Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Dave Cahill »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Disagree with that logic Dave. Don't believe that anybody is seriously working AGAINST Leinster rugby, but I acknowledge that some may be focused on doing things from an Irish perspective which may cause concern in Leinster.
Or, to put it another way,
working against the best interests of Leinster
!
I have Bumbleflex
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Disagree with that logic Dave. Don't believe that anybody is seriously working AGAINST Leinster rugby, but I acknowledge that some may be focused on doing things from an Irish perspective which may cause concern in Leinster.
!
It's not just a Leinster thing though it is Munster and Ulster as well and Connacht will be added pretty soon as well.
It's Ireland first and provinces second and always has been just the balls of the provinces are getting twisted to the point where they are about to fall off
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Racing apparently after James Hart.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

I thought he had at least another season to run on his contract?

He seemed like a top class prospect a couple of season ago but then signed up a particularly long contract (I thought 3 or 4 seasons at the time?), but has fallen off the radar a bit since. Does he still get his game with Grenoble or has he been injured quite a bit?

Don't know a lot about him other than seeing him a couple of years ago and thinking he was quite good. Would be a handy signing but wouldn't lose too much sleep if we didn't get our hands on him. I suspect we'll end up with Cooney coming back, Luke McGrath and a NIQ player at this point.

He wouldn't be a bad option for Munster to look at. O'Leary has been shocking since coming back and he is a good goal kicker and can play 10 also. It's not like they have a million options, he wouldn't be a bad punt.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

James Hart was offered a contract with Leinster the last time it was up for renewal but his demands unreasonable
I have Bumbleflex
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

rooster wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
!
It's not just a Leinster thing though it is Munster and Ulster as well and Connacht will be added pretty soon as well.
It's Ireland first and provinces second and always has been just the balls of the provinces are getting twisted to the point where they are about to fall off
It's not black and white obviously.
Ulster having Pienaar at 9 for example isn't necessarily in the best interests of Ireland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Matt Healy signed for another two years to Connacht so won't be coming here.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

sunshiner1 wrote:Matt Healy signed for another two years to Connacht so won't be coming here.
Don't think he is anywhere on our radar tbh.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:Racing apparently after James Hart.
yup Gavin Mortimer had that via Midi Olympique, but they named Esconde and another scrumhalf Racing also linked with, plus Hart under contract til 2017

his demands now would probably be different (in context) now if hes not starting much for Grenoble and wouldnt be behind Boss and Reddan

the genesis of the story is Mike Philips is available for next season....
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Said this before but I can't believe people want to sign Hart. He'd be the Tom Denton of our scrumhalf options. If he wasn't IQ then nobody would even think of him. I understand that that's why people consider him but the priority should be getting someone who's good enough.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Said this before but I can't believe people want to sign Hart. He'd be the Tom Denton of our scrumhalf options. If he wasn't IQ then nobody would even think of him. I understand that that's why people consider him but the priority should be getting someone who's good enough.
Surely he couldn't be worse than Boss and Reddan this season? And is a lot younger.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The "couldn't be worse" part of your comment is my issue there. We should be aiming for someone good, not less sh!t.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

anything to be said for giving Cillian Willis another go? :D

anyone hear/know how this Aussie IQ scrumhalf Mike Kennedy getting on/got on with Munster?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Hart will be very attractive to French clubs because he is FQ through his mother and is a good goal kicker. I'm amazed we aren't hearing about possible signings yet, given how this season has gone. Not a lot to be excited for right now.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Keith wrote:
Hart will be very attractive to French clubs because he is FQ through his mother and is a good goal kicker. I'm amazed we aren't hearing about possible signings yet, given how this season has gone. Not a lot to be excited for right now.
plenty to be excited about with the young talent, new coaching staff and the chance to win the league.

every game we get to watch Ringrose, McGrath, JVDF etc. come through will be exciting to me.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

neiliog93 wrote:Surely he couldn't be worse than Boss and Reddan this season? And is a lot younger.
Reddan went through some poor form. Hes not suddenly a sh!t player.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Logorrhea wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Surely he couldn't be worse than Boss and Reddan this season? And is a lot younger.
Reddan went through some poor form. Hes not suddenly a sh!t player.
Reddan was a lot better against Munster

I suspect Henshaw to Leinster will be announced on Monday
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Whats the point of signing Hart if he can't get on the Grenoble team. I don't know about Hart but Nick McCarthy has always impressed me. I think he'll be at least a solid provincial player.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

dropkick wrote:Whats the point of signing Hart if he can't get on the Grenoble team. I don't know about Hart but Nick McCarthy has always impressed me. I think he'll be at least a solid provincial player.
I think we have two excellent scrum halves in McGrath and McCarthy, the only player we should be signing in that position should be a quantum leap in either quality or (what I would like to see as they are both quite callow) experience. Hart does not fit either bill.
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

dropkick wrote:Whats the point of signing Hart if he can't get on the Grenoble team. I don't know about Hart but Nick McCarthy has always impressed me. I think he'll be at least a solid provincial player.
ONe of the rare considerations is that Hart, at his best, is an 80% goalkicker. If Sexton is on international duty, Marsh doesn't come near that ratio which leaves Ross Byrne as the automatic inclusion. Great, if he continues to develop as an O-H, but still a bit risky before he acquires that improvement.