Leinster V's Glasgow

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

R-Dog
Graduate

Leinster V's Glasgow

Post by R-Dog »

Some goodrugby news at least (from the herald so consume with a pinch of sodium chloride)

http://www.herald.ie/sport/rugby/obrien ... 95674.html

O'Brien and Fitzgerald boost Leinster hopes

By Des Berry
Friday November 16 2012

IRELAND internationals Sean O'Brien and Luke Fitzgerald will form a two-man cavalry charge as they prepare for a return to action with Leinster next Friday.

"It's a good feeling being able to see the forest for the trees," said O'Brien (pictured), as the Blues prepare for two make-or-break clashes with Clermont Auvergne in the Heineken Cup next month.

"All things going well, I hope to make either the Glasgow game (November 23) or the Zebre game (December 1) in the RDS the following week".

The first date is more likely. The Tullow Tank is on the brink of his first game of the season after an arduous rehabilitation process from corrective hip cartilage surgery in June.

Fitzgerald is scheduled to make his return from a neck injury for what will also be his first impact.

Certainly, Leinster coach Joe Schmidt and Ireland equivalent Declan Kidney will be glad to see their faces back in the fold as club and country continue the search for top form this season.
Donald
Mullet

Re: Leinster V's Glasgow

Post by Donald »

I like this!!!!
Come live with me in SEALAND!!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Fecking excellent news that, both are massive to our chances in SMM.

Wonder will Luke be finally pushed into centres this year?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Don't want to see a party pooper but I won't believe sh!t from Leinster about guys being "back from injuries" until I see them run out on the pitch. We're already over our quota of false hopes for the season and it's only mid November.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Donny B. wrote:Don't want to see a party pooper but I won't believe sh!t from Leinster about guys being "back from injuries" until I see them run out on the pitch. We're already over our quota of false hopes for the season and it's only mid November.
This.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Morf wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Don't want to see a party pooper but I won't believe sh!t from Leinster about guys being "back from injuries" until I see them run out on the pitch. We're already over our quota of false hopes for the season and it's only mid November.
This.
Well- yeah.... but you're getting all rational on us here. And where will that all end on a fans forum. It's not on lads!

So... I see the Herald's Seanie and Luke early return and raise them BOD back for the away Clermont match! Now there's a pot replete with hopes and dreams- what could go wrong? 8)
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The Leinster squad trained in UCD on Monday afternoon ahead of Friday's RaboDirect PRO12 trip to face the Glasgow Warriors in Scotstoun (KO: 7.35pm, Live RTE2)...
Sean O'Brien trained fully for the first time this season and a decision will be made on his possible involvement depending on how he comes through the team sessions during the week.

Centre Eoin O'Malley, whose next outing will be his 50th for the province, will also be monitored through training this week but Dominic Ryan and Luke Fitzgerald are unlikely to be available. They are making good progress but this Friday is likely to come too soon for their return.

Isa Nacewa is making good progress following his recent hand injury and it is hoped that he will come into the frame either this week or next, while second row duo Quinn Roux and Tom Denton have also stepped up their rehab programmes in recent weeks.

Ian Madigan's next appearance, meanwhile, will be his 60th for the province.

With a number of players unavailable this weekend because of international commitments, the Leinster coaching team could be set to call on a number of players who were on 'A' team duty last week.

Meanwhile, Leinster Rugby are delighted to announce that ticket sales for the forthcoming Heineken Cup round 4 clash against ASM Clermont Auvergne in the Aviva Stadium on Saturday, 15th December have passed the 33,000 mark. Tickets for this game and all Leinster home games are ON SALE HERE
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Interesting, would've thought Ryan would be fit for this one. Still, I'd be very happy if we got SOB and EOM back for this game.

Incidentally, was it glasgow or edi that EOM picked up his injury last season?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

AdamK wrote:Interesting, would've thought Ryan would be fit for this one. Still, I'd be very happy if we got SOB and EOM back for this game.

Incidentally, was it glasgow or edi that EOM picked up his injury last season?
Glasgow, in the Rabo semi-final.

Rhys Ruddock has been called up to the Ireland squad to hold some tackle-bags. :roll: Sexton expected to be back training fully by Thursday.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Surely they will give us either Ruddock or Kev back?

Any Sign of Dundon getting fit.

And finally, I never even knew Denton was injured. Did anyone else?
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

johng wrote:Surely they will give us either Ruddock or Kev back?

Any Sign of Dundon getting fit.

And finally, I never even knew Denton was injured. Did anyone else?

Cant see Kidney doing us any favours - not in his nature!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sooo looking at

D Kearney, Conway, Macken, Goodman, Isa, Madigan, Boss
McGrath, Sexton, Hagan, Cullen, Toner (he was only called up for Fiji?), Marshall, Jennings, Murphy

O'Connell, Tracy, Moore, Ruddock, SOB, Cooney, Reid, Carr

5, 6 and 8 look like main sources of speculation
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

simonokeeffe wrote:sooo looking at

D Kearney, Conway, Macken, Goodman, Isa, Madigan, Boss
McGrath, Sexton, Hagan, Cullen, Toner (he was only called up for Fiji?), Marshall, Jennings, Murphy

O'Connell, Tracy, Moore, Ruddock, SOB, Cooney, Reid, Carr

5, 6 and 8 look like main sources of speculation
I'd swap Isa and Dave Kearney.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

personally I'd agree with you but I think there's been a papal bull from IRFU that Isa is to be a winger only
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Isa won't be there and Ruddock is with Ireland until further notice. Best I can come up with is (presuming we are not getting Dev or Kev back either)

McGrath
Sexton
Hagan
Cullen
Browne
Murphy
Jennings
Auva'a

Boss
Madigan
Carr
Goodman
O'Malley
Conway
D Kearney

Tracey
O'Connell
Moore
Marshall
O'Brien/Gilsenan
Cooney
Macken
Coghlan-Murray/Boyle
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Carr? No choice with auvaa but Carr is a risk with little chance of reward.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

fourthirtythree wrote:Carr? No choice with auvaa but Carr is a risk with little chance of reward.
Feel free to put Coughlan-Murray or Boyle ahead of him. I'm just getting conservative in my old age. (I'm younger than Dekko though)
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

Interestingly, Adam Byrne, who impressed for the A side last week, was training with the senior panel today. Could we see him appear for the senior side this season?
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

ceemec wrote:Interestingly, Adam Byrne, who impressed for the A side last week, was training with the senior panel today. Could we see him appear for the senior side this season?
Hmmm. Like the sound of him. Never seen him play. Would he be a risk compared to the almost Tony Buckley type slide of Carr? Or would he make the bench ahead of Boyle and SCM..... Tune in Thursday at noon for the next installing enthralment.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

blow for Macken if Byrne usurps him but Macken hasn;t really delivered on a lot of early promise
Leinster seemed very positive on Isa playing, plus he can still run etc while hand recovers so he'll be somewhat fit
Ruddock will be released back on Thursday probably unless theres an injury scare or two in the backrow
Has Toner been released back as an additional player for Fiji only? Hardly need him all week if DR, DOC, MMC, Tuohy all fit