Mullet

Re: Amlin Final Tickets

Post by Bosco »

Row F Seat 12, should be ok, they are €40 tickets
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Unlike Lansdowne you should have enough elevation to get a clear view in row F, being closer to the pitch doesn't help in the low seats there, it does in the RDS.

I got two different sets, one pretty good, one not so good.

My first year in the RDS I had fantastic seats on the half way in the GS but used them only at the ERC matches as they put my family somewhere else for some reason I can't recall...
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

TheBear wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Around the 22 line, maybe wrong side of it depending on the number. RDS Grandstand is quite a distance away from the pitch, what with the hedgerow and all that.
Hedgerow is in front of the Anglesea stand, rather than the Grandstand.
Your post above was correct, but this isn't - there's a hedge in front of the grandstand too! Just at the pitch side. The stands don't go down to pitch level (probably because of this) so we're saved front row syndrome. Mind you they sometimes have put temporary seats in front of the normal ones there, everyone stands up when they do.
Metal
Bookworm

Post by Metal »

Our season tickets are Row E near the 22 in the Grandstand, Bosco, great view you'll enjoy it there...(result permitting of course!!)
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

fourthirtythree wrote:There's a hedge in front of the grandstand too! Just at the pitch side. The stands don't go down to pitch level (probably because of this) so we're saved front row syndrome. Mind you they sometimes have put temporary seats in front of the normal ones there, everyone stands up when they do.
That's a good point - if Leinster make the final I suspect we will get up to the 20,000 we had for clermont qf with additoinal seating in the front rows and the south stand (?) extension.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

fourthirtythree wrote:
TheBear wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:Around the 22 line, maybe wrong side of it depending on the number. RDS Grandstand is quite a distance away from the pitch, what with the hedgerow and all that.
Hedgerow is in front of the Anglesea stand, rather than the Grandstand.
Your post above was correct, but this isn't - there's a hedge in front of the grandstand too! Just at the pitch side. The stands don't go down to pitch level (probably because of this) so we're saved front row syndrome. Mind you they sometimes have put temporary seats in front of the normal ones there, everyone stands up when they do.
Fair enough.

I have no idea how I haven't noticed that over the past four years, but it wouldn't be entirely out of character for me.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

Metal wrote:Our season tickets are Row E near the 22 in the Grandstand, Bosco, great view you'll enjoy it there...(result permitting of course!!)
Cheers, but if I am enjoying the view, its not good for Leinster fans, if Leinster make the final, I will pass the tickets on to a Leinster fan
Metal
Bookworm

Post by Metal »

Bosco wrote:
Metal wrote:Our season tickets are Row E near the 22 in the Grandstand, Bosco, great view you'll enjoy it there...(result permitting of course!!)
Cheers, but if I am enjoying the view, its not good for Leinster fans, if Leinster make the final, I will pass the tickets on to a Leinster fan
Ah sure you can wear your blue away jersey for the night,,,(assuming of course that.....)
Bosco
Mullet

Post by Bosco »

I already have a Stade jersey....
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

[Jackass] wrote:
rosscarrick wrote:Sure, I bought the Amlin Fianl tickets not thinking Leinster would even be in the competition. If Leinster get there - what a bonus!!
Same. Bought the tickets in the hope of seeing a good warm up game before Leinster do the 3 in a row the following day! :oops:
Me too. I thought it would be fun to stand on the terrace to watch a couple of different teams rather than always Leinster. I expected the likes of Gloucester and Stade with a secret hope that a big team like Leicester or Clermont would drop down to the Amlin and decide to to take it seriously and make it to the final. Well, I got my wish about a big name dropping down anyway....
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

macboomba wrote: Can anyone in the Anglesea Stand confirm my fears that Block A is beyond the goalline. I got 2 tickets for Block A, Row A Seat 50 and 51. Will I be looking sideways at the game? I'm a South Stand sth so if these seats aren't great then I'll try and buy more with my season ticket.
Xanthippe wrote:Depending on time on Saturday I'll try to sit in your final seat and take a photo for you so you can see what the view is like. There's as good chance that at best the seats will be on the try line - the situation is not helped by the fact that the centre line of the pitch does not line up with the centre of the stand so seats in blocks D and E are better than their counterparts in blocks B and A
macboomba wrote:That would be great Xanthippe. Would have checked it out myself at the weekend but I can't make it to the game due to family commitments (not a happy camper). Thanks.
I'm afraid the view is not as good as you may have hoped :(

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

Atmosphere at the game yesterday was one of the best I've ever experienced in the RDS. Place was pure blue, flags everywhere and fans in great voice. Lets hope we can replicate it for the final!
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
macboomba
Knowledgeable

Post by macboomba »

Xanthippe wrote:
macboomba wrote: Can anyone in the Anglesea Stand confirm my fears that Block A is beyond the goalline. I got 2 tickets for Block A, Row A Seat 50 and 51. Will I be looking sideways at the game? I'm a South Stand sth so if these seats aren't great then I'll try and buy more with my season ticket.
Xanthippe wrote:Depending on time on Saturday I'll try to sit in your final seat and take a photo for you so you can see what the view is like. There's as good chance that at best the seats will be on the try line - the situation is not helped by the fact that the centre line of the pitch does not line up with the centre of the stand so seats in blocks D and E are better than their counterparts in blocks B and A
macboomba wrote:That would be great Xanthippe. Would have checked it out myself at the weekend but I can't make it to the game due to family commitments (not a happy camper). Thanks.
I'm afraid the view is not as good as you may have hoped :(

Bugger! Thanks Xanthippe.
"sh!t like this happens. We had to believe it" Jonathan Sexton on coming back from 16 points down at half time to win 2nd Heineken Cup
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Has anybody's tickets arrived for the final yet? I got my Aviva tickets, but not these?
johnmcg
Bookworm

Post by johnmcg »

Yep. Arrived on Thursday last.
Anglesea, block c, row c, ecstacy.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Me too. Got the HEC tickets in last week, no sign of the Amlin ones yet.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Mine arrived last week, was part of a package with the Heineken tickets. I'll be in Block L in the Grandstand. Finally get to see what the other side of the stadium looks like.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
TheBear
Enlightened

Post by TheBear »

cormac wrote:Mine arrived last week, was part of a package with the Heineken tickets. I'll be in Block L in the Grandstand. Finally get to see what the other side of the stadium looks like.
Likewise (tickets arriving as a package), but we're in block H of the Grandstand. On the 22 the following day, so about the same standard of ticket for both matches.
Heavy words are so lightly thrown
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

TheBear wrote:
cormac wrote:Mine arrived last week, was part of a package with the Heineken tickets. I'll be in Block L in the Grandstand. Finally get to see what the other side of the stadium looks like.
Likewise (tickets arriving as a package), but we're in block H of the Grandstand. On the 22 the following day, so about the same standard of ticket for both matches.
Ah yiz'll never go back. :)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

mine still to arrive too, bought them separate to HC which arrived ages ago, cant wait for them to arrive so I can sell them cos I have to work :-(
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon