect that "we don't talk about those things in public". If that's the case it could explain his dip in form and his desire to move. He's got plenty of mates in the Ulster squad I'd imagine, so maybe it's a partly personal, partly professional move.

I totally understand the Leinster fanbase annoyance at this move. We were livid when Isaac Boss moved to Leinster and with the greatest of respect to Boss, he's no McGrath.

There is one huge difference between Boss and McGrath.
Boss didn't break a contract to come and play for Leinster, he saw Ruan Pinnear had been signed and as was his right he didnt sign a new contract with Ulster, instead he moved to Leinster
Jack McGrath has a further year left on his contract, but between him and IRFU they have shown that contracts are worthless.

How can clubs plan for future properly if players are breaking contracts and walking whenever they choose.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

allezlesverres wrote:As an ulster fan obviously I'm delighted with this signing. When I saw Jack sitting on his own at the game on Saturday...
He wasn't sitting on his own. He was, probably deliberately, one row back from where the camera was always going to go to Jonny Sexton and two rows back from other squad members. My guess is he didn't want to feature in those shots if he could so he gave the Director/cameras less to dwell on by siting in a row further back.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

backrower8 wrote:
allezlesverres wrote:As an ulster fan obviously I'm delighted with this signing. When I saw Jack sitting on his own at the game on Saturday...
He wasn't sitting on his own. He was, probably deliberately, one row back from where the camera was always going to go to Jonny Sexton and two rows back from other squad members. My guess is he didn't want to feature in those shots if he could so he gave the Director/cameras less to dwell on by siting in a row further back.
It was clear to me he was sitting on his own so the other Leinster players could hear him quietly cheering for his Ulster mates. Thats the only reason he would sit on his own.

Cant really argue with Jack wanting to go. He's given us enough. The manner and frequency with which contracts are being adjusted is worrying though. I'm sure the rest of the provinces dont have a problem with it as they will continue to benefit, but it is a little worrying.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Dave Cahill wrote:You'd really have to question what Cullen and Lancaster are doing that has made Leinster such a poor work environment that three top international players decided entirely of their own volition to leave the club in the space of a year. In every other sport successful clubs have to beat players wanting to join them off with sticks. But at Leinster, the most successful club in Europe, the current European and Pro14 champions, players seemingly can't wait to make the decision wholly themselves to leave.
Sean O'Brien, Jack McGrath, Jordi Murphy and Joey Carbery. Who don't you rate?

The supporting cast is strong enough too in Nick McCarthy, Noel Reid, Ian Nagle and Tom Daly.

The scary thing is that it somehow could be a lot worse. We arent even out of the woods yet, there are still renewals not confirmed.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

ronk wrote:
Sean O'Brien, Jack McGrath, Jordi Murphy and Joey Carbery. Who don't you rate?
If I told you who I forgot was leaving I'd have to spend the night in the shed :oops:
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's bad enough sitting beside a normal sized human in the Aviva, not surprised they stayed away from a prop. Although it was freezing so...
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

mildlyinterested wrote:
cormac wrote:Best of luck to him.

It's fairly frustrating to see the kind of squad depth we had last season gently being eroded.
IRFU can't have Leinster dominant.

Must weaken leinster to the benefit of their Munster rivals.
Fixed
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.