Thank you Isa

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Post Reply
User avatar
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6622
Joined: February 22nd, 2006, 4:22 pm
Location: Home for the Slightly Bewildered

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Focker even writes well.
A proud Winsome Fluter

User avatar
hugonaut
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5413
Joined: May 5th, 2009, 7:44 pm

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by hugonaut »

It's dusty as hell in here.

User avatar
bails
Graduate
Posts: 559
Joined: December 22nd, 2010, 7:45 pm
Location: Dublin

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by bails »

My favorite was the try he scored in a Pro 12 final at the RDS against the Ospreys. He caught our kick off and raced untouched to score

https://youtu.be/Y9eEHLV_kEo

2.08 mins in, what a try

Cianostays
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2859
Joined: April 20th, 2008, 1:48 pm
Location: Blackrock/Croke Park

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by Cianostays »

Yup. I welled up. He'll always be one of us.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.

User avatar
desperado
Mullet
Posts: 1263
Joined: May 7th, 2009, 8:10 pm
Location: location location

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by desperado »

in the search for a song..... with the 'brothers' theme so often alluded to in the past weeks and by Isa. how about ''Brothers in Arms'

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged higher
And though they did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms....

It doesn't have to be sang as low or as softly as Knofler does; neither do you need the great guitar solo... but maybe. Then again; it's hard to get Molly Malone going never mind Brothers in Arms. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdFe3evXpk

User avatar
artaneboy
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3418
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 8:46 pm
Location: closer than you think...

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by artaneboy »

desperado wrote:in the search for a song..... with the 'brothers' theme so often alluded to in the past weeks and by Isa. how about ''Brothers in Arms'

Through these fields of destruction
Baptisms of fire
I've witnessed your suffering
As the battle raged higher
And though they did hurt me so bad
In the fear and alarm
You did not desert me
My brothers in arms....

It doesn't have to be sang as low or as softly as Knofler does; neither do you need the great guitar solo... but maybe. Then again; it's hard to get Molly Malone going never mind Brothers in Arms. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhdFe3evXpk
That’s a great song, but as you say- can’t see it being easy to get going.

Might work for Glasgow though... That line, “My home is the lowlands and always will be.”


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"

User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6166
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by blockhead »

Bod chats to Isa on OTB
https://player.fm/series/rugby-on-off-the-ball

Heading off in July, kids have to finish school of course.
Coming back in October!!!!
For a testimonial in the Mansion House on October 3rd.

Of course, Peg Leg probably knows all of this.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!

User avatar
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9542
Joined: February 1st, 2010, 6:08 pm
Location: Procrastinasia
Contact:

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by Peg Leg »

blockhead wrote:Bod chats to Isa on OTB
https://player.fm/series/rugby-on-off-the-ball

Heading off in July, kids have to finish school of course.
Coming back in October!!!!
For a testimonial in the Mansion House on October 3rd.

Of course, Peg Leg probably knows all of this.
Yeah he called over on Tuesday to borrow some leg parts. Watch this space Isa 3.0
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan

User avatar
LeinsterLeader
Mullet
Posts: 1850
Joined: May 23rd, 2010, 8:51 pm

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Apologies if this has been posted else where, but well worth a watch.

Probably the same stuff as in the audio file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAanRQFFKuc

User avatar
fourthirtythree
Rob Kearney
Posts: 9454
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:33 pm
Location: Eight miles high

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Apologies if this has been posted else where, but well worth a watch.

Probably the same stuff as in the audio file.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAanRQFFKuc
That was exceptional.
Datta: what have we given?
My friend, blood shaking my heart
The awful daring of a moment's surrender
Which an age of prudence can never retract
What the thunder said to Brian Lenihan

User avatar
cormac
Shane Jennings
Posts: 5888
Joined: May 24th, 2006, 2:05 pm

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by cormac »

Isa currently doing the co-commentary on the Waikato v Hawke's Bay match on Sky Sports Action
Look out Itchy, he's Irish

User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6166
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by blockhead »

You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!

elephantman
Learner
Posts: 87
Joined: February 19th, 2018, 11:42 am

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by elephantman »

Interesting comments from Isa recently. Says he keeps an eye out for players in his neck of the woods to recommend to Leinster but it’s not a formal thing.

Also talks about getting involved in coaching and maybe coaching Leinster one day. Says he could return to Dublin at some stage.

I’d post the link but I’m technologically challenged. Should be easy enough to find, in the Indo and not behind the paywall.

riocard911
Isa Nacewa
Posts: 2218
Joined: July 27th, 2015, 10:42 pm

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by riocard911 »

elephantman wrote:Interesting comments from Isa recently. Says he keeps an eye out for players in his neck of the woods to recommend to Leinster but it’s not a formal thing.

Also talks about getting involved in coaching and maybe coaching Leinster one day. Says he could return to Dublin at some stage.

I’d post the link but I’m technologically challenged. Should be easy enough to find, in the Indo and not behind the paywall.
Here you go: https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 47719.html

alanair
Graduate
Posts: 704
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 5:54 pm

Re: Thank you Isa

Post by alanair »

Top, top guy !!

Post Reply