Leinster vs Munster March 29th

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

honeyec
Mullet

Re: Leinster vs Munster March 29th

Post by honeyec »

OTT wrote:I just hope neither set of fans can cling to some refereeing decision after the game is over.
Not a hope. We win, it's because Rolland was biased towards us. Munster win, it's because he favoured them in order to prove he wasn't biased.

I actually feel sorry for him; he's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't, regardless of what *actually* happens during the match.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

So, we have too many backs to get on the field and not enough props. Ferg to LH?
MadiganSquareGarden
Learner

Post by MadiganSquareGarden »

Jack O'Connell and Mike Ross to start with Edward Byrne and Michael Bent on the bench possibly. Given four injuries it could certainly be worse.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Another Trial-by-fire for one of our junior props then.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

MadiganSquareGarden wrote:Jack O'Connell and Mike Ross to start with Edward Byrne and Michael Bent on the bench possibly. Given four injuries it could certainly be worse.
No Bent to start with Ross.. JOC and Byrne on the bench..

Would prefer to see JOC starting tho
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

simonokeeffe wrote:
TerenureJim wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:one of those mediocre wingers coached Ireland for 2 years too many after he blew a couple of grand slams :)

very poor from the league though not to give this to Nigel Owens in the first place, its undeniably the biggest league match of this season (and every season) so the top ref should get it. but no that humdinger of Treviso v Edinburgh needed him more

I trust Rolland to be professional enough to ref the game fairly but its all the more column inches for Munster Fans to wrap around their burning torches
In fairness "Rollers" is regularly recognised as being the top ref. I don't think there's any issue in him covering this one, as with Owens he allows a free flowing entertaining game and tries to be sympathetic to the game in applying the spirit rather than the letter of the law which is what any decent ref should do.
well as someone said the issue is he's played Heineken Cup rugby for one of the provinces

even going with a non Irish ref in the first place highlights there's no officials up to scratch from Connacht but more dammingly Ulster
I hear ya so am I right in thinking that the neutral JP Doyle from the RFU should have been tapped up....
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

Completely agree that this is is a build up to next week.

This is the Italy Game before the France game, the scotland game before the England game

It is a game that we WERE overwhelming favourites for, if we play without 4 or 5 front line players, wer still have a chance of winning.

Next week we go to the south of france for a game where we havent been as unfancied since the toulouse semi final 2011.

If there is a chance that Jack O'Connell or Michael Bent might be a sub next week, they should start this week
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
TerenureJim
Shane Jennings

Post by TerenureJim »

mtleinster wrote:Completely agree that this is is a build up to next week.

This is the Italy Game before the France game, the scotland game before the England game

It is a game that we WERE overwhelming favourites for, if we play without 4 or 5 front line players, wer still have a chance of winning.

Next week we go to the south of france for a game where we havent been as unfancied since the toulouse semi final 2010.

If there is a chance that Jack O'Connell or Michael Bent might be a sub next week, they should start this week
I was very drunk but I think it was 2010 when we played them over there, as opposed to 2011 over here. Could argue those two years represent a sea change in terms of European rugby given that we swapped the trophy and we went on to keep winning and Toulouse have been the most inconsistent that they have ever been in Europe.
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

I think everything will be done to ensure Healy, McGrath and Moore are good for next week. If that means they need to sit out this week so be it.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

TerenureJim wrote:
mtleinster wrote:Completely agree that this is is a build up to next week.

Next week we go to the south of france for a game where we havent been as unfancied since the toulouse semi final 2010.

I was very drunk but I think it was 2010 when we played them over there, as opposed to 2011 over here. Could argue those two years represent a sea change in terms of European rugby given that we swapped the trophy and we went on to keep winning and Toulouse have been the most inconsistent that they have ever been in Europe.
It was. Despite our scrum being a total shambles and J10 being inured, we were a trademark Eoin Reddan knock-on over the tryline away from a squeaky bum end in the Lions' den. The cassoulet was top notch anyway.
glenageary
Mullet

Post by glenageary »

What a miserable morning before that game, rain and more rain!, in Toulouse! I we were dissappointed imagine the Munster folk is San Sab for the BO game - Munster should of won that one.

I still believe that if Eoin's attempted try had stuck as opposed to the knock-on we could of won that game, momentum against french teams is just so important. We were not that bad on the day.

And the Cassoulet was $hiote!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Xanthippe wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:
glenageary wrote::shock: From Munsterfans

"Can someone please explain to me how is it a guy from Leinster, who played for Leinster, can referee a Leinster game? I don't understand how that's possible. How they can make that decision with any justification is beyond me.
Anything else they'd like to throw our way?
Joe Schmidt the TMO? Shane Horgan the 4th official? "

"Rolland is going to award the Pro 12 trophy to Brian O'Driscoll at half time and then lock Munster in their dressing room so BOD can run in a few tries unopposed. Dave Kearney will get run down by the corner flag and fail to add to his tally for the season."
No doubt they were as outraged by the Munster Branch TMO for the Treviso game?
Leave that shite where it belongs!
To be fair we were all fairly outraged with the Munster TMO in the reverse fixture last season
Touche Xan, except I doubt Rolland will be awarding anything controversial (him being a good ref n'all)!!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

He is a great ref, and will be above anything unfair.

He did play for Leinster, but so did a few Munster players...(oh, and he did sinbin POC earlier this season)
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

MadiganuareGarden wrote:Jack O'Connell and Mike Ross to start with Edward Byrne and Michael Bent on the bench possibly. Given four injuries it could certainly be worse.
Agreed. We need a fresh tighthead to replace Ross around 60 minutes. No point in Ross dipping in to reserves ahead of next week. If Bent is as close as we have to a replacement tighthead, then he should be kept on the beach.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
MadiganSquareGarden
Learner

Post by MadiganSquareGarden »

CiaranIrl wrote:
MadiganuareGarden wrote:Jack O'Connell and Mike Ross to start with Edward Byrne and Michael Bent on the bench possibly. Given four injuries it could certainly be worse.
Agreed. We need a fresh tighthead to replace Ross around 60 minutes. No point in Ross dipping in to reserves ahead of next week. If Bent is as close as we have to a replacement tighthead, then he should be kept on the beach.
My thoughts entirely. O'Connell is up to the task anyway.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

TerenureJim wrote:I was very drunk but I think it was 2010 when we played them over there, as opposed to 2011 over here. Could argue those two years represent a sea change in terms of European rugby given that we swapped the trophy and we went on to keep winning and Toulouse have been the most inconsistent that they have ever been in Europe.
I think he means the Toulouse semi in the Aviva where we were expected to be sent packing.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

honeyec wrote:
I think he means the Toulouse semi in the Aviva where we were expected to be sent packing.
I thought we were narrow favourites going into that game given that people were tipping us to win the competition outright that season.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

olaf the fat wrote:He is a great ref, and will be above anything unfair.

He did play for Leinster, but so did a few Munster players...(oh, and he did sinbin POC earlier this season)
He also gave Brian O'Driscoll the 4th yellow card of his career
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Kinger83 wrote:
honeyec wrote:
I thought we were narrow favourites going into that game given that people were tipping us to win the competition outright that season.
That's how I remember it too. And also feeling very deflated after the first minute. And then getting overexcited and ringing a mate at half time to book a ferry to Wales.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

simonno6 wrote:
That's how I remember it too. And also feeling very deflated after the first minute. And then getting overexcited and ringing a mate at half time to book a ferry to Wales.
Yeah that freak first try they got really dampened the spirits early on! :mrgreen: