O'Connell not cited

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

firhousefan
Beginner

Re: O'Connell not cited

Post by firhousefan »

Broken Wing wrote:
red49 wrote:And here is a tweet from the guy who seems to be forgotten in the hysteria around poc over on this site .
He's clearly still concussed.
:lol: :lol:
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

red49 wrote:And here is a tweet from the guy who seems to be forgotten in the hysteria around poc over on this site .
glad to see that Dave Kearney is ok. i already gave my take on the incident, it was an awkward looking kick but not for one instant do i think there was any intent to kick DK on purpose, it was accidental.
time to move on.

Dave Kearney ‏@kearney_dave 22h Thanks 2 everybody for their kind msgs of concern!Feeling a lot better today.Grt 2 get the win down in Thomond.serious support as per usual!

Hysteria? GTF.

The mad ginger Saint kicked a prone player on the head. Whether he meant it or not matters not one iota. He volleyed him in the chops and has got off scot free.

The bit underlined, its now Monday, i'd say he does feel a bit better 2 days after getting kicked in the head for his troubles.

Hopefully, this incident will follow St Paulie around now and his thuggery will be scrutinised a bit more in the future(pity Sky didnt cover the match).

Becoming the norm now that our players are on the recieving of Munster assaults.
3 Gold Stars
colster
Knowledgeable

Post by colster »

glad to see that Dave Kearney is ok. i already gave my take on the incident, it was an awkward looking kick but not for one instant do i think there was any intent to kick DK on purpose, it was accidental.
time to move on.

Dave Kearney ‏@kearney_dave 22h Thanks 2 everybody for their kind msgs of concern!Feeling a lot better today.Grt 2 get the win down in Thomond.serious support as per usual!
Don't think he was forgotten. People were asking about his well being in the match thread and someone even posted this tweet already.
http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... ve#p536185
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Absolute shocking decision not to cite him. It doesn't matter a bog that he didn't mean to kick him full force in the head. OF COURSE he didnt mean to kick him full force in the head, but he did.

People have been locked up for less!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

simonno6 wrote:Image

Absolute shocking decision not to cite him. It doesn't matter a bog that he didn't mean to kick him full force in the head. OF COURSE he didnt mean to kick him full force in the head, but he did.

People have been locked up for less!
OK..... Now you are getting hysterical.
Panasonic
Beginner

Post by Panasonic »

colster wrote:Can't believe it. I wonder what the reaction would be like if, in the Semifinal, Cudmore kicks Paul O'Kickall in the head while on the ground.
We will know soon.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Royston Sole wrote:By the look of Turnipfans.com, there'll be no tarmacadam spread anywhere in Munster this afternoon. Most of the larger Limerick off-licences have already started rationing cans of Bulmers; only a dozen cans allowed per customer.
It's honestly nothing to do with him being a Munster player. I'd be surprised if anybody here didn't respect him and secretly wish he was born in Wexford. However, I think people are pissed because
1. Despite the trivialisation of it all Dave not only didn't have the opportunity to defend himself but because he was blindsided he couldn't even brace.
2. Because though there aren't many players who would deliberately go out to injure somebody, players do stupid and reckless things in the heat of a game. These include honest and decent players like oconnell or indeed Odriscoll or Hayes. And if you do something stupid and dangerous on a rugby pitch there are consequences unfortunately.

God knows the game is hard and dangerous enough without allowing this kind of stuff to happen unchecked.

FlashGordon.
Well said at last we agree on something
leinster10
Knowledgeable

Post by leinster10 »

Royston Sole wrote:By the look of Turnipfans.com, there'll be no tarmacadam spread anywhere in Munster this afternoon. Most of the larger Limerick off-licences have already started rationing cans of Bulmers; only a dozen cans allowed per customer.
Some people need to grow up, what has a munster fan got to do with the incident, I have always liked Poc and would consider him and honest player, sexton got 2 weeks for kicking someone in the head with intent, I would have thought the right decision would have been 1 week as there was no intent but it was reckless, having played 9 I can recall at least half a dozen times I've been kicked in the head, being dragged into rucks and shoe comes in to dislodge, I can't say I ever sought revenge as on all occasions there was a lack of intent, dont think kearney would either ,it's an unfortunate part of the game, but happens none the less, if there was no ball there I would be going crazy but there was, 1 week should have been imposed.
red49
Knowledgeable

Post by red49 »

colster wrote:
time to move on.

Don't think he was forgotten. People were asking about his well being in the match thread and someone even posted this tweet already.
http://forum.leinsterfans.com/viewtopic ... ve#p536185
Apologies, hadnt seen it
Retired
janeymac08
Mullet

Post by janeymac08 »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
time to move on.

Hysteria? GTF.

The mad ginger Saint kicked a prone player on the head. Whether he meant it or not matters not one iota. He volleyed him in the chops and has got off scot free.

The bit underlined, its now Monday, i'd say he does feel a bit better 2 days after getting kicked in the head for his troubles.

Hopefully, this incident will follow St Paulie around now and his thuggery will be scrutinised a bit more in the future(pity Sky didnt cover the match).

Becoming the norm now that our players are on the recieving of Munster assaults.
How do you kick someone with your shin?
The verdict achieved on examining the video footage was that O'Connell's shin came into contact with Kearney's head, but that his foot made contact with the ball, meaning the incident was not an insidious act of foul play.

The incident occurred in the 62nd minute of the clash in Limerick, when O'Connell attempted to kick the ball from Kearney's grasp and caught the winger's head with his leg as he attempted to do so.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rabo-dire ... rney-kick/
ribs
Mullet

Post by ribs »

I'm only letting this go if Dk is named in the team to play Zebre. Otherwise Leinster continues to get punished.
...a beautiful weighted pass...it is 3 on 2...it is 3 on 1...Hickie!...Magnificent!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

ribs wrote:I'm only letting this go if Dk is named in the team to play Zebre. Otherwise Leinster continues to get punished.
I seriously hope he is NOT named in that team. We need him in the next few weeks but I won't be disappointed if the doctors decide he shouldn't play. I'd doubt it, but I wouldn't be disappointed.

And yes Jong that great "try" we scored before RWC '07 which kept our 6N era unbeaten run against Italy alive. We've often complained about games with utterly crazy and one-eyed citing commissioners, touch judges, and TMOs in Wales (of course Wales!). This game on Saturday had the perfect trifecta of partisan officials. And it was in Ireland. We need never mock Wales again as no game in Wales sank that low in my memory.
Last edited by fourthirtythree on April 15th, 2013, 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

janeymac08 wrote:
Sauvignon Blank wrote:
time to move on.

Hysteria? GTF.

How do you kick someone with your shin?

http://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/rabo-dire ... rney-kick/

Dunno, never tried it. But here's how Saint Paulie uses his boot(to great effect I might add).

3 Gold Stars
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

Can't imagine that there wouldn't have been a citing if Leo had kicked Zebo in the head in such a way. Also, I'm pretty certain that if the incident had been that way round, then all hell would have broken loose with the Munster forwards piling in from all over the field throwing digs, to let the ref know exactly how disgusted they were with what had happened.

Anyhow, time to put it to bed now and move on. The 'independent' citing commissioner from the IRFU has decided that there's no case to answer so that's that.
Last edited by Bones on April 15th, 2013, 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

Some of the commentary and hysteria over on the Munster Fans POC citing thread is hilarious. Some of them lads are foaming at the mouth with indignation at the very suggestion that POC could have been cited. The anti-Leinster gobshiteism is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. I've been checking in every few hours to get me through the Monday blues. Some real gems there.

Check out the comment from this cabbage boiler:

Sepico
Munster Dog of War
A lot off this cr@p is coming from the fact that they know the tide is turning. We put out a pack on a 6 day turnaround missing 3 players and dominated them at scrum, line out and the breakdown with kids. It's just the 'fear' that they are suffering from. Instead of posting about the game they try and deflect with talk of POC

I'll break down each of our respective seasons results so far to put the above in context:

Leinster
Played 27 Won 20 Drawn 0 Lost 7 Points Scored 679 Conceded 469

Munster
Played 27 Won 15 Drawn 1 Lost 11 Points Scored 524 Conceded 407

And to think Leinster have suffered possibly the worst injury crisis in the first half of the season I've ever seen. We havn't done bad considering, and still in with a good chance of winning the PRO12 and the Amlin Challenge. Munster, yeah granted they've gone a bit further in the HC this year, but thats where it ends because Clermont are going to toss them around like an U-12's girls soccer team. No one will remember the losing semi-finalists.

Strangest tide I've ever seen turning.
The Bird is the Word
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

The more I see it, the angrier I get. Just look at where Dave's head is and where the focking ball is! And he clearly does not "get the ball at the same time", whatever gobshite decided to sugarcoat it like that.

Absolutely disgraceful that he wasn't cited.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Bones
Mullet

Post by Bones »

Ultra Vires wrote:thats where it ends because Clermont are going to toss them around like an U-12's girls soccer team.
I wouldn't be half as sure of that as you are. Yes, Clermont are a better all round team than Munster at this point in time, I don't think there's too much argument about that, but this is knock out cup rugby and anything can happen on the day.
LENSTA
Knowledgeable

Post by LENSTA »

#ScrapTheLions
Ultra Vires
Knowledgeable

Post by Ultra Vires »

Bones wrote:
Ultra Vires wrote:thats where it ends because Clermont are going to toss them around like an U-12's girls soccer team.
I wouldn't be half as sure of that as you are. Yes, Clermont are a better all round team than Munster at this point in time, I don't think there's too much argument about that, but this is knock out cup rugby and anything can happen on the day.
Nothing is ever 100% certain, but Clermont are on a mission for redemption with one of the biggest and most potent teams around. When was the last time Munster won a knock out game in the south of France?
The Bird is the Word
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Ultra Vires wrote:Some of the commentary and hysteria over on the Munster Fans POC citing thread is hilarious. Some of them lads are foaming at the mouth with indignation at the very suggestion that POC could have been cited. The anti-Leinster gobshiteism is guaranteed to put a smile on your face. I've been checking in every few hours to get me through the Monday blues. Some real gems there.

Check out the comment from this cabbage boiler:

Sepico
Munster Dog of War
A lot off this cr@p is coming from the fact that they know the tide is turning. We put out a pack on a 6 day turnaround missing 3 players and dominated them at scrum, line out and the breakdown with kids. It's just the 'fear' that they are suffering from. Instead of posting about the game they try and deflect with talk of POC

I'll break down each of our respective seasons results so far to put the above in context:

Leinster
Played 27 Won 20 Drawn 0 Lost 7 Points Scored 679 Conceded 469

Munster
Played 27 Won 15 Drawn 1 Lost 11 Points Scored 524 Conceded 407

And to think Leinster have suffered possibly the worst injury crisis in the first half of the season I've ever seen. We havn't done bad considering, and still in with a good chance of winning the PRO12 and the Amlin Challenge. Munster, yeah granted they've gone a bit further in the HC this year, but thats where it ends because Clermont are going to toss them around like an U-12's girls soccer team. No one will remember the losing semi-finalists.

Strangest tide I've ever seen turning.
In a moment of bored madness I went over to browse their site a few years ago - there is no fuggin' way I am going back. It's populated exclusively by morons.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation