88%

Total votes: 52

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Who will you support, may 18th?

Post by Donny B. »

simonno6 wrote:
Donny B. wrote:
simonno6 wrote:any info on the Clermont march?
Leaving from Merrion at 3 I think. Gonna get pissed on!
Cheers - yeh the weather forecast is a real shame. Think i'll have to get involved anyway - rumour has it these lads dole out the free wine like its going out of fashion ;-)
There is a long tradition (well two years) on bringing a bag of cans to the Supporter's Village instead of queuing forever to buy over-priced Heino. I intend to honour this tradition, rain or shine! :D
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Keep it Harp Donny, you know it makes sense.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

The free wine was directly responsible for my hangover in Bordeaux last year. Can't wait to do it all again.[/quote]
Fantastic will never forget it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbwuetDjr4
Flying wedge
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

footrush wrote:The free wine was directly responsible for my hangover in Bordeaux last year. Can't wait to do it all again.
Fantastic will never forget it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbwuetDjr4[/quote]

I'll bring a plastic cup so.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Flash Gordon wrote:Keep it Harp Donny, you know it makes sense.
Might do Guinness to share with the Frenchies actually
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

blockhead wrote:
footrush wrote:The free wine was directly responsible for my hangover in Bordeaux last year. Can't wait to do it all again.
Fantastic will never forget it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbwuetDjr4
I'll bring a plastic cup so.[/quote]

They provide the cups! They're nothing if not organised.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

domhnallj wrote:
blockhead wrote:
footrush wrote: Fantastic will never forget it : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgbwuetDjr4
I'll bring a plastic cup so.
They provide the cups! They're nothing if not organised.
The thing I remember most was the smell of the Pernod - for a while the whole world smelled of aniseed
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Thank you Dublin, Dubliners and others.
Congratulations Toulon.

We shall overcome.

Or not.

Au revoir.
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

You blew a great chance today but you'll be back!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

dont mean this to sound like sour grapes (pardon the pun) but if had any doubt which was the better/truer rugby club look at the number Clermont brought; four or five times what Toulon brought
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

simonokeeffe wrote:dont mean this to sound like sour grapes (pardon the pun) but if had any doubt which was the better/truer rugby club look at the number Clermont brought; four or five times what Toulon brought
And what would the difference have been had no Leinster fans turned up? I think it's far more telling that there were so many empty seats. I'm increasingly convinced that the whole "true fans" thing is absolute rubbish - from what I've seen of the Toulon fans, they're just as fanatical as their Clermont counterparts.
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
marcosid3
Beginner

Post by marcosid3 »

sid wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:dont mean this to sound like sour grapes (pardon the pun) but if had any doubt which was the better/truer rugby club look at the number Clermont brought; four or five times what Toulon brought
And what would the difference have been had no Leinster fans turned up? I think it's far more telling that there were so many empty seats. I'm increasingly convinced that the whole "true fans" thing is absolute rubbish - from what I've seen of the Toulon fans, they're just as fanatical as their Clermont counterparts.
There is no doubt Clermont fans are great craic and added to a great atmosphere at the game, however i feel they somewhat let their team down! With 10 minutes to go all i could hear were Leinster fans shouting for them.

Watching the 2011 final back again and at the start of the second half us fans were roaring the team on in what seemed to be a desperate situation. They needed to get behind them in that last 10 mins to push them over the line!

It is possible that after so many near misses they give the typical galic shrug of the shoulders and except fate.

That said i was a bit gutted for them (as was my young fella) hopefully the next time we see them will be in Paris in the spring :D

Bit the most pressing question is who is going to send on the 6 eurocent to Mr Toulon who apparently has gone back for a one man parade while the team stay in Dublin till Wednesday :wink:

PS Good to see Rocky back, if only in a suit! Didnt seem to get as much of a welcome back as Hinesy!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

dp
Last edited by simonokeeffe on May 20th, 2013, 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sid wrote:
not saying man for man Toulon fans not great/passionate (on way into work tonight there was a very, very drunk Dannie Roussow obliging them with pictures, although Van Nie Kirk was beside him but no one seemed to recognise him)
my point was its easier to get behind a club that brings 10k fans to Dublin than one that brings a quarter of that
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

simonokeeffe wrote:
sid wrote:
not saying man for man Toulon fans not great/passionate (on way into work tonight there was a very, very drunk Dannie Roussow obliging them with pictures, although Van Nie Kirk was beside him but no one seemed to recognise him)
my point was its easier to get behind a club that brings 10k fans to Dublin than one that brings a quarter of that
Where were the 10k fans in the ground cos I didn't see anything like that number ...perhaps half that
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

I'd say there was easily 10k clermont fans there.
Sauvignon Blank
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Sauvignon Blank »

AdamK wrote:I'd say there was easily 10k clermont fans there.
French CA fans, no more that 4/5k at best. Irish CA fans add on another couple of K.

Never in a million years were there 10k CA Natives there.
3 Gold Stars
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:
French CA fans, no more that 4/5k at best. Irish CA fans add on another couple of K.

totally agree
VGE
Graduate

Post by VGE »

Sauvignon Blank wrote:

You have a problem with ASM fans, maybe one of us has been falling in love with you and let you finally down?

5k tickets were sold on the only ASM allocation
I don't know how many of us bought tickets out of Clermont, certainly between 2,5 and 3,5k

So, 10k, maybe not, but nobody and certainly not you knows. But 7/8 minimum, not less.

It doesn't matter anyway. Sea food was really excellent yesterday in Howth.

Au revoir
(...) je souhaite que la Providence veille sur la France, pour son bonheur, pour son bien et pour sa grandeur. Au revoir !
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9PjBgWO ... ata_player
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Glad you enjoyed VGE! Pity you aren't leaving Dublin with a better result tho!

Still, had great craic with all the ASM fans marching to the stadium on Saturday. ASM fans really are great for the sport.