Many Congratulations Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

St.Kenneth
Learner

Many Congratulations Leinster

Post by St.Kenneth »

Well I think that it's pretty fair to say that you have won this group with that magnificent win against Castres away from home.

I can see no way in the world that the Ospreys will cause you any problem whatsoever, especially at home, because they are a very poor side, the weakest in our pool by far.

We missed the bonus point at home against the 'O's and the poor performance by us, and the amazing performance by your guys in the game at FG obviously cost us big time.

I have no idea what may happen next season, but I do know that as a supporter, to miss out on the chance to play the powerhouses of Europe that are yourselves, Munster and Ulster, will be a travesty.

Well done and good luck in the knock-out stages.
COME ON YOU SAINTS..!!
leinsterfan100
Knowledgeable

Re: Many Congratulations Leinster

Post by leinsterfan100 »

Cheers St.Kenneth,although i wish i could be as confident as you about us definitely going through. Ospreys are our bogey team after all!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Thanks Kenneth. Unfortunately Ospreys are a shadow of the team they have been in the last few years. Though they raise their game for us quite often!

I look forward to Leinster playing English teams and meeting the fans in the very near future. It's too good to lose. Sanity will prevail.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

St.Kenneth wrote:Well I think that it's pretty fair to say that you have won this group with that magnificent win against Castres away from home.

I can see no way in the world that the Ospreys will cause you any problem whatsoever, especially at home, because they are a very poor side, the weakest in our pool by far.

We missed the bonus point at home against the 'O's and the poor performance by us, and the amazing performance by your guys in the game at FG obviously cost us big time.

I have no idea what may happen next season, but I do know that as a supporter, to miss out on the chance to play the powerhouses of Europe that are yourselves, Munster and Ulster, will be a travesty.

Thanks St. Kenneth.

Northampton can be very proud of how they did in the group, when I saw the draw I was disgusted, as any one of the teams were capable of winning it. I think we've ridden our luck a bit of times and other times we've just managed to find that extra gear when we needed to, but one of the tougher groups from memory, unlike going out after a double defeat to Clermont last season, this was a tougher group in the sense that every game was losable. On that note I wouldn't say it's over yet. The O's have raided the RDS on big occassions more times than I care to mention (definitely our bogey side), so we'll be very wary of them.

Also I have to add that I agree with you, that playing against the best clubs in England and France is an absolute pleasure, in rugby terms and social ones, meeting the fans and even the odd trip away, I hope something can be sorted out, and if not, I hope it's not long before it is.

Whatever happens, I think Northampton will continue in Europe (either in Heineken or Amlin), so best of luck to your boys in that and in your league this year too. Stuffing us in Lansdowne, especially after what happened the week before in FG was one of the most impressive performances I've seen from a visiting team in Europe.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
JB1973
Rhys Ruddock

Post by JB1973 »

The weakest side in the group and the side with the least funding and the lowest wage bill SK!

You merited your win today, mullered us in the scrum and in North you have the best wing in the world right now.

I expect us to rest a few players next week and can see a Leinster BP win.

As long as we play some good rugby and give our all I won't be too harsh on the team
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

St.Kenneth wrote:Well I think that it's pretty fair to say that you have won this group with that magnificent win against Castres away from home.

Thank you, and if you don't make the H-cup, perhaps the Amlin. Good luck in the AP, I hope you make the final and win it.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

I definately enjoyed the two Saints games the most in our pool. There was a real edge to both games and even though we lost the 2nd one we were still in it til the end and the Saints team just played to their best that day, so no shame in it. Real hammer and thong stuff. I'm delighted we came out on top 5-4 though.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

AdamK wrote:I definately enjoyed the two Saints games the most in our pool. There was a real edge to both games and even though we lost the 2nd one we were still in it til the end and the Saints team just played to their best that day, so no shame in it. Real hammer and thong stuff. I'm delighted we came out on top 5-4 though.
Ye wha? :shock:

It was all good clean fun as far as I could see :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

;)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Leinster 2nd in Rabo
Saints 2nd in Prem
Castres 3rd in T14
Ospreys 3rd in Rabo
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:Leinster 2nd in Rabo
Saints 2nd in Prem
Castres 3rd in T14
Ospreys 3rd in Rabo
Not elite.
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

How about

Leinster 2013 Pro12 Champions
Saints 2013 Aviva Premiership Runners up
Castres 2013 Top14 Champions
Ospreys Most Pro12 titles all time
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Yep, completely the group of death imo.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

AdamK wrote:Yep, completely the group of death imo.
Not according to some of our southern friends on another thread, who are equating it to Munster's pool... incredibly.

Anyway, it's not over yet!
Dont Panic!
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Dexter wrote:
Not according to some of our southern friends on another thread, who are equating it to Munster's pool... incredibly.

Ugh, they were doing the same last year. I'd kill to be in a group with perp, glaws and edinburgh! KILL!!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

St. Ken has done the sums.
The Saints can qualify if we get nothing against our nemesis team.
The Saints want is to have a mind set that its over because the one way to screw up.
Saint Ken my ar€s.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

AdamK wrote:
Dexter wrote:

Ugh, they were doing the same last year. I'd kill to be in a group with perp, glaws and edinburgh! KILL!!
Saints didnt exactly send a weakend team over here
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

Dexter wrote:

Well, when you have Tony Ward not only comparing the win over Gloucester to the win over Castres, but saying it was the more impressive, ignoring that Castres are French champions , 3rd in the Top 14 and have not lost at home since December 2012. Compared to Gloucester, champions of nothing, 9th in the AP, in a relegation battle and every tom, dick and harry win their these days. The southern province are well supplied with make believe.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

The difficulty of Leinster's group is illustrated by the fact that they will most likely be the sixth seed in the quarter final draw. Munster's draw while easier was only made difficult by a poor display in Edinburgh.

Wardy's view that Munster's win v Gloucester might reflect the fact that Munster always led and looked reasonably comfortable despite Gloucester having plenty of possession. Certainly their victory was guaranteed at a relatively early stage of the second half. Leinster's comeback was also very impressive in the end if not quite the 80 minute performance yearned for.

The pools are seeded and who you draw is then completely determined by luck of the draw. Who cares which group was toughest. Generally the toughest group will be the one with 2 French teams and the easier groups will be the two containing Italian teams. Each group will have one from each pot with the standards in pot 3 and 4 fairly inconsistent. The top European sides are in Pot 1. By definition their task will look easier by the very fact they don't have to play each other or themselves!!!!!

As long as both teams stay in Pot 1 for the draw most groups will be fairly negotiable. Speaking of luck of the draw Munster have only drawn an Italian side twice in 10 seasons. I wouldn't mind a post Xmas trip to Italy next season the nearer the Alps the better.
The draw is the draw , both groups are negotiated, don't be so precious and sensitive and go andqualify for the 1/4 final.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

All Blacks nil wrote:The difficulty of Leinster's group is illustrated by the fact that they will most likely be the sixth seed in the quarter final draw. Munster's draw while easier was only made difficult by a poor display in Edinburgh.

Wardy's view that Munster's win v Gloucester might reflect the fact that Munster always led and looked reasonably comfortable despite Gloucester having plenty of possession. Certainly their victory was guaranteed at a relatively early stage of the second half. Leinster's comeback was also very impressive in the end if not quite the 80 minute performance yearned for.

The pools are seeded and who you draw is then completely determined by luck of the draw. Who cares which group was toughest. Generally the toughest group will be the one with 2 French teams and the easier groups will be the two containing Italian teams. Each group will have one from each pot with the standards in pot 3 and 4 fairly inconsistent. The top European sides are in Pot 1. By definition their task will look easier by the very fact they don't have to play each other or themselves!!!!!

As long as both teams stay in Pot 1 for the draw most groups will be fairly negotiable. Speaking of luck of the draw Munster have only drawn an Italian side twice in 10 seasons. I wouldn't mind a post Xmas trip to Italy next season the nearer the Alps the better.
The draw is the draw , both groups are negotiated, don't be so precious and sensitive and go andqualify for the 1/4 final.
Racing Metro have(the win against ASm aside) been absolute merde this season. Last season the group with Toulon and Montpellier would have been really tough (did they have the an Itlaian team as well) but quite often it's the team with the 7th French team that provides the 2nd qualifier. Had our group had Racing in it Saints would possibly be on course for the 2nd place qualifying berth. In summary a poor T14 + a good AP + a good Pro12 = 2 qualifiers.....like Munster last year.

Bit rich coming from one of the "brave and faithful!"
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles