Post by ronk »

Closer to home. Doubt it though.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Oldschool »

Steve Diamond gone.
Does 1 and 1 always equal 2?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

He could double job as manager of Man utd
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Current concussion topic is soon going to be a lot more than a rumour. All unions Rugby Unions are going to have to deal with both the historical and current issues.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Rumours that Sale are guilty of Salary Cap breaches
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
erskinechilders
Knowledgeable

Post by erskinechilders »

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 21376.html

Leinster given the green light to sign NIQ tight head from Crusaders. Seems odd given that both Salanoa & Aungier left. Also surely they would be targetting Oli Jager instead?

Article also says Fardy, Dev & Bent likely to leave.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

erskinechilders wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 8:57 am https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 21376.html

Leinster given the green light to sign NIQ tight head from Crusaders. Seems odd given that both Salanoa & Aungier left. Also surely they would be targetting Oli Jager instead?

Jaeger has to want to leave though. Has always given the impression in interviews that he wants to stay and succeed in NZ rather than return to NH the moment a decent contract was offered.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Morf wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:53 am
erskinechilders wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 8:57 am https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 21376.html

Jaeger has to want to leave though. Has always given the impression in interviews that he wants to stay and succeed in NZ rather than return to NH the moment a decent contract was offered.
He’ll say that until the day he signs a contract coming back. I think he’s gonna stay anyway. Would only change if there was a wide open opportunity.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

I dunno why anyone would want to move from NZ to ireland in the near future.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

mildlyinterested wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:43 am I dunno why anyone would want to move from NZ to ireland in the near future.
If the door to the international team was open (it isn’t) or to be closer to family.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

ronk wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:48 am
mildlyinterested wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:43 am I dunno why anyone would want to move from NZ to ireland in the near future.
If the door to the international team was open (it isn’t) or to be closer to family.
I'd say Jagers chances of player for either Ireland or the All Blacks are about the same at this stage
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

There's an old saying when everyone else is getting out, that's the time to get in.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:52 am
ronk wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:48 am
I'd say Jagers chances of player for either Ireland or the All Blacks are about the same at this stage
So he's really not that good then?
Anyway Leinster need a NIQ TH, given that Bent is leaving, two of our development TH props were robbed (sorry transferred) and, I almost forgot, that we supply both Ireland's first choice TH and first choice bench TH.
Before someone else mentions it, how are we fixed at LH given Healy's age profile, were any of our development LHs transferred rhetorical?
There's scope here for a new word in the English dictionary to describe the prop heists that Leinster have been suffering.
Propoozed - maybe?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

ronk wrote: February 24th, 2021, 11:34 am
Morf wrote: February 24th, 2021, 5:53 amJaeger has to want to leave though. Has always given the impression in interviews that he wants to stay and succeed in NZ rather than return to NH the moment a decent contract was offered.
He’ll say that until the day he signs a contract coming back. I think he’s gonna stay anyway. Would only change if there was a wide open opportunity.
It didn't sound like he was being mindful of his current employers in that way. Maybe he is using the chip on his shoulder to fuel him there but he came across as quite disrespectful towards offers coming from Ireland.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Seen online that Munster are close to signing Rowan Osborne with Nick McCarthy and Paddy Patterson back to leinster
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 7th, 2021, 1:32 pm Seen online that Munster are close to signing Rowan Osborne with Nick McCarthy and Paddy Patterson back to leinster
When's Hugh O'Sullivan heading down there for a few games?
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Munster have room in their squad at the bottom of the depth chart. With McCarthy leaving they could even sign 2.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: March 7th, 2021, 1:32 pm Seen online that Munster are close to signing Rowan Osborne with Nick McCarthy and Paddy Patterson back to leinster
If they're content to keep sailing in our wake, that's fine by me!!!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Joke of a club 🤣
Dont Panic!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

The reason Munster are looking for our scrum half castoffs is because they’ve produced the starting 9 and the future starting 9 in green.

Given our record at producing high quality 9s I probably wouldn’t be laughing so heartily on this one...