Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Dave Cahill »

wixfjord wrote:An awful lot of excuse making going on here lads. If he did do what we've all heard he did, then he deserves a kick in the hole. Scummy behaviour, particularly from an Irish international.
Yep, let a lot of people, and himself, down
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Those who want to locate themselves among celebrating sports players, at season's end, should recognise that there is a increased risk of unfortunate incidents in such circumstances. This has all of the potential to become a "Bailey Risk" as time progresses and Social Media conducts its customary, careful , 'judicial review' of what really happened, how and why. As for the outcome, I hope apologies were exchanged and they all enjoy a good bank holiday break.
Are you for real? Nobody going to a pub should be factoring in the chance of being pissed on because a group is celebrating a trophy win FFS.

If this is proven to be true (and I'm not sure it will be) then he should be sacked.

There's another story in the Indo now about an academy player being knocked unconscious by someone who was back for the 09 reunion. It seems to have been confirmed by Leinster that it happened.
Fred Funk
Mullet

Post by Fred Funk »

who and who?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Fred Funk wrote:who and who?
No and No. It's all still alleged.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Theres a investigation going on because of a hacks word document screenshot?

Current year indeed
Anyone But New Zealand
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:
Except that a Leinster spokesman confirmed it to the Sindo. And I've had it confirmed elsewhere. I only know the puncher but won't repeat it.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
ronk wrote:
Except that a Leinster spokesman confirmed it to the Sindo. And I've had it confirmed elsewhere. I only know the puncher but won't repeat it.
Confirmed that they are investigating allegations.

If the Indo won't print the names then they shouldn't be mentioned here.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

This is something to leave alone please and I wish the media would too and it doesn't just apply to this specific incident or sport.

A: We don't know what happened.
B: We don't know the circumstances.
C: Don't trust anything written on social media (or in large sections of the media for that matter !!) which seems to be the main source of this. No idea of accuracy, perspective or agendas.
D: It's being looked at by the powers that be and I'm sure words & sanctions will be had if appropriate and I'm sure colleagues and the player himself will sort it out.
E: One guy having a bit too much to drink and doing something stupid really isn't our business. One incident is one incident, sh!t happens. None of us are angels. If something is illegal or really serious it will be dealt with by the police etc and so it should be.
F: Modern sports people give us so much pleasure and open themselves up to endless scrutiny and discussion about their sporting ability that they deserve a little bit of a break and respect from us in their normal life. Stick a spot light on anyone's life and you will find all sorts of cr@p. Why we feel we have the right to hold their life to standards few of us meet is beyond me.

Yes in an ideal world all players would behave like angels, set the perfect example and be perfect humans. But they are human and have demands placed on them that few of us understand or experience.

But they are just people and this endless right that people think they have to discuss players personal lives be it their beliefs, off field behaviour or what they said or did is something we should all leave alone.

That is just my opinion - some of you or all of you may disagree !!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

ronk wrote:
Confirmed that they are investigating allegations.
No ronk, the Leinster spokesman confirmed that the academy player "is recovering well and following return to train protocols".

I'm telling you it happened. As I said, I've had it confirmed from elsewhere.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Blueberry wrote:This is something to leave alone please and I wish the media would too and it doesn't just apply to this specific incident or sport.

C: Don't trust anything written on social media (or in large sections of the media for that matter !!) which seems to be the main source of this. No idea of accuracy, perspective or agendas.
D: It's being looked at by the powers that be and I'm sure words & sanctions will be had if appropriate and I'm sure colleagues and the player himself will sort it out.
E: One guy having a bit too much to drink and doing something stupid really isn't our business. One incident is one incident, sh!t happens. None of us are angels. If something is illegal or really serious it will be dealt with by the police etc and so it should be.
F: Modern sports people give us so much pleasure and open themselves up to endless scrutiny and discussion about their sporting ability that they deserve a little bit of a break and respect from us in their normal life. Stick a spot light on anyone's life and you will find all sorts of cr@p. Why we feel we have the right to hold their life to standards few of us meet is beyond me.

Yes in an ideal world all players would behave like angels, set the perfect example and be perfect humans. But they are human and have demands placed on them that few of us understand or experience.

But they are just people and this endless right that people think they have to discuss players personal lives be it their beliefs, off field behaviour or what they said or did is something we should all leave alone.

I don't agree for two reasons.

1) It's an absolutely disgusting thing to do.
2) It's far from his first rodeo so he deserves everything that comes his way.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Blueberry wrote:This is something to leave alone please and I wish the media would too and it doesn't just apply to this specific incident or sport.

So if an Ireland rugby player urinated on a close family member you would be ok with that?

Where do you draw the line? How about a jockey? Or a hockey player? Or a soccer player? Do they have to be international standard? How about a 43 year club vet?

As for the bit in bold. I have never pissed on someone in a pub so I don't meet your standard I exceed it. If your personal standards are it is ok to urinate on someone in a pub you really need to take a look at yourself.

I really hope you are not located in the North Stand as I really don't want someone pissing down my back.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

I sometimes wonder if anyone ever actually reads a post or they just choose to be outraged and misread things on purpose !!

Of course I have never pissed on anyone and of course I don't think it's acceptable but have seen many people over the years do stupid things when they are drunk and just wander around Dublin any night of the week and you will see all sorts of stupid and moronic behaviour.

I personally don't know many people who at one point in their life haven't done something stupid under the influence.

The point I'm making is we don't know what happened, it's being investigated so let the powers that be deal with it and I don't believe we have the right to scrutinse every aspect of a players life. They are humans not robots.

If you feel you have the right to hang draw and quarter someone on a social media rumour or INDO article, fine but I don't.

If you feel you have the right to look into every corner of a person's private life, beliefs, behaviours and criticise then fine but I don't.

If a player does something really stupid or worse illegal they face the same sanctions we all do in life be it police action etc and the reality is they face a bigger problem in that as their employers (IRFU/Leinster etc) are in essence in the public eye so they arguably face a higher risk in that their career can be impacted hugely by poor old field behaviour.

And no I'm in the South Stand so your back is safe !! :)
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I think Ian d's signature is hilarious under the current circumstances. :D
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

The idea that we don't have any idea what happened is absurd in and of itself. It was a busy place with a massive number of Leinster squad etc there. I won't say who punched or who was punched, but I too have heard it from a couple of people who were there. He was out cold for 5 minutes and there was a serious panic about it. Over nothing apparently, the academy player just asked him his name and he went mental at the offense.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

IanD wrote:

So if an Ireland rugby player urinated on a close family member you would be ok with that?

Where do you draw the line? How about a jockey? Or a hockey player? Or a soccer player? Do they have to be international standard? How about a 43 year club vet?

As for the bit in bold. I have never pissed on someone in a pub so I don't meet your standard I exceed it. If your personal standards are it is ok to urinate on someone in a pub you really need to take a look at yourself.

I really hope you are not located in the North Stand as I really don't want someone pissing down my back.
So you've never pissed on someone in a pub, that's very economical :wink:
Seriously though very few people have, so let's just say it's unusual.
Personally I'd prefer if the two people in question resolved this without a big ado. The onus being on the perpetrator to be proactive and apologetic.
Personally also if someone did it to me, to say I wouldn't be best pleased would be putting it mildly.
I vaguely remember clocking a guy for pouring a pint over me and I wouldn't say I was the first or will be the last.
Very satisfying it was too, iirc.
His name was Donald funnily enough, I kid you not.
Wouldn't fancy my chances against a pro sportsman either if I'm being honest.
It's always important to be careful with whom you pick your battles and when.
Hopefully that rarest of commodities, common sense, will prevail and the matter will be settled amicably.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:An awful lot of excuse making going on here lads. If he did do what we've all heard he did, then he deserves a kick in the hole. Scummy behaviour, particularly from an Irish international.
Don't think there is anyone excusing anything.
Agree totally with the rest of your post.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Common sense would be like lovely but don't hold your breath !! If something like this happened to me the last thing I would be doing is spraying it (excuse the cr@p pun) all over social media..... absolutely if this did happen then the perpetrator needs to be forthcoming with apologies and man up and I am sure he will. That should be the end of it then and a wrap on the knuckles and or appropriate sanction as they see fit from the governing bodies.

The other alleged incident sounds a lot more serious if it did happen as suggested on here. That is assault and needs to be dealt with accordingly.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

[quote="CiaranIrl"]The idea that we don't have any idea what happened is absurd in and of itself. It was a busy place with a massive number of Leinster squad etc there. I won't say who punched or who was punched, but I too have heard it from a couple of people who were there. He was out cold for 5 minutes and there was a serious panic about it. Over nothing apparently, the academy player just asked him his name and he went mental at the offense.[/quote

I don't care who the perpetrator is, but he should be charged wirh serious assault - and sent for anger management training. This is the 21st century ffs, I don't expect carry on à la gladiator school in Ancient Rome at Leinster Rugby. For a grown man in his 30s or early 40s to treat a kid just out of school like that is absolutely despicable That person deserves to be named and shamed!!!!!
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

riocard911 wrote:That person deserves to be named and shamed!!!!!
Yesssss! As you say, its the 21st century. The mob should deal with them both and the mob love a good public shaming.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
CiaranIrl wrote:The idea that we don't have any idea what happened is absurd in and of itself. It was a busy place with a massive number of Leinster squad etc there. I won't say who punched or who was punched, but I too have heard it from a couple of people who were there. He was out cold for 5 minutes and there was a serious panic about it. Over nothing apparently, the academy player just asked him his name and he went mental at the offense.[/quote

I don't care who the perpetrator is, but he should be charged wirh serious assault - and sent for anger management training. This is the 21st century ffs, I don't expect carry on à la gladiator school in Ancient Rome at Leinster Rugby. For a grown man in his 30s or early 40s to treat a kid just out of school like that is absolutely despicable That person deserves to be named and shamed!!!!!
If he's resident in Ireland he may well be charged if there is a case to be answered.
If he resides elsewhere then naming and shaming (which I'm against because it ignores the presumption of innocence) may be all that might happen.
The problem with both options is that the young fellow may be thinking of the impact on his career prospects.
Depending on what the facts are you'd hope that the management do whatever they can to take the correct action, ie moral not expedient/pragmatic.