Ulster v Leinster thread **team pg 4**

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Ulster v Leinster thread **team pg 4**

Post by Donny B. »

Okay we've had our moan but time to get back on the horse.

So who's travelling up? Big game in terms of the league, which I really, really want to win this season.

Hard to know what team's will be put out though with both sides fairly banged up and quite a few injuries.

Johng, your predicted team please. :D
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Ulster v Leinster thread

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Huge game for both sides after the weekend. If Ulster win then I've no doubt they'll get their season back on track but if not then you'd worry a bit.

Could be huge for us as well. Getting a win having made a good few changes and bringing players back from injury would be a massive boost for us.

I saw that Luke was waterboy on Saturday, anyone see him doing contact before the game? Can't see him being involved anyway but it'd be great to hear that he took a full part.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Yeah damn the Saints for winning on Saturday. Would have preferred to see them come into the game a little too pleased with themselves with an unbeaten record.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Please tell me Dekko isn't hosting a Gathering 2013 event for the internationals this weekend?? Assuming he's not, I'd be tempted to pick a reasonably strong squad whilst freshening it up in some positions.

Healy
Cronin
Bent
Browne
Toner
Ruddock
O'Brien
Heaslip

Boss/Reddan
Sexton
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney D
Madigan

Bench: Dundon, vd Merwe, Ross, Cullen, Ryan, Boss/Reddan, Goodman, O'Malley.

Assuming that Jenno, Isa, Kev won't be fit. If they are fit, I'd still give Jenno a break, would play Isa ahead of Madigan. Kev ahead of Ruddock, with Rhys to the bench.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I'd go all out for this game. In terms of the league, this is a massive game for us and we need to remain competetive in all competitions. I'd play as strong a team as was fit.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

I'd like to see something like this:
Healy
Cronin
Bent
Toner
Browne
O'Brien
Ryan
Heaslip
Reddan
Sexton
Conway
McFadden
Darcy
Kearney
Nacewa
McGrath
Sexton
Hagan
Cullen
Ruddock
Boss
Madigan
O'Malley
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Cormac's team looks good to me if all the injuries are true. Luke Fitz to the bench if possible too.

My teams are not so much predictions as what I would do if my name was Joe Schimidt, but only had public info and didn't see them train.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

cormac wrote:Please tell me Dekko isn't hosting a Gathering 2013 event for the internationals this weekend?? Assuming he's not, I'd be tempted to pick a reasonably strong squad whilst freshening it up in some positions.

Healy
Cronin
Bent
Browne
Toner
Ruddock
O'Brien
Heaslip

Boss/Reddan
Sexton
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney D
Madigan

Assuming that Jenno, Isa, Kev won't be fit. If they are fit, I'd still give Jenno a break, would play Isa ahead of Madigan. Kev ahead of Ruddock, with Rhys to the bench.
Like the look of that. I think for Ulster's sake they need to realise that they're big shots now and concentrate on Europe and not concern themselves with this piddling Pro12 cr@p. Hence I've helpfully come up with team they should pick:

Ulster Team:

15. Stephen Rea
14. James Nesbitt
13. Brian Kennedy
12. Dennis Taylor
11. Eddie Irvine
10. Niall O’Connor
9. Rory McIlroy

1. Van Morrison
2. Mark Robson
3. ‘Ma’ from “Give My Head Peace”
4. Darren Clarke
5. Liam Neeson
6: The annoyingly camp presenter off UTV, Julian something is it?
7: Iris Robinson
8: Gloria Hunniford
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Mark Robson would definitely be an annoying scrumhalf/winger type.

Funny, the one true sportsman in the pack is likely to be the worst athlete.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Mark Robson would definitely be an annoying scrumhalf/winger type.

Funny, the one true sportsman in the pack is likely to be the worst athlete.
Ah Clarke would provide the old-school grunt with Neeson the more athletic tall type of lock. :D
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I wouddn't hold out much hope for their midfield if Dennis Taylor's not wearing his glasses. Eddie Irvine on the wing will be too close to the ladies in the crowd so is likely to be distracted. Leinster by 5.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Donny B. wrote:
cormac wrote:Please tell me Dekko isn't hosting a Gathering 2013 event for the internationals this weekend?? Assuming he's not, I'd be tempted to pick a reasonably strong squad whilst freshening it up in some positions.

Healy
Cronin
Bent
Browne
Toner
Ruddock
O'Brien
Heaslip

Boss/Reddan
Sexton
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney D
Madigan

Like the look of that. I think for Ulster's sake they need to realise that they're big shots now and concentrate on Europe and not concern themselves with this piddling Pro12 cr@p. Hence I've helpfully come up with team they should pick:

Ulster Team:

15. Stephen Rea
14. James Nesbitt
13. Brian Kennedy
12. Dennis Taylor
11. Eddie Irvine
10. Niall O’Connor
9. Rory McIlroy

1. Van Morrison
2. Mark Robson
3. ‘Ma’ from “Give My Head Peace”
4. Darren Clarke
5. Liam Neeson
6: The annoyingly camp presenter off UTV, Julian something is it?
7: Iris Robinson
8: Gloria Hunniford
Wheres Stewart Lee when you need him...
Dave Cahill wrote:Ulster have named their team for the match against Munster at the weekend, obviously with one eye on keeping injuries to a minimum coming up to the HEC Final

15. Dana
14. Julian Simmons
13. Iris Robinson
12. Peter Robinson
11. Michele Doherty
10. Kenneth Branagh
9. Adrian Dunbar

1. Sean Quinn
2. Nadine Coyle
3. Uncle Andy
4. Liam Neeson
5. Bap Kennedy
6. Fergal Sharkey
7. Rory McIllroy
8. Caroline Wozniaki
:lol:
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Alright back in your box Cahill, like you were the first man ever who'd come up with a joke team..... :-)

And yours would be completely unrealistic anyway. How would the midfield work with Irish and Peter Robinson's "communication issues"? :D
Last edited by Donny B. on December 17th, 2012, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

The return of Luke and and Dave Kearney with Iris Robinson at wing forward. Why am I getting visions of Ross O'Carroll-Kelly in Nama Mia? :shock:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I can imagine Dennis Taylor standing in the pocket and this game could be the big break he needs. And that's my cue to leave...

Irvine should be captain. There isn't a ref in the country who could resist his charms!
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

Typical Ulster consistently targeting Denmark's best players with Wozi at 8, how is that to the benefit of Irish rugby?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The Leinster squad have stepped up their preparations with a training session in UCD on Monday afternoon ahead of Friday night's RaboDirect PRO12 game away to Ulster in Ravenhill (KO: 7.05pm, LIVE RTE2, BBC NI)...
There are several fresh injury concerns for the Leinster management arising from Saturday night’s Heineken Cup game in the Aviva Stadium ahead of this weekend’s interprovincial derby.

On Sunday afternoon Richardt Strauss underwent a scan on a medial ligament injury he picked up in the opening moments of the game and is expected to be out for approximately 4 weeks. Shane Jennings damaged his shoulder against ASM Clermont Auvergne and was replaced by Jordi Murphy in the final quarter.

Jennings will be monitored by the medical team and is considered a doubt for Friday’s game alongside Isa Nacewa who suffered deep bruising to his arm.

Dave Kearney returned for the province on Saturday after his recent quad strain.

Friday night’s game could come a week or two too soon for Luke Fitzgerald, who has stepped up his rehabilitation programme this week, but it is hoped that the Ireland international could come into the frame for either the home game against Connacht in the RDS on December 29th (KO: 7.45pm) or for the Edinburgh match away at Murrayfield the following week.

There was good news for the province with Eoin O’Malley successfully coming through his first outing in the province’s 44-13 British & Irish Cup win over Jersey on Sunday afternoon and the centre will potentially come into the frame this week.

In a further fitness boost, hooker Aaron Dundon and wing forward Dominic Ryan both came through their second successive games for the ‘A’ team on Sunday afternoon after their recent long-term spells on the sidelines.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Healy
Cronin
Bent
Browne
Toner
Ruddock
O'Brien
Heaslip

Boss/Reddan
Sexton
Conway
D'Arcy
McFadden
Kearney D
Madigan

Good team, Cormac. I'd go with that. Given their respective performances in the 'A' game against Jersey I think that Bren Macken deserves the spot on the bench ahead of O'Malley, but totally understandable that we'd want to get the latter back involved at Pro12 level.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Hugo, understand what you're saying about Macken but they need to get O'Malley back up to speed before the Scarlets game, in case BOD isn't fit. Macken's not in the HEC squad and can't be added now. Wouldn't be overly surprised though if we saw a Macken/O'Malley combo against either Connacht or Edinburgh though.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Deccie's Christmas get together will mess up our side for the Connacht home game on the 29th which was sure to be a lively affair what with recent events

Ulster without Muller, Fez, Bowe, Tuohy tbc, Jackson tbc Peter Kay sorry Declan Fitzpatrick, McAllister

10/12 of Pienaar and Wallace is a dreamy channel for SOB and Goodman to run at
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon