Seán Cronin

Re: Rumour Mill

Post by Mauler »

'VJ Singh hits more balls than Elton John's chin' - David Feherty
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Matthew Morgan leaving Bristol officially, so there or Bordeaux it looks like for Madigan

If Nucifora wants us employing a lower number of higher quality foreigners then that rekindles my hope of Kirchner being released
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Rumour going around Galway that an official announcement will be made next week about Henshaw. No idea if he is staying or going but will be nice to put an end to all the speculation.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I suspect they're just waiting until after we play Connacht before announcing it.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I suspect they're just waiting until after we play Connacht before announcing it.
Whatever "it" is.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I suspect they're just waiting until after we play Connacht before announcing it.
Yep pretty much.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Rodney Ah You is going to Ulster which means that Connacht will be on the look out for a IQ TH prop. This has to increase the chances of Ross leaving us or god forbid Furlong or Moore. :shock:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:Rodney Ah You is going to Ulster which means that Connacht will be on the look out for a IQ TH prop. This has to increase the chances of Ross leaving us or god forbid Furlong or Moore. :shock:
is that definite as that rumour has been kicking around for a while and the northerners in the know seem to be cool on it

Conncaht would still have White, Bealham and Loughney
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

is that definite as that rumour has been kicking around for a while and the northerners in the know seem to be cool on it
More or less Sene Naopou (George Naopou's wife let it slip on Instagram) with the hashtag going to miss the Ah You's so much

https://www.instagram.com/p/_wlQTuA-bV/

So regardless on how cool Ulster fans are on it it looks like it happened. Just wondering if that means the Ross part of the rumour is also true. He could go to Connacht on a two year deal with an eye to move into coachning after. It also means the likes of Furlong would get more first team football with him out of the way.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

Ah You no better than Ulster's current TH options - if he went North and Connacht got Ross, I know who is getting the better deal.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Actually think Ah You would be a good signing. He's talented and a good age for a TH. Admittedly it's a risk because he's still very rough around the edges and his fitness has been poor at times, but I've always felt that there's a touch of Stan Wright about him and that he could excel in the right environment. Himself and Herbst sounds like a decent combo to me as long as they strengthen the rest of the pack. The fact that Kiss worked with him for Ireland makes me think he feels he can get the best out of him. That could be terribly misguided and would understand Ulster fans being less than enthused given that he's been around for years and still hasn't got it together, but I've a feeling this could be a perfect storm.

It also opens the door for Conan O'Donnell to move across to TH and that could work out very well for Connacht. Although I must admit I've never seen him play, very highly rated though.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

O'Donnell is not the build od a tight-head at the moment, more built like Buckley and plays like him, which is not a bad recipe.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

I wonder what this means for Lutton? Will he move on or will he be dropped down to 3rd choice and be happy to accept that? Ah You is a puppy in propping terms with his best years still ahead of him so I think he could do well in Ulster.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Ah You can cover both sides too so hes flexible for a big man
worst comes to worst hes a useful impact sub

BUT Nauopou is out of contract himself so maybe its them thats leaving and thats where all this is coming from
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

BUT Nauopou is out of contract himself so maybe its them thats leaving and thats where all this is coming from
Didn't realise that. It's a definite possibility, he's on big money and with McKeown and Masterson coming through it might be time for him to be let go. That said I've heard nothing on Nauopou and a lot on Ah You. We'll find out soon enough I suppose.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Ah You is fat and unfit, can't scrum, terrible work-rate, liability for penalties, only an average ball carrier for a 125kg Polynesian and little impact on the breakdown. Poor ball skills and defence too.

The only things he has going for him are his size and his brute strength. Probably a good lifter at the line-out as a result. And I suppose relative youth for his position. Connacht are definitely getting the better of this deal.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

neiliog93 wrote:Ah You is fat and unfit, can't scrum, terrible work-rate, liability for penalties, only an average ball carrier for a 125kg Polynesian and little impact on the breakdown. Poor ball skills and defence too.

The only things he has going for him are his size and his brute strength. Probably a good lifter at the line-out as a result. And I suppose relative youth for his position. Connacht are definitely getting the better of this deal.
As for brute strength Jackson stripped the ball from him at the end last night
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rooster wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:Ah You is fat and unfit, can't scrum, terrible work-rate, liability for penalties, only an average ball carrier for a 125kg Polynesian and little impact on the breakdown. Poor ball skills and defence too.

wee PJ is born again hard
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

simonokeeffe wrote:
rooster wrote:

wee PJ is born again hard
He did the same with one of the Toulouse fat boys who tried to run over him, dodged him and nicked the ball in the same move
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

I think neutrals probably enjoyed Marmion running through, over, and stripping Diack more!