Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by goreyguy »

No it would be a disaster if Douglas did. Teo hasnt even proven himself to be a good union player yet.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

goreyguy wrote:No it would be a disaster if Douglas did. Teo hasn't even been given a chance to prove himself to be a good union player yet.
Fixed
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

johng wrote:
goreyguy wrote:No it would be a disaster if Douglas did. Teo hasn't even been given a chance to prove himself to be a good union player yet.
Fixed
true.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

neiliog93 wrote:
AdamK wrote:So this is one of those a friend of a friend told me rumours, but apparently Ben T'eo isn't happy here; doesn't like Dublin, doesn't like Union, misses home.

I take it with a pinch of salt as he's barely here or played feck all union.
Fcuk that if it's true. Hopefully it's just adapting pains/injury blues. Absolute disaster if he ends up being another CJ/Sykes.
In fairness I'd be shocked if he was happy. If the above is true then it doesn't necessarily equate to him wanting to leave or his unhappiness transferring to his performances though. It could do, but just don't want this to turn into a fact that he wants out.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

goreyguy wrote:No it would be a disaster if Douglas did. Teo hasnt even proven himself to be a good union player yet.
Difficult to do that in 19 minutes! He's got all the assets. We need a bit of oomph in the backline, I think he'll really improve things with the other lads coming back.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

more rumours out there about SOB's future and if he will ever be able to play again..

i'm more hopeful but there are those rumours out there.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

goreyguy wrote:more rumours out there about SOB's future and if he will ever be able to play again..

Lets not speculate.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

blockhead wrote:
goreyguy wrote:more rumours out there about SOB's future and if he will ever be able to play again..

Lets not speculate.
this thread is pure speculation.
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

Why would anyone bother creating rumours like this, shocking from so called fans.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

God but you are easily shocked. I must admit to having reported such rumours myself in the past.

They were true in one case, and genuine worries in both. It has to be a concern as it has been for several players in the past. Some of whom, Paul O'Connell, have come through the other side. Others have not.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Not_Today wrote:

Why would anyone bother creating rumours like this, shocking from so called fans.
im not creating rumours, they are out there already.
SOB isnt the first player to have rumours about him potentially retiring due to injury and he wont be the last.
Some make it back(Fitz,Kearney,BOD) others dont(O'Malley,Ferris,Dave Doyle)

and the final piece of your sentence :lol:
Not_Today
Bookworm

Post by Not_Today »

goreyguy wrote:
Not_Today wrote:

im not creating rumours, they are out there already.
SOB isnt the first player to have rumours about him potentially retiring due to injury and he wont be the last.
Some make it back(Fitz,Kearney,BOD) others dont(O'Malley,Ferris,Dave Doyle)

and the final piece of your sentence :lol:

I never laid claim you were the originator of the rumour but I think it's crazy for a fan to start a rumour that Player X will not return to rugby on no basis whatsoever other than player x is injured at the moment.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I doubt anyone 'starts' the vast majority of these rumours per se, they tend to develop through a process of chinese whispers from a pretty innocuous start to something approaching the apocalypse.
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:I doubt anyone 'starts' the vast majority of these rumours per se, they tend to develop through a process of chinese whispers from a pretty innocuous start to something approaching the apocalypse.
"The end is nigh" eh?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Twas a sad day when we found out Ferris would never play for Leinster again
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Not_Today wrote: I never laid claim you were the originator of the rumour but I think it's crazy for a fan to start a rumour that Player X will not return to rugby on no basis whatsoever other than player x is injured at the moment.
How do you know a fan started the rumour?

Also, the rumour has been based on the fact that the particular shoulder surgery he's had it is very unlikely he'll be able to do contact work with it afterwards, it's not that he's just injured.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

AdamK wrote:
Not_Today wrote: I never laid claim you were the originator of the rumour but I think it's crazy for a fan to start a rumour that Player X will not return to rugby on no basis whatsoever other than player x is injured at the moment.
How do you know a fan started the rumour?

Also, the rumour has been based on the fact that the particular shoulder surgery he's had it is very unlikely he'll be able to do contact work with it afterwards, it's not that he's just injured.
I played with a guy who tore the sh!t out of his shoulder, couldnt do contact and had to work around it in the gym, but tape it up, wrap and pad it and you can play, long term its a bad idea, but who cares about long term, he played for three years before the pain outweighed the gain. SOB will presumably do the same.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

the stuff about SOB is b*%&!x unless someone on here is his doctor, surgeon or physio. 4 weeks ago someone told me Rob K would never play again, so frankly i'll just trust that Seanie will have had the very best treatment thats available and will be back, rampaging for Leinster soon enough.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

mikey wrote:the stuff about SOB is b*%&!x unless someone on here is his doctor, surgeon or physio. 4 weeks ago someone told me Rob K would never play again, so frankly i'll just trust that Seanie will have had the very best treatment thats available and will be back, rampaging for Leinster soon enough.
As my sister who is a physio is reported to have said, and I may be paraphrasing "If it's not an obvious break I dunno, we don't do bones".
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Shure Gordan D'Arcy never played another game after breaking his arm v Italy in Feb 08. He had 3 attempts at a comeback, but it was obvious that he was never going to get that arm right and would have to retire.

Shame that he had to miss all 3 of Leinster's HC wins and Ireland's Grand slam in 09 and championship win in 13.

Great player n'all but....... Oh wait......