RTE and Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: RTE and Leinster

Post by Peg Leg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Agree that everything in the OP was a joke.

Another thing is how poor the actual coverage was. It was very difficult to see what was happening in the scrums, and they should really have had another camera angle for Rob's try and for when Bod was blocked.
The defence of the hit on bod was pants, it was wrong, well done but wrong.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Nige gives Leinster a scrum pen early on for Killer pulling down on Rosses shirt. Killer is shown on a replay at a later scrum doing exactly the same but Nigel have given M a pen for some other scrum infringement - cant remember what. Regardless Lenihan et al mention the Killers 'shirt pulling down ' but gloss over it. Killer never once bound correctly. He pulling down so much on Rossers shirt his hand was touching or at most 6 " from the ground. He never stopped doing it throughout but was only pinged once. BTW did Mc Dermott sneak off for pints downtown - don't recall and 'front line ' 'analysis ' from him.
dropkick
Rhys Ruddock

Post by dropkick »

Good win tonight lads and a good game given the conditions but I have to say theres some inferiority complex on display here.
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Do salt of the earth Munster men have dibs on overcoming inferiority complexes?
Hickiefan
Rob Kearney

Post by Hickiefan »

Have to agree that it was appalling bias tonight. The lineout steal on their own throw took the fecking biscuit! insult to viewers. The excuses for PO'C were something else (reckless even if accidental. Imagine it was Leo on Zebo...).

If I could drop RTE I would and save myself the license fee. Any place that pays Brendan O'Connor €200k cannot be trusted.
Qui me amat, amet et Leinsterum meum.
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

dropkick wrote:Good win tonight lads and a good game given the conditions but I have to say theres some inferiority complex on display here.
I will bitch about RTE's rugby coverage any time, any place. Domestic, European or Test level it's all shite.
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

dropkick wrote:Good win tonight lads and a good game given the conditions but I have to say theres some inferiority complex on display here.
:lol: there's also a few pots calling kettles a very dark colour.
Dont Panic!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

71 mins in and it's the restart after BOD's try. Nugent: "I see Andrew Conway has come into the game for Leinster". That he somehow forgot Kearney being stretchered off the pitch isn't bias, it's plain vanilla incompetence (by the truckload).
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I was near enough the commentary box, Ryle and Jim were both visible, furiously masturbating (as is very,very audible in the commentary) to the matchday programme picture of Denis Hurley. That also explains how Lenihan seemed to miss much of what was actually happening in the match, such was his preoccupation.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

tate wrote:
I will bitch about RTE's rugby coverage any time, any place. Domestic, European or Test level it's all shite.
Agreed. The coverage is seriously wretched irrespective of the competition. It deserves criticism but clearly they relish in it. As someone else here said before, if RTE had any respect for rugby viewers they would have removed George Hook a long time ago. But there are stll enough event junkie fans who think he knows what he's talking about.

I met Ryle Nugent in Buenos Aires in 2007. He was a nice, pleasant guy. But his commentating is so embarrassing. I hate the way he answers his own questions too.
Is there any sense of a European hangover after their exploits last week? Surely not
This link would suggest he thinks he is one of the great commentators of his time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN34NOeHrn0

Shudderingly cringeworthy.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Stuka wrote:Dara O'Dodgybet is the worst I think. He is a sneer.
Worked with Daire during the 2007 RWC with Setanta. One of the soundest blokes you could meet. Extremely friendly and very kind too - he ordered a big batch of donuts out of his own pocket for all the team working at one of the games, which is about 20 people.

I think he just enjoys banter and having a laugh. Off camera he hardly ever watched a game. He'd be out smoking or talking to researchers, techies, tea ladies, you name it.

Paul Dempsey, on the other hand, was a pretentious, arrogant, egotistical tw@t.
Broken Wing
Shane Jennings

Post by Broken Wing »

They didn't even include BO'D's game winning try in the end credit highlights.

RTÉ's commentary just makes a Leinster victory that much sweeter.
Champions of Europe 09, 11 & 12!
Pro 12 and Challenge Cup Champions 13!
Pro 12 Champions 14!
Magners League Champions 08!
Best supported in the Magners League 08 & 11!
crumlinbob
Bookworm

Post by crumlinbob »

Unbelieveable one eyed commentary from start to finish. In the lead up to BOD's try Nugent mentions "brilliant munster play". Great defense allright but what about a mention of Leinster going through 25 phases with a slippery ball in very wet and windy conditions. Is that not brilliant play also? They were both clearly disapointed when BOD's try was given by TMO (who made a shocker of a decision for RK's try). The excuses given for the kick on DK were nauseating. Nugent even suggesting DK took the ball back in toward him just before the kick or Lenihan suggesting he was concussed frim the fall which in some way gave POC carte blanch to kick a head, any head. I really like POC but that kick was at a minimum reckless and deserving a ban.
Life's a lot more fun when you're not responsible for your actions.
illthinkofsomething
Bookworm

Post by illthinkofsomething »

suisse wrote:
tate wrote:
Agreed. The coverage is seriously wretched irrespective of the competition. It deserves criticism but clearly they relish in it. As someone else here said before, if RTE had any respect for rugby viewers they would have removed George Hook a long time ago. But there are stll enough event junkie fans who think he knows what he's talking about.

I met Ryle Nugent in Buenos Aires in 2007. He was a nice, pleasant guy. But his commentating is so embarrassing. I hate the way he answers his own questions too.
Is there any sense of a European hangover after their exploits last week? Surely not
This link would suggest he thinks he is one of the great commentators of his time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tN34NOeHrn0

Shudderingly cringeworthy.
children's televisions loss is sports gain! Imagine him opening a Wiggles gig.......dynamite!
2009 2011 2012
Lions me hole, I have no interest in watching Irishmen getting injured playing for England in Welsh shirts....it has a ring of the Somme to it
rpurfield
Beginner

Post by rpurfield »

glad im not the only one annoyed listening to that clap trap last night.it was awful stuff from them i dont even bother listening to half time or pre match anymore i go do something useful!as ive mentioned elsewhere pity we cant cite and ban nugent and lenihan for a few weeks instead of POC
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Frustration perhaps, but not often you'll see a Ferrari driver have an inferiority complex over his neighbor who's driving a clapped out Lada.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Logorrhea wrote:
domhnallj wrote:I did enjoy Donal wanking on about how Munster were disrupting Leinster line out ball - only problem was it was a Munster line out.
Was a right doozey that one.

Varley fecks one at the front, Munster desperately gather and Lenihan is all full of praise about how they disrupted Leinster ball.
twas his realm but Lenihan creams himself over any Munster lineout win, see everything said about Nagle after one good game for the past 3 years
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Oulart wrote:
domhnallj wrote:I did enjoy Donal wanking on about how Munster were disrupting Leinster line out ball - only problem was it was a Munster line out.
And on the replay stuck to the story! Insulting the viewer that sort of delusional bias,

Leave the licence fee thieves to show their traditional cheap reality shite and then hopefully go bust! Sky Sports please take over. I know you read Babbling Brook!
They're partial to slobbering over the MunsterKn*b as well. But on balance as long as Hook is nowhere to be seen or heard thats a result. I can handle the rest of them of by turning the voulme down. I watched it in a pub and so couldn't hear much of the commentary. So I was lucky, but when the half time discussion began the sight of Hook speaking made me nauseatious.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Schumi
Enlightened

Post by Schumi »

crumlinbob wrote:what about a mention of Leinster going through 25 phases with a slippery ball in very wet and windy conditions. Is that not brilliant play also?
Only if it ends in a drop goal.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Schumi wrote:
crumlinbob wrote:what about a mention of Leinster going through 25 phases with a slippery ball in very wet and windy conditions. Is that not brilliant play also?
Only if it ends in a drop goal.
:lol:
Dont Panic!