Non Irish Qualified O/H

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Stuka
Knowledgeable

Non Irish Qualified O/H

Post by Stuka »

I really hope that Madigan is allowed the time and space to become Leinster's number one O/H now. It would be a real shame if Leinster where to have a Knee jerk reaction to Judas Sexton (joke) leaving by signing some blow in on huge money. This could turn out to be a good thing for Leinster. I believe in Joe and the Leinster branch to make the right decisions.
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Non Irish Qualified O/H

Post by tackle-bag »

Get Benji Marshall to switch over from rugby league. Now that would be Leinstertainment!
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Stuka wrote:I really hope that Madigan is allowed the time and space to become Leinster's number one O/H now. It would be a real shame if Leinster where to have a Knee jerk reaction to Judas Sexton (joke) leaving by signing some blow in on huge money. This could turn out to be a good thing for Leinster. I believe in Joe and the Leinster branch to make the right decisions.
The flip-side of having Madigan as our first choice is what's behind him in the pecking order.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Reid...... Looks as good as Madigan did at his age, i.e. not great. Weak in defence though.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

Freddie Burns?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

johng wrote:Reid...... Looks as good as Madigan did at his age, i.e. not great. Weak in defence though.
I'm a 'Tarf man and I never belive Reid will be good enough even as back up to Madigan
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

Reid is not good enough. Goodman may get an extension out of this.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Leoslovechild wrote:
johng wrote:Reid...... Looks as good as Madigan did at his age, i.e. not great. Weak in defence though.
I'm a 'Tarf man and I never belive Reid will be good enough even as back up to Madigan
Straws.... Let me clutch them for just a few days.... Please.

In fairness. Madigan looked like he would be behind Ian McKinley at OH.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Degz wrote:Reid is not good enough. Goodman may get an extension out of this.
I'd rather see Berquist back
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
tackle-bag
Rhys Ruddock

Post by tackle-bag »

Degz wrote:Reid is not good enough. Goodman may get an extension out of this.
Totally agree. With the best will in the world, Reid has been pretty hopeless every time he has played for the first team. He's also been ropey enough in a couple of "A" games. I don't like to write a young lad off but would be very surprised if he gets another contract when his current deal expires.
"Hickie, scorching down the wing... God, I've missed saying that!" - Ryle Nugent
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I really, really want Madigan to be given a chance to start for Leinster. But we certainly to bring in someone new as back-up, which creates a conundrum. In principle, most of us believe in only signing NIQ players if they're top quality, because the mediocre ones just clog up the development of our young players. But we also want Madigan to start. Goodman is a bosh-it-up-the-middle type 12 for me, and while his profile says he can play 10, I'd be sceptical about his effectiveness there. Ditch Goodman and bring in a Nathan Spooner-type player.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Can we have Berrick Barnes please?

Covers 10 & 12. Two positions we need depth now.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Barnes would be great. We nearly got Giteau before, why not now?
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Degz wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Can we have Berrick Barnes please?

Covers 10 & 12. Two positions we need depth now.
Would have loved if we could have picked up flash Freddie from the Sharks (ie. before he was brought in from the cold)
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
dod
Knowledgeable

Post by dod »

What's the good doctor up to these days.. I'd take him back..
Bite and Belloq
Learner

Post by Bite and Belloq »

He doesn't fit the ideal profile in terms of a direct replacement but if we could hijack George Ford's move from Leicester to Bath I'd be happy. Well, less unhappy anyway.
Marta was watching the game with me when she said, "You know, most of these sports are based on the idea of one group protecting its territory from invasion by another group." "Yeah," I said, trying not to laugh. Girls are funny.
R-Dog
Graduate

Post by R-Dog »

Dan Carter fancy another European Holiday?
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

R-Dog wrote:Dan Carter fancy another European Holiday?
Especially given his last one ended so badly. He's now also won the world cup, and has little left to achieve in NZ. The only problem, again, would be competing with French clubs who could offer him a better salary. He may also feel like he was robbed of his French odyssey on the last occasion due to injury, but then again, he robbed Perpignan of 700 G's while barely playing a game.

IF we could stump up the €450,000 offer that Sexton received, it might be doable. I know the situation is different with the IRFU paying for central contracts, but surely a big spend like that is justifiable if it's presented as a good investment choice? Think of the income more trophy wins would spawn.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I would definitely like to see Madigan as number one choice at out-half, but we desperately need backup for him.

For the love of baby jesus christ, PLEASE do not have Noel Reid as our second choice 10!!! I'm hopefully for him as a player, but not as a 10. Never again as a 10, please lord. Unfortunately that might mean a Berquist / Beirne type signing as second choice.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Apocrypha
Graduate

Post by Apocrypha »

The whole point of letting Sexton go was to have Madigan playing HEC level from next season. Btw, Noel Reid is a joke - he handed us that B/I semi last season.