Knowledgeable

Sexton off to France???

Post by Stuka »

sid
Mullet

Re: Sexton off to France???

Post by sid »

Oh great, this bullshit again.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

If he left, how would the IRFU respond?
It could be seen as the start of an exodus of top talent from here to France, just like what happened/ing to the welsh teams.
Will they impose a strict ban on representing the int team?
Is there any other leverage they have, apart from matching the french clubs on salaries?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

According to Bails it's a done deal. Sure didn't himself and his domesticated mongoose, Kiki, meet the Racing Metro resident radiographer's octoganerian mother-in-law in a Turkish bath-house in Izmir last week who confirmed as much, while sipping Oolong tea and chasing the dragon.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Apocrypha wrote:According to Bails it's a done deal. Sure didn't himself and his domesticated mongoose, Kiki, meet the Racing Metro resident radiographer's octoganerian mother-in-law in a Turkish bath-house in Izmir last week who confirmed as much, while sipping Oolong tea and chasing the dragon.
Brilliant image :happy clapper:
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Shaggy on newstalk. Sexton talk is true and he will have a big decision to make very soon.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

blockhead wrote:Shaggy on newstalk. Sexton talk is true and he will have a big decision to make very soon.
Elaborate please! Won't be able to listen to replay online for some time yet.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

ceemec wrote:
blockhead wrote:Shaggy on newstalk. Sexton talk is true and he will have a big decision to make very soon.
He was asked if it was just posturing from Sexton as we have seen in the past from others. Shaggy said it wasn't and that he believed an offer has been made by racing.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

blockhead wrote: He was asked if it was just posturing from Sexton as we have seen in the past from others. Shaggy said it wasn't and that he believed an offer has been made by racing.
Well there you go. Ta very much.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

IRFU ball is in your court
ROG off central contract this summer so surely worth the spend on Sexton and he'll be only centrally contracted out half
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

blockhead wrote:
ceemec wrote:
He was asked if it was just posturing from Sexton as we have seen in the past from others. Shaggy said it wasn't and that he believed an offer has been made by racing.
But I can't see Shaggy undermining the contract talks of a former team mate by not backing the story....I'd not read too much into that IMO.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

If the numbers being bandied about are even close to true then, in one way, I can't see how he could refuse to go - two years in Paris could set him up for life, financially speaking. I don't see any possible way that the IRFU could match the numbers being quoted in some of the French papers. (One of us will just have to win the Euromillions and donate his salary to Leinster Rugby for the next couple of years until the French millionaires stop sniffing around.)

He has some very tough decisions to make - not least of which will be family concerns and his very obvious love for Leinster Rugby. It appears Johnny and his fiancee are quite a private couple but I don't think there'd be too many young woman who would turn down the possibility of living the high life in Paris for a couple of years.

I'd hate to see him go but looking at it logically I can see all the reasons why he should :cry:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

Xanthippe wrote:If the numbers being bandied about are even close to true then, in one way, I can't see how he could refuse to go - two years in Paris could set him up for life, financially speaking. I don't see any possible way that the IRFU could match the numbers being quoted in some of the French papers. (One of us will just have to win the Euromillions and donate his salary to Leinster Rugby for the next couple of years until the French millionaires stop sniffing around.)

He has some very tough decisions to make - not least of which will be family concerns and his very obvious love for Leinster Rugby. It appears Johnny and his fiancee are quite a private couple but I don't think there'd be too many young woman who would turn down the possibility of living the high life in Paris for a couple of years.

I'd hate to see him go but looking at it logically I can see all the reasons why he should :cry:
Okay, I'll bite: what sort of money are we talking of here?
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

artaneboy wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:If the numbers being bandied about are even close to true then, in one way, I can't see how he could refuse to go - two years in Paris could set him up for life, financially speaking. I don't see any possible way that the IRFU could match the numbers being quoted in some of the French papers. (One of us will just have to win the Euromillions and donate his salary to Leinster Rugby for the next couple of years until the French millionaires stop sniffing around.)

Okay, I'll bite: what sort of money are we talking of here?
Report suggests UP TO 750k euro per year - who could blame him if that is true....
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

i'd have no problem with Sexton leaving but clearly i'd like him to stay, its (reputedly) far too good of an offer to turn down. A 2 year contract would probably leave him with a nice next egg of over a million sitting in a bank to put towards his retirement and he could still return home prior to the next world cup.

The IRFU's response will be interesting, having see ridiculous central contracts offered to players who were going nowhere such as ROG, DOC and Leamy in the last few years they need to take a long hard look at how they want to control the best players here.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Apocrypha wrote:According to Bails it's a done deal. Sure didn't himself and his domesticated mongoose, Kiki, meet the Racing Metro resident radiographer's octoganerian mother-in-law in a Turkish bath-house in Izmir last week who confirmed as much, while sipping Oolong tea and chasing the dragon.
Haha! Well in. Bails, it's over to you ...
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

We need to keep Jonny! He has been hamstrung by the Irish rugby team tactics and this needs to be considered in offering him a new contract. The next Irish coach will look to build the whole team around J10's attacking capability, this must be kept in mind!
No Jonny... No trophy!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Well having won three HEC here, why not head off on a new adventure.

Would hate to see him go, but wouldnt begrudge him the move either.
Rogocoko
Knowledgeable

Post by Rogocoko »

Munster. I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.