Contract renewals

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

tate
Shane Horgan

Re: Contract renewals

Post by tate »

BOD may have been taking photos of the first game his daughter came to. Let's not get too carried away until he actually says something.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Yeah but you'd only bring a baby out in that weather if you wanted her to be at one of her dad's games and it might have been last opportunity. Just my read. Hope it's wrong!
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Hickiefan wrote:Yeah but you'd only bring a baby out in that weather if you wanted her to be at one of her dad's games and it might have been last opportunity. Just my read. Hope it's wrong!
Yea but when it was time to leave for the match the weather was nowhere near as bad as that - I was out in just a sweatshirt with the coat rolled up in the bag.

(Grasping at straws)
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hickiefan wrote:Yeah but you'd only bring a baby out in that weather if you wanted her to be at one of her dad's games and it might have been last opportunity. Just my read. Hope it's wrong!
Let's not be too hasty, has anyone considered the fact that they might just be terrible parents?

I think I'd rather think that than think about his retirement tbh. :(
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

How do those Eskimos manage? All their children must not survive....... Oh wait. How are there Eskimos left?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

johng wrote:How do those Eskimos manage? All their children must not survive....... Oh wait. How are there Eskimos left?
Haven't igloo (a clue)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Goodman has re signed/leinster have taken up second year option on his contract according to Tasman Makos
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

See Ferris possibly off to Japan according to Thornley today. Given his lack of rugby recently mightn't be a bad move to get some game time in over the summer and be back this time next year a la Brad Thorne. Good cash and not the physicality of other leagues
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Bod just on OTB saying he won't make up his mind until after the Lions.

Says that Leinster have publicly stated that they will not be allowed to replace him with anyone non Irish, so he is under no pressure to make a decission.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Update

Special Cases
O'Driscoll No news yet....
Cullen Wants to stay

Top Players
Fitzgerald No news yet
Strauss No news yet

Tier 2
O'Malley No news yet
Ryan No news yet
Roux staying
Cronin staying
McGrath staying

Year to year
Goodman staying
Browne Possibly retire?

Younger Players
Cooney No news yet
Flanagan No news yet
Macken No news yet

Academy Year 3
Coghlan-Murray No news yet
Hudson No news yet
Marshall Staying
Murphy Staying
O'Connell Staying
Reid No news yet

Looks like we will have 6 Locks inc Marshall without a big NIQ signing, so perhaps no contract for Browne even if he can come back from injury.

I have put staying beside any player that has been announced in some way that is not official. (Including on this forum)

If a player has been officially announced either staying or going I have deleted them.

I STILL reckon no one will know about Bod (including himself) until the summer. Leo may announce sooner.

Fitz and Strauss are obviously the ones we STILL want tied down as soon as.

O'Malley and Ryan have had a lot of injury problems so I'd say they will not be going to another club.

Goodman staying has been announced in NZ.

Cooney, Flanagan, Macken I would say will be kept.

Hudson and Reid too, with SCM possibly getting a 4th year spot in the Academy as he missed much through illness.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

we can forgive BOD this/owe him, but any other playing saying he'd decide re contract for September in July would be told where to go

he does go we have 1 dimensional/samey partnership of Darce/Ferg or EOM gets 13 shirt, Isa could be a good 13 if he stays

for Irish 13's, Munster have no one worth taking, Connacht have good 12s and Henshaw (locked down), Farrell at Ulster only Irish based 13 with another province I can vaguely think of that would be worth considering, cant think of anyone based abroad unless theres some guy in NPC or something with Irish lineage
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

so Earls is a winger and you don't rate Cave?
bamboozle
Bookworm

Post by bamboozle »

much as i'd love to see BOD go on forever, if he gets selected for the Lions i'd be shocked if he doesnt announce his retirement from rugby upon completion of a 3 nil lions winning series.

He will want to leave on a high and i just cant see him playing just for Leinster next season. Wouldnt be surprised if he is fuming behind the scenes over the way DK gave Heaslip the captaincy.
naraic
Mullet

Post by naraic »

bamboozle wrote:much as i'd love to see BOD go on forever, if he gets selected for the Lions i'd be shocked if he doesnt announce his retirement from rugby upon completion of a 3 nil lions winning series.

He will want to leave on a high and i just cant see him playing just for Leinster next season. Wouldnt be surprised if he is fuming behind the scenes over the way DK gave Heaslip the captaincy.
He might want to see who the new Irish coach is. Would be a massive vote of confidence if bod extended his career to work with the new guy
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Bod needs to retire before he gets any more head injuries. The guy is jeopardising his future health and happiness.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

I'd take Lualala in a heartbeat, but I think if EOM remains injury free he'll surprise a lot of people outside of the Leinster circles.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

AdamK wrote:I'd take Lualala in a heartbeat, but I think if EOM remains injury free he'll surprise a lot of people outside of the Leinster circles.
That's the problem though it is always going to be "if EOM remains injury free"
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Yeah, exactly why I'd take Lualala. I think he's wasted down south. He'd thrive up here.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

AdamK wrote:I'd take Lualala in a heartbeat, but I think if EOM remains injury free he'll surprise a lot of people outside of the Leinster circles.
Barely looked interested for Munster this season. I've heard he's fishing for offers from Japan and Munster would be quite happy to let him out of his contract to be shot of him.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:so Earls is a winger and you don't rate Cave?
for comparing Earls and BOD as 13s I have reported you to the moderators; no matter what he thinks/wants Earls is very much a winger
was thinking of availability too, Cave good provincial player but first choice at Ulster so why would he leave? Theyve a chance of winning things these days unlike when Boss left

Laulala turned down Munster for Blues when moved hemispheres originally and that was blatantly financially motivated not rugby, salary cap comes in and he skedaddled. He's still best 13 at Munster and was brilliant in first season at Cardiff. Though Munster release him means we get first dibs on an NIQ 13