'Beach' games need to be reduced

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Colm wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Yes
I think you should check that out ... I disagree.
Well obviously I've no way of backing it up, but within 15 minutes of Donnybrook covers a large section of the city.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Duff Paddy wrote:
Colm wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:Yes
I think you should check that out ... I disagree.
Well obviously I've no way of backing it up, but within 15 minutes of Donnybrook covers a large section of the city.
Certainly not on a Friday night!!! But sure we never play then anyway.... :cry:
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Duff Paddy wrote:
Colm wrote: I think you should check that out ... I disagree.
Certainly not on a Friday night!!! But sure we never play then anyway.... :cry:
I meant by helicopter. We are Leinster supporters after all.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Duff Paddy wrote:Well obviously I've no way of backing it up, but within 15 minutes of Donnybrook covers a large section of the city.
A large section of the SOUTHSIDE you mean? 15 mins would get you on an average journey to as far north as South Quays, as far south as Leopardstown, as far west as Terenure.

What about (to name a few)
- Clondalkin
- Skerries
- Clontarf
- Carlow
- Kilkenny
- Wexford
- Louth

All of the above have a substantial rugby presence.

I'm not trying to start an argument but I think people should think outside the box and travel wherever to support LEINSTER and not stick to one place because it's convenient to them.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Duff Paddy wrote:I meant by helicopter. We are Leinster supporters after all.
We can always request a helicopter Landing Spot in Tallagh/Dalymount ... :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: There's always the northside - cue the excuses

Post by Dave Cahill »

T.C.B. wrote:
Dalymount would be good, not least because it's only down the road from me :D but also it is on the 10 bus route that goes through DB so easy to head back there after a match if people want to collect their cars or go for pints in Madigans or Kielys.
I was about to suggest this too!
I have Bumbleflex
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:
T.C.B. wrote:
Dalymount would be good, not least because it's only down the road from me :D but also it is on the 10 bus route that goes through DB so easy to head back there after a match if people want to collect their cars or go for pints in Madigans or Kielys.
Great minds DC. Great minds.....
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

T.C.B. wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
T.C.B. wrote: Dalymount would be good, not least because it's only down the road from me :D but also it is on the 10 bus route that goes through DB so easy to head back there after a match if people want to collect their cars or go for pints in Madigans or Kielys.
Great minds DC. Great minds.....
Fools seldom, TCB, Fools seldom... :lol:
I have Bumbleflex
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Next Year

Post by crumlinbob »

With Lansdowne and the RDS unavailable for the Heineken Cup next year and Donnybrook limited to 6 - 7 thousand there should be quite a demand for season tickets this summer. Presumably the branch will make sure there is grass on the pitch for the Heineken Cup matches!
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

Lash a fock load of temporary seating into Marley Park or somewhere
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
T.C.B.
Seán Cronin

Post by T.C.B. »

Dave Cahill wrote:Fools seldom, TCB, Fools seldom... :lol:
Sssshhhh!

:roll:
"It's all fun and games 'till someone loses an eye, then it's just fun you can't see" - James Hetfield
upfront_1979
Knowledgeable

Post by upfront_1979 »

Could someone not call in ground force to solve the problem? Extreme makover of donnybrook would be well cool. whole pitch fixed up and a lovely set of borders thrown in all in a weekends work. . Sorted. :lol:
'I love ball carrying. I see it as being one of the primal parts of rugby - getting the ball and running at the opposition,'
epaddy
Shane Horgan

Post by epaddy »

upfront_1979 wrote:Could someone not call in ground force to solve the problem? Extreme makover of donnybrook would be well cool. whole pitch fixed up and a lovely set of borders thrown in all in a weekends work. . Sorted. :lol:
Maybe a water feature too
*** image removed by mod ***

Epaddy, Freedom Fighter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

According to this mornings Irish Times theres nothing wrong with the way the grass was resown. . .it will fix itself over the summer break. . .the branch have been assured that no more money will have to be spent on it.

I ask this question (and it maybe for another post). . .how has Mr Dawson still got a job ??. . .he doesnt seem to have the b*%&!cks to tell the schools where to go. . and as such the Professional team are paying the price (in having to play on a shoddy pitch).
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

sheepshagger wrote:how has Mr Dawson still got a job ??. . .he doesnt seem to have the b*%&!cks to tell the schools where to go. . and as such the Professional team are paying the price (in having to play on a shoddy pitch).
How many times do you have to be given the same answer - the schools are the PAST and the schools are the FUTURE.

They have always supplied our best players and will always supply our best players.

I have only lately come to the realisation that this is the case - Leinster Rugby exists solely to celebrate its past traditions and to honour its future stars. The present simply doesn't matter.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sheepshagger wrote:According to this mornings Irish Times theres nothing wrong with the way the grass was resown. . .it will fix itself over the summer break. . .the branch have been assured that no more money will have to be spent on it.

I ask this question (and it maybe for another post). . .how has Mr Dawson still got a job ??. . .he doesnt seem to have the b*%&!cks to tell the schools where to go. . and as such the Professional team are paying the price (in having to play on a shoddy pitch).
The schools are more important than the pro team. The sooner you lads accept that the better!
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Mort

Of course the schools are the future of . . .that DOESNT mean thay have to play on the number 1 pitch for the province.

Playing on Donnybrook should be something that is special and earned. . if the schools have to play on it, then its should be just the Finals.

In this professional day and age you cant expect Professional guys to play on such a poor surface. . .I wouldnt want/expect to work in an unsafe workplace so why should we expect the players to?

All this talking about moving to another venue. . .why are we moving a professional outfit that generates revenue (which is ultimatly put back into the schools system). . .why can the Schools not move ??

They have to move some of the schools games off the main pitch.
Colm
Mullet

Post by Colm »

Duff Paddy wrote:The schools are more important than the pro team. The sooner you lads accept that the better!
With the amount of coverage they're getting on Setanta - I wouldn't be bloody surprised!
Duff Paddy
Shane Jennings

Post by Duff Paddy »

sheepshagger wrote:Playing on Donnybrook should be something that is special and earned. . if the schools have to play on it, then its should be just the Finals.
The senior cup finals (and even the semi finals) are played in Lansdowne as they get crowds bigger than Donnybrook can take.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Duff

I know LR host some of the Senior Cup games and yes they do get bigger crowds. . . the state of the pitch does not lie. . the ground simply can not sustain the amount of games it currently handles.