Shane Jennings

RTE and Leinster

Post by TerenureJim »

RTE and Leinster discuss.....
Oulart
Learner

Re: RTE and Leinster

Post by Oulart »

With that sort of bias, we should buy ourselves out of the Contract and sell to Sky Sports
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

at least shaggy gives us a voice, even if he is too even handed. Lenihan, Ward, Sheehan, Corcoran . . .
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

Dara O'Dodgybet is the worst I think. He is a sneer.
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Do RTE show the same amount of Leinster games than Munster games?
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

You'd swear there was one Irish team out there today, I just don't get it, maybe I'm insane but there just seems to a continual ABL thing going on at Montrose. By the end of tonight's game when we'd won you'd have sworn that someone shat in Ryle and Donal's cornflakes.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

tate wrote:at least shaggy gives us a voice, even if he is too even handed. Lenihan, Ward, Sheehan, Corcoran . . .
Ralph Keyes will be devastated to have been left off that list.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I did enjoy Donal wanking on about how Munster were disrupting Leinster line out ball - only problem was it was a Munster line out.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Eristic
Knowledgeable

Post by Eristic »

It's funny, in Turnipstan they think RTE are pro Leinster.
At least they nauseate equally.
Noel Reid and James Rodriguez were separated at birth.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

domhnallj wrote:I did enjoy Donal wanking on about how Munster were disrupting Leinster line out ball - only problem was it was a Munster line out.
Was a right doozey that one.

Varley fecks one at the front, Munster desperately gather and Lenihan is all full of praise about how they disrupted Leinster ball.
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Its not just with Leinster, its also when Ireland are playing, clueless one sided commentary. With Leinster it comes to the fore as we are on the receiving end of it, Ryle with his fetish for all things red and breathless panting over all things Zebo is an embarrassment . Lenihan is a the same as ever he was, a munster fanboy. I hope the Troika dynamite montrose, I'd rather stream or pay Murdoch 50 quid a moth then have to listen to more of their bullshit.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
Oulart
Learner

Post by Oulart »

domhnallj wrote:I did enjoy Donal wanking on about how Munster were disrupting Leinster line out ball - only problem was it was a Munster line out.
And on the replay stuck to the story! Insulting the viewer that sort of delusional bias,

Leave the licence fee thieves to show their traditional cheap reality shite and then hopefully go bust! Sky Sports please take over. I know you read Babbling Brook!
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

cormac wrote:
tate wrote:at least shaggy gives us a voice, even if he is too even handed. Lenihan, Ward, Sheehan, Corcoran . . .
Ralph Keyes will be devastated to have been left off that list.
he's outside with the turnips kitchen sink
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
TimD
Bookworm

Post by TimD »

I actually muted the commentary I found it that bad. When goodman knocked on in a tackle and they started comparing it to the blatant POM one in the first half was the final straw.

I will admit to turning the sound back on when Jamie won the turnover at the end to hear them!
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Ryle's a disgrace... somebody get on border patrol , and dont let the muppet back in to civilization...He belongs in Turnipstan...
Chengleng1
Learner

Post by Chengleng1 »

TimD wrote:I actually muted the commentary I found it that bad. When goodman knocked on in a tackle and they started comparing it to the blatant POM one in the first half was the final straw.

I will admit to turning the sound back on when Jamie won the turnover at the end to hear them!
This.
If they stopped bleating for a second you could Nige say that it was knocked on in the tackle unlike POMs.
TimD
Bookworm

Post by TimD »

Chengleng1 wrote:
TimD wrote:I actually muted the commentary I found it that bad. When goodman knocked on in a tackle and they started comparing it to the blatant POM one in the first half was the final straw.

This.
If they stopped bleating for a second you could Nige say that it was knocked on in the tackle unlike POMs.
The worst part was when they watched it in slow motion and still thought it was the same. I couldn't figure out whether they were purposefully ignoring what they were seeing or if there is actually something wrong with their vision.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Agree that everything in the OP was a joke.

Another thing is how poor the actual coverage was. It was very difficult to see what was happening in the scrums, and they should really have had another camera angle for Rob's try and for when Bod was blocked.
crisco10
Graduate

Post by crisco10 »

I actually laughed when I heard how disappointed Ryle sounded when he was watching the TMO for BOD's try.
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

That one really got on my nerves alright.

It's funny how so many things Munster do have adjectives such as "wonderful", "brilliant", or "superb" attached to them. Phrases describing Leinster moves are rarely so embellished.

I did take particular pleasure in the way the way the two turnips became so begrudging when we got the try, having spent most of the half creaming themselves at how brilliant Munster were.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.