Mike McCarthy will join Leinster next season

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Re: Mike McCarthy will join Leinster next season

Post by artaneboy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Sea_point wrote:Guys I think you have to keep a perspective on this, and may have a think about it from our side. Macca means a lot more to Connacht than just a decent player, and that is where the hurt is coming from. He has become part of the fabric of this team and one of it's leaders, I would equate the move as say BO'D moving from Leinster to Munster three or four seasons back, could you imagine the hurt seeing him come back to the RDS wearing Red.

From our side we see ourself making some progress after years of having IRFU under-investment and appointments (Bradley) foistered upon us holding back our progress and then bang our best player is gone. It's not just the player on the park we have to replace he is a stone cold legend out west.

There is no hypocrisy about the comments because Connacht have never tracked a senior Leinster player for recruitment, White was gone from Leinster (the Bent contract was in place before we signed him). There has been no Leinster first choice player who has moved across to Galway, they have been players either out of contract or who have moved away previously. Carr (Rock)/Keatley (Tarf) were playing before they came west, and Hagan baled from UCD before playing for them, Gannon was playing for Blackrock when he came to us first and we resigned him from Exeter.

The worst part of it is the timing in that we are in a really critical part of the season for us, this announcement could really kill the momentum form the win last Friday stone dead...
I’m not sure that case is proven mate. Connacht are definitely a team that can lift themselves and put in a performance but the league table never lies and they are currently languishing in 10th spot and unless an Irish team wins the European Cup this year, they likely won’t be playing European Cup rugby next. I don’t know that a victory against BO – a mid table team who can look, how shall I put this, a tad disinterested, really means. It’s a game people will celebrate and remember, but it wouldn’t convince me to change a structure.

I think we need to be fair to Connacht and cut out the ambiguity and call out their role clearly. Ultimately, the provinces were designed to serve team Ireland. That’s why the IRFU pays us and the pay back is the sacrifices we make – so in our case its player rotation and training camps for example. The role of the provinces has now moved on and the IRFU strat plan calls out international achievement and winning European/Rabo silverware as the objective of Ireland and the Provinces.

My personal opinion is that Connacht can never win the European Cup or the Rabo and its fairly doubtful in my mind that they could ever be a strong contributor to IRFU coffers. With this in mind, as it stands they don’t serve the strat plan objectives in terms of winning stuff as a team or make economic sense. Could they support the strat plan objectives for Ireland and the other provinces? Yes. The way the could do this is develop players to support Ireland and the provinces who have a realistic chance of winning silverware. That’s why I think the IRFU need to be clear that the role of Connacht is as a development province. And to be honest, I’ll bet they have done that to their management…..

As an aside, nobody is forcing McCarthy to move. If he says no, the move is off…….so its obviously what the player wants!
I agree that the official response from Connacht is incoherent. While I do understand the reaction, he was out of contract and would likely have gone somewhere else where he'd be in a better position to win trophies. However I don't accept the logic that Connacht "can never win the European Cup or Rabo...". Of course they can! A decade or so ago in Oz, the ACT Brumbies went from being the perennial whipping boys to regular winners. All based on astute coaching and careful assembly of a winning squad. And Connacht are in a better postion than the Brumbies in several ways. I believe that despite their official designation as a 'development province' (they still have that- don't they?) that Connacht are starting to build the base of a pyramid and put the structures in place to build a squad. That should be their focus. But they can be expected to be unhappy and I hope that we don't get into a war of words with them on this. But in the end, its the way of the world....
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:We haven't signed a player from Connacht, we've pinched one that Munster wanted. Wait and see.
Why did Munster want him? Haven't they enough locks?
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Donny B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:We haven't signed a player from Connacht, we've pinched one that Munster wanted. Wait and see.
Quantity/Quality issues perhaps.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

artaneboy wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
Sea_point wrote:Guys I think you have to keep a perspective on this, and may have a think about it from our side. Macca means a lot more to Connacht than just a decent player, and that is where the hurt is coming from. He has become part of the fabric of this team and one of it's leaders, I would equate the move as say BO'D moving from Leinster to Munster three or four seasons back, could you imagine the hurt seeing him come back to the RDS wearing Red.

From our side we see ourself making some progress after years of having IRFU under-investment and appointments (Bradley) foistered upon us holding back our progress and then bang our best player is gone. It's not just the player on the park we have to replace he is a stone cold legend out west.

There is no hypocrisy about the comments because Connacht have never tracked a senior Leinster player for recruitment, White was gone from Leinster (the Bent contract was in place before we signed him). There has been no Leinster first choice player who has moved across to Galway, they have been players either out of contract or who have moved away previously. Carr (Rock)/Keatley (Tarf) were playing before they came west, and Hagan baled from UCD before playing for them, Gannon was playing for Blackrock when he came to us first and we resigned him from Exeter.

The worst part of it is the timing in that we are in a really critical part of the season for us, this announcement could really kill the momentum form the win last Friday stone dead...
I’m not sure that case is proven mate. Connacht are definitely a team that can lift themselves and put in a performance but the league table never lies and they are currently languishing in 10th spot and unless an Irish team wins the European Cup this year, they likely won’t be playing European Cup rugby next. I don’t know that a victory against BO – a mid table team who can look, how shall I put this, a tad disinterested, really means. It’s a game people will celebrate and remember, but it wouldn’t convince me to change a structure.

I think we need to be fair to Connacht and cut out the ambiguity and call out their role clearly. Ultimately, the provinces were designed to serve team Ireland. That’s why the IRFU pays us and the pay back is the sacrifices we make – so in our case its player rotation and training camps for example. The role of the provinces has now moved on and the IRFU strat plan calls out international achievement and winning European/Rabo silverware as the objective of Ireland and the Provinces.

My personal opinion is that Connacht can never win the European Cup or the Rabo and its fairly doubtful in my mind that they could ever be a strong contributor to IRFU coffers. With this in mind, as it stands they don’t serve the strat plan objectives in terms of winning stuff as a team or make economic sense. Could they support the strat plan objectives for Ireland and the other provinces? Yes. The way the could do this is develop players to support Ireland and the provinces who have a realistic chance of winning silverware. That’s why I think the IRFU need to be clear that the role of Connacht is as a development province. And to be honest, I’ll bet they have done that to their management…..

As an aside, nobody is forcing McCarthy to move. If he says no, the move is off…….so its obviously what the player wants!
I agree that the official response from Connacht is incoherent. While I do understand the reaction, he was out of contract and would likely have gone somewhere else where he'd be in a better position to win trophies. However I don't accept the logic that Connacht "can never win the European Cup or Rabo...". Of course they can! A decade or so ago in Oz, the ACT Brumbies went from being the perennial whipping boys to regular winners. All based on astute coaching and careful assembly of a winning squad. And Connacht are in a better postion than the Brumbies in several ways. I believe that despite their official designation as a 'development province' (they still have that- don't they?) that Connacht are starting to build the base of a pyramid and put the structures in place to build a squad. That should be their focus. But they can be expected to be unhappy and I hope that we don't get into a war of words with them on this. But in the end, its the way of the world....
I guess, my thinking on why they are unlikely to ever be a force is that Connacht is not a rugby playing province - i think only 7% of the playing population, support is limited, the IRFU needs a development province, connacht couldnt survive without significant support from the irfu and the IRFU doesn't have anything like the cash to invest the type of money it would take them to get anywhere near the top level. I'd like to think they could do well, but there isn't much evidence that that is or will happen either on or off the field.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Flash Gordon wrote:I guess, my thinking on why they are unlikely to ever be a force is that Connacht is not a rugby playing province - i think only 7% of the playing population, support is limited, the IRFU needs a development province, connacht couldnt survive without significant support from the irfu and the IRFU doesn't have anything like the cash to invest the type of money it would take them to get anywhere near the top level. I'd like to think they could do well, but there isn't much evidence that that is or will happen either on or off the field.
I'm not sure the real figures (IRFU 2010) back that up. Connacht, it's true, only have about 11% of total numbers in the country, but that's around half of Munster's total numbers already and Munster have had over a decade of success as the poster boys of Irish rugby to boost their playing figures. Go back 10 years and I'd be surprised if the numbers were much better than Connacht's are now.

Connacht has a bit of an east-west divide like Munster's Cork/Limerick problem. Connacht, like Munster, doesn't currently have a schools network to rival Ulster's or Leinster's. It'll probably never have one. But when you look at how each province arrives at their player totals, it strikes you how different a path they each take to get there. I see no reason Connacht couldn't have hit 4000 senior males and 25,000 overall players well before 2020. With those kind of numbers, anything is possible. And those numbers reflect a growing interest in the sport which will boost attendance rates - assuming the product on the pitch is good enough.

I really don't know what's holding them back. I think Dan Park's signing was a total master stroke and is going to mark the beginning of a sea change in Connacht's development as a force in the Rabo. Not being as successful, there's less pressure on them around NIQs/NIEs, so theyre really in a decent place to make a push for glory. I've often felt Connacht should be a place of excellence for the coaching of rugby - in conjunction with the University. S&C, biodynamics, nutrition, skills, make it a hotbed of coaching talent that players will want to learn from and be around.

Ulster Munster Leinster Connacht Total 2010
Senior Males 7,056 5,923 10,154 2,307 25,440
Senior Women 744 751 1,140 129 2,764
Age Grade (Club) 4,231 9,125 11,778 4,969 30,103
Mini Rugby 4,767 6,938 10,995 1,902 24,602
Total Club No.s 16,798 22,737 34,067 9,307 82,909

Sec.schools 11,750 4,910 11,516 2,288 30,464
School Dev. Prog. 9,945 8,795 16,184 4,783 39,707

Total(School/Club)38,493 36,442 61,767 16,378 153,080
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Golf Man wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:For those of you who haven't read the Connacht announcement here it is to marvel at its hypocrisy. Well done Connacht rugby! Despite being initially sympathetic I don't give a sh!t what you think about this any more you bunch of whiny hypocrites.

It may be harsh on Steel, but it's reasonably fair. If you look at the quote he complained about us signing McCarthy and the next paragraph crows about signing White, who Leinster wanted to offer a contract to but the IRFU wouldn't let us re-sign a NIQ tighthead. "So for the benefit of Irish rugby" they signed him. Hypocrisy.
Two ridiculous comments - yes Connacht have taken players from Leinster and Munster in the past, but none of these was first choice or even close to it. To compare White moving to Connacht with McCarthy moving from Connacht is just not the same thing. Stephen Keogh moved from Munster to Leinster 6/7 years ago - can we have Sexton in exchange - this is the reality of this move for Connacht

I don't blame McCarthy but it must be galling for Connacht to lose him, especially as they have really developd him into the player he now is and all of a sudden he makes the Ireland team and Leinster can just pick him up. While Connacht are an inferior team, it is essentially proof that the IRFU view Ulster, Leinster and Munster as equals, and Connacht as beneath them. Either Connacht are equal or they are a development province - it can't work both ways. While it will always be difficult for Connacht tpo hold onto players if they have successful players, it shouldn't be a case that any of the other 3 can pick and choose their players when it suits
Speaking of ridiculous: I love this 'they have really developed him into the player he is now' bit. When a player displays form/improves its apparently the coaching setup/province that is responsible. What about the player himself working on his game and being responsible. He's 31 ffs, not a youngster. Leinster were interested 2 yrs ago, but he wasn't. If he had been and was signed there wouldn't have been anywhere near the unbalanced media reaction currently happening. He didnt have the profile then, that he does now (based on an MOTM performance against SA and the BO loss); but for me he was at least as good 2 yrs ago as he is now.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Why are the detractors not considering McCarthy's take on this? His contract is up in the summer so, ya know, maybe he wanted to leave? Maybe he wants to play for a team that can deliver medals and finals? Should he be required to stay in Connacht because they got him first, or is the problem that it is Leinster who signed him?

This cr@p that Leinster "stole" him is ridiculous. He wasn't kidnapped. He was presumably given 2 contracts - as Donny said, he may have been offered more in France - and he choose the one that is best for him. For his career. No disrespect to Connacht but McCarthy looks a serious player. If he wants to move, then it is his decision. He wasn't forced into doing this.
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

And so the D4 soulless franchise, with no history, ethics or morals steals another Connacht player to stockpile. Skanger city's sewer attitude knows no further depths to plumet. Next year's front 5 Hank, Cronin, Bent, Roux, Mc. Embarressment knows no limits.
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

tackle-bag wrote:I don't agree with the remarks from Tom Sears, but I also don't agree with this signing in general terms. There is no comparison to be made with the moves of many of the players being mentioned:-

Matt Healy (didn't have a Leinster contract, needed game time), Kyle Tonetti (came from Sale having been offloaded by Leinster), Dave McSharry (wasn't a senior Leinster player, just a member of the academy), Paul O'Donohoe (made only 8 starts in 3 seasons at Leinster, needed game time), Davey Moore (came from Quins having been offloaded by Leinster), Mick Kearney (from Dublin, but was a member of the Connacht academy), Dave Gannon (played 1 minute for Leinster's first XV against the Borders in 2005), Jason Harris-Wright (came from Bristol having been offloaded by Leinster) and Nathan White (a foreign import and the only player on the list whose loss actually weakened the Leinster squad, presumably moved to Connacht because of the lengthier deal on offer there).

Similarly, there's no comparison to be made between the signings of Carr (a Leinster player who returned having obtained valuable game time) or Cronin (a Munster player who also left his home province to seek additional game time). It was always known that both of those guys were going to Connacht for its role as a development province.

The Connacht side is made up of 3 constituent elements in my view:- (a) players from the other provinces who are there for development purposes; (b) foreign imports on short term deals; and (c) indigenous players who form the spine of the team. McCarthy, although born in London, falls firmly into the final category. He speaks regularly in interviews about his desire to represent the province of his grandparents, who hailed from Belmullet. He is arguably Connacht's most important player.

Don't get me wrong, McCarthy is obviously a willing participant in this deal, but it's one that I think Leinster should have been loath to offer. Connacht need McCarthy a lot more than we do; we could attract another player of equivalent standard, Connacht will probably wind up with some second rate Southern Hemisphere lock to replace him. If Connacht is to survive as a province, they need as many players in the team as possible from category (c) above.
Superb post -- and serious food for thought.
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

Donny B. wrote:
Sea_point wrote:
Well who's fault is that except Tom Sears who's going on a national touring of whinging about the transfer while Leinster haven't said anything. Even if the deal is done, it would have kept til next week and the team could have concentrated on winning in Biarritz instead of playing the victim.
Wrong Donny, Thornley/IT released the story at midnight last night 10 hours before before the Connacht press release containing Sears comments. Obviously Thornley/IT had informed them that that was happening late in the day and rushed out the statement. I wonder where he got the confirmation from, and it wouldn't be Connacht....

I'd also add that they have just spent the last six weeks going around the province detailing the blueprint/future plans for Connacht Rugby to supporters, the last event was prior to the Biarritz game in Galway.

Anyway nothing untoward in anything Sears said on Drivetime - http://www.rte.ie/sport/player/#!/clip/816/
Donny B. wrote:Do people think that Leinster and Connacht were McCarthy's only options?
The form he's been in, I'm sure a few French and English clubs were probably sniffing around too, Biarritz for one. He left Connacht once before to go abroad and he could well have done so again if a move to Leinster was blocked by the IRFU. At least this way, Ireland get to keep the player under their control especially as he could well be a starting lock for the next couple of seasons.
Frankly going to France would be way more preferable than Macca coming to the Sportsground in the jersey of another Province, Leinster or otherwise. There'll be a little bit of sick coming into Connacht supporters mouths the first he wears Leinster Blue and probably every time that happens, and as I said earlier it would be exactly the same for you guys if BO'D showed up a few years back at the RDS in a Munster/Ulster jersey.

As for Leinster supporters downplaying the connection between Connacht & Macca, frankly you (as a group) haven't a clue. Most had no idea about MCarthy apart from chinning Leo a few seasons back and then taking notice again after getting his first Cap. Galway isn't Dublin, it's tiny by comparison and Macca is a very much well known and loved character around the town. He's the Donnacha O'Callaghan of the Squad, but just a little bit brighter (ok a lot... :wink: )
Donny B. wrote:
I think the inference on this is that O'Connell is gone, even with the back operation he is not likely to ever be the player he was, and O'Callaghan well how many years for him?
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Apocrypha wrote:And so the D4 soulless franchise, with no history, ethics or morals steals another Connacht player to stockpile. Skanger city's sewer attitude knows no further depths to plumet. Next year's front 5 Hank, Cronin, Bent, Roux, Mc. Embarressment knows no limits.
:lol: :) Best post on the thread. Are you Munster Micko?
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

johng wrote:
Apocrypha wrote:And so the D4 soulless franchise, with no history, ethics or morals steals another Connacht player to stockpile. Skanger city's sewer attitude knows no further depths to plumet. Next year's front 5 Hank, Cronin, Bent, Roux, Mc. Embarressment knows no limits.
Does it please you that 8 of your front row 5 1st/2nd are not Leinster/Dub/Tan born and raised? Of course not, you only know Westlife and Boyzone up in Rialto!
Sea_point
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sea_point »

desperado wrote:
Golf Man wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:For those of you who haven't read the Connacht announcement here it is to marvel at its hypocrisy. Well done Connacht rugby! Despite being initially sympathetic I don't give a sh!t what you think about this any more you bunch of whiny hypocrites.

It may be harsh on Steel, but it's reasonably fair. If you look at the quote he complained about us signing McCarthy and the next paragraph crows about signing White, who Leinster wanted to offer a contract to but the IRFU wouldn't let us re-sign a NIQ tighthead. "So for the benefit of Irish rugby" they signed him. Hypocrisy.
Two ridiculous comments - yes Connacht have taken players from Leinster and Munster in the past, but none of these was first choice or even close to it. To compare White moving to Connacht with McCarthy moving from Connacht is just not the same thing. Stephen Keogh moved from Munster to Leinster 6/7 years ago - can we have Sexton in exchange - this is the reality of this move for Connacht

I don't blame McCarthy but it must be galling for Connacht to lose him, especially as they have really developd him into the player he now is and all of a sudden he makes the Ireland team and Leinster can just pick him up. While Connacht are an inferior team, it is essentially proof that the IRFU view Ulster, Leinster and Munster as equals, and Connacht as beneath them. Either Connacht are equal or they are a development province - it can't work both ways. While it will always be difficult for Connacht tpo hold onto players if they have successful players, it shouldn't be a case that any of the other 3 can pick and choose their players when it suits
Speaking of ridiculous: I love this 'they have really developed him into the player he is now' bit. When a player displays form/improves its apparently the coaching setup/province that is responsible. What about the player himself working on his game and being responsible. He's 31 ffs, not a youngster. Leinster were interested 2 yrs ago, but he wasn't. If he had been and was signed there wouldn't have been anywhere near the unbalanced media reaction currently happening. He didnt have the profile then, that he does now (based on an MOTM performance against SA and the BO loss); but for me he was at least as good 2 yrs ago as he is now.
Absolute Bullcrap and this goes back to my earlier post about non-Connacht supporters having little or no knowledge of McCarthy (or the setup at Connacht for that matter) before he became an International second row. He came back to Connacht a blind side wing forward from Newcastle and with Mul dominating that position he was developed into the second row he has become by Dan McFarland and the Strength & Conditioning team. Macca has always had a great engine, but was too small for second row except in emergency and you don't just tell a player to bulk up and make him a second row. There was a lot of time and energy invested in Macca's conversion to and International second row candidate.

And again he didn't have the profile outside the province, but have a look across the Connacht forum or any discussions on here referencing him going back three or four years or more and you'll see that Connacht supporters knew exactly how good he was then and is now. You won't see a jot of crtitcism from a Connacht keyboard (well maybe up to the last 24hours... :( )

Just because Declan Kidney couldn't find his ass with both hands does not mean that Macca wasn't worthy of a cap earlier than he recognised he was. Sure what about Andrew Farley, another second row for us who we again knew was top class (captained us for three consecutive seasons out of seven between 2002/03-08/09 during which he missed about four games in all competitions), and has showed it in France again in four seasons with Grenoble (where he took the Captaincy in his second season and started every game in the first three seasons that he is top class playing 81/90 games, starting 78/81) and in the world of O'Sullivan & Kidney he was only worth an A cap. Bruce Farley was our Mr Nobody (as in Nobody's perfect, with both us and with Grenoble he plays so many games because he is like McCarthy supremely consistent).
Last edited by Sea_point on December 13th, 2012, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even. Muhammad Ali
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

tackle-bag wrote:I don't agree with the remarks from Tom Sears, but I also don't agree with this signing in general terms. There is no comparison to be made with the moves of many of the players being mentioned:-

Matt Healy (didn't have a Leinster contract, needed game time), Kyle Tonetti (came from Sale having been offloaded by Leinster), Dave McSharry (wasn't a senior Leinster player, just a member of the academy), Paul O'Donohoe (made only 8 starts in 3 seasons at Leinster, needed game time), Davey Moore (came from Quins having been offloaded by Leinster), Mick Kearney (from Dublin, but was a member of the Connacht academy), Dave Gannon (played 1 minute for Leinster's first XV against the Borders in 2005), Jason Harris-Wright (came from Bristol having been offloaded by Leinster) and Nathan White (a foreign import and the only player on the list whose loss actually weakened the Leinster squad, presumably moved to Connacht because of the lengthier deal on offer there).

Similarly, there's no comparison to be made between the signings of Carr (a Leinster player who returned having obtained valuable game time) or Cronin (a Munster player who also left his home province to seek additional game time). It was always known that both of those guys were going to Connacht for its role as a development province.

The Connacht side is made up of 3 constituent elements in my view:- (a) players from the other provinces who are there for development purposes; (b) foreign imports on short term deals; and (c) indigenous players who form the spine of the team. McCarthy, although born in London, falls firmly into the final category. He speaks regularly in interviews about his desire to represent the province of his grandparents, who hailed from Belmullet. He is arguably Connacht's most important player.

Don't get me wrong, McCarthy is obviously a willing participant in this deal, but it's one that I think Leinster should have been loath to offer. Connacht need McCarthy a lot more than we do; we could attract another player of equivalent standard, Connacht will probably wind up with some second rate Southern Hemisphere lock to replace him. If Connacht is to survive as a province, they need as many players in the team as possible from category (c) above.
That, in a nutshell, is it. The big three have the resources to develop our own or, when necessary, find them abroad. Poaching guys like McCarthy from Connacht should be a no-no.

All the talk of players we "gave them" is disingenuous. They get our cast-offs and often do a very good job of developing them.
We're all red on the inside.
Munsterboy
Mullet

Post by Munsterboy »

Donny B. wrote:
It's more horse sh!t from Cahill to try to excuse a blatant bit of poaching by Leinster. Munster never went after him. Leinster have been sniffing around him for about three years now.

Devin Toner must be crying into his long, narrow pillow.
We're all red on the inside.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Apocrypha wrote:
johng wrote:
Does it please you that 8 of your front row 5 1st/2nd are not Leinster/Dub/Tan born and raised? Of course not, you only know Westlife and Boyzone up in Rialto!
About as much embarrassment as your backline of Kiwis and Leinstermen affects you, probably.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Apocrypha wrote:
johng wrote:
:lol: Franchise.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

Any of the trolling Munster fans care to comment on the below?

Headhunting Henshaw: Connacht angry

Connacht’s anger with  Leinster over Mike McCarthy’s move has been exacerbated by an attempt by  Munster and Ulster to sign teenage sensation Robbie Henshaw.

The  19-year old has been one of the finds of the season, with Connacht  coach Eric Elwood tipping him as a future Ireland international shortly  after he made his debut at the outset of the campaign.

Henshaw,  who was playing schools rugby six months ago, has played in every game  for Connacht this season and has nailed down the fullback spot ahead of  the province’s captain Gavin Duffy.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Mike McCarthy will join Leinster next season

Post by Dave Cahill »

Munsterboy wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
It's more horse sh!t from Cahill to try to excuse a blatant bit of poaching by Leinster. Munster never went after him. Leinster have been sniffing around him for about three years now.

Devin Toner must be crying into his long, narrow pillow.
A). How do you poach a free agent?
B) Wait and see
I have Bumbleflex
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

CiaranIrl wrote:Any of the trolling Munster fans care to comment on the below?

Headhunting Henshaw: Connacht angry

Connacht’s anger with  Leinster over Mike McCarthy’s move has been exacerbated by an attempt by  Munster and Ulster to sign teenage sensation Robbie Henshaw.

The  19-year old has been one of the finds of the season, with Connacht  coach Eric Elwood tipping him as a future Ireland international shortly  after he made his debut at the outset of the campaign.

Henshaw,  who was playing schools rugby six months ago, has played in every game  for Connacht this season and has nailed down the fullback spot ahead of  the province’s captain Gavin Duffy.
Oooh l'ironie, c'est delicieux
I have Bumbleflex