Rumour Mill

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by neiliog93 »

rooster wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Ah You is fat and unfit, can't scrum, terrible work-rate, liability for penalties, only an average ball carrier for a 125kg Polynesian and little impact on the breakdown. Poor ball skills and defence too.

The only things he has going for him are his size and his brute strength. Probably a good lifter at the line-out as a result. And I suppose relative youth for his position. Connacht are definitely getting the better of this deal.
As for brute strength Jackson stripped the ball from him at the end last night
I think we can safely say that big Ah You is stronger than a skinny little 5'10 Irish ginger. But yeah, terrible lack of ball skills from Rodney there as I mentioned already!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:
rooster wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Ah You is fat and unfit, can't scrum, terrible work-rate, liability for penalties, only an average ball carrier for a 125kg Polynesian and little impact on the breakdown. Poor ball skills and defence too.

The only things he has going for him are his size and his brute strength. Probably a good lifter at the line-out as a result. And I suppose relative youth for his position. Connacht are definitely getting the better of this deal.
As for brute strength Jackson stripped the ball from him at the end last night
I think we can safely say that big Ah You is stronger than a skinny little 5'10 Irish ginger. But yeah, terrible lack of ball skills from Rodney there as I mentioned already!
maybe PJ has gotten angry over being told he looks like Annie
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Rhys Ruddock is being linked with a move to the AP. Hopefully he's just looking for more money from the IRFU, can't afford to lose him.
Last edited by Keith on December 28th, 2015, 2:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Keith wrote:Rhys Ruddock is being linked to a move to the AP. Hopefully he's just looking for more money from the IRFU, can't afford to lose him.
Send him up to us and we can pay Sterling
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

sunshiner1 wrote:Rumour going around Galway that an official announcement will be made next week about Henshaw. No idea if he is staying or going but will be nice to put an end to all the speculation.
Henshaw and Ringrose as our centre partnership for the next 10+ years. Please.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

neiliog93 wrote: I think we can safely say that big Ah You is stronger than a skinny little 5'10 Irish ginger. But yeah, terrible lack of ball skills from Rodney there as I mentioned already!

Maybe PJ is the new Conor McGregor. ;)

As for Ah You, decent player. He isn't as bad as some people make out and has impact off the bench. Struggles against the top scrummagers but can hold his own against most.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Keith wrote:Rhys Ruddock is being linked with a move to the AP. Hopefully he's just looking for more money from the IRFU, can't afford to lose him.
Hes going to start for Ireland at 6 in 6n and want to hold on to that shirt, no way he jeopardises that with move to England IMO
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Keith wrote:Rhys Ruddock is being linked with a move to the AP. Hopefully he's just looking for more money from the IRFU, can't afford to lose him.
Hes going to start for Ireland at 6 in 6n and want to hold on to that shirt, no way he jeopardises that with move to England IMO
sure we can well afford him with T'eo and Madigan gone
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

tate wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
sure we can well afford him with T'eo and Madigan gone
we have to start the rumours on a replacement for Madigan now and whether we'll be allowed an NIQ one
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I'd say we'll likely get a Kircher/Gopperth 10 in quality terms to replace Madigan. Borderline international standard to replace Johnny if he gets injured and cover international breaks. Isa and Kirchner are being kept on, throw in an NIQ second-row to replace Triggs and an NIQ 9, and there's our quota.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Tempting Michalak out of retirement would cheer me up no end, but I would be in a minority of one in that one.

$BW? Trinh-Duc? Milner-Skudder?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

tate wrote:Tempting Michalak out of retirement would cheer me up no end, but I would be in a minority of one in that one.

You're aiming WAY to high there with those names. You'd be better of looking at ITM/ Currie cup players or look for IQ lads in the championship; that's where we like to get players from for some reason.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Pretty sure he's extracting the urine with those names.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

neiliog93 wrote:Pretty sure he's extracting the urine with those names.
Yip for a start you won't get a NIQ 10 as that would be looked on as poor value now as he would not be the main player in that position.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

What are the chances of us luring McKinely back now that he can play here? He's still quality and IQ. Don't think he'd cost a lot either. Worth the gamble.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:What are the chances of us luring McKinely back now that he can play here? He's still quality and IQ. Don't think he'd cost a lot either. Worth the gamble.
thats an interesting one

I suspect buzzkillifora will tell us youve got Marsh, Byrne and at a push Reid and Isa and to get on with it
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

rooster wrote:
Yip for a start you won't get a NIQ 10 as that would be looked on as poor value now as he would not be the main player in that position.
It would certainly be poor value but then then IRFU have let us have Kirchner for 4 years when he doesn't even make the match-day squads when we have a clean bill of health. In fact, that's why they let us get him.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

neiliog93 wrote:
rooster wrote:
It would certainly be poor value but then then IRFU have let us have Kirchner for 4 years when he doesn't even make the match-day squads when we have a clean bill of health. In fact, that's why they let us get him.
That was pre the latest thoughts on NIQ players
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I read Nucifora's latest comments with interest and certainly hope you\re right and that he's being sincere. As I understand it, they allowed the Kirchner signing precisely because they knew Leinster needed him when internationals were away, but also knew he wasn't good enough to really threaten Rob Kearney's starting place.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

Keith wrote:
tate wrote:Tempting Michalak out of retirement would cheer me up no end, but I would be in a minority of one in that one.

You're aiming WAY to high there with those names. You'd be better of looking at ITM/ Currie cup players or look for IQ lads in the championship; that's where we like to get players from for some reason.
eh, it's a rumour thread so keep your realities to yourself. kthanksbye
neiliog93 wrote:I read Nucifora's latest comments with interest and certainly hope you\re right and that he's being sincere. As I understand it, they allowed the Kirchner signing precisely because they knew Leinster needed him when internationals were away, but also knew he wasn't good enough to really threaten Rob Kearney's starting place.
so we can only sign mediocre players? maybe i'll get my wish so!