Leinster vs Munster March 29th

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster vs Munster March 29th

Post by Donny B. »

Terrible performance so far. But sadly par for the course for this season. Gopperth will start next week. Madigan simply can't be trusted.
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

The worst maul in the history of everything
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Leinster Exile wrote:The worst maul in the history of everything
Every Munster player apart from the first two in from the side.
Anyone But New Zealand
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Jennings having a stormer in the loose.
Anyone But New Zealand
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

FLIP wrote:
Leinster Exile wrote:The worst maul in the history of everything
Every Munster player apart from the first two in from the side.
Part of the course these days it would seem but it wasn't very imaginative either way
Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

Stream is fcking down
Green
Learner

Post by Green »

Leinster Exile
Mullet

Post by Leinster Exile »

this back thanks
Golf Man
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Golf Man »

Leinster deserved the win- nothing between the teams though. That said a definite rub of the green on the decisions- some very dodgy scrum calls foley penalty was never one- Madigan did worse two minutes layer 5m out and wasn't penalised resultany penalty had to be yellow. Can see them both struggling next week
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

We did in our bo*****s get the rub if the green... And the first penalty against Leinster for a hand in the scrum was a Munster hand.... Thankfully Rollaind woke up to the foul play at every scrum by Munster... But only in 2nd half
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Is there some moaning about the ref then? Very generous pen for Ross's 'high tackle' while we're at it.

Deserved Leinster win without being too impressive - more possession, more penetration. Poor old Earls got I think 3 passes in the entire match.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
AidanSloan
Knowledgeable

Post by AidanSloan »

Never in doubt :shock:
But joking aside, once the Munster ball carriers were stopped at the gainline they didn't have a plan b.

Man of the match should have been Toner. I think he carried most, put in a serious amount of hits and anyone who puts O'Connell on his arse twice in one game deserves it IMO
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Good run out for next week. But Jayus we weren't close to 100%, Munster were pretty inept thankfully.

The guys stating their claims for inclusion in the recent 6Ns proved Joe right. Munster could really have done with Zebo tonight, they were really lacking that X factor. They never really looked like breAking our defence.

I think Rolland did a good job, he tried to keep the game moving when both sets of players seemed uninclined, but he did take an age to see where the problem was coming in the scrum( 2 early scrum penalties went the wrong way)
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

Good win for us tonight but I would worry about us next weekend.

Things will improve when some of the injured players come back but have serious reservations about Leinster under MOC. In fairness, it's difficult to lose two of the best players in the world (Sexton and Isa) and probably the world's best coach in Schmidt.

As for Munster, they have to get rid of Keatley ASAP. The guy is just not up to it. Way out of his depth. Wouldn't back them next weekend, even at home.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Just watching it back now and the reply confirms it was a Munster hand in the scrum. You can't see kilcoyne pulling it down on the other side from the ref which he did for the next three as well. I think he showed tonight why he wasn't preferred for Ireland.

Those games are hard to enjoy, too worrying. If omahony had been playing we may not have squeaked by. That said Munster did run out of steam after being clearly better in the first half.

Thought the other famed justified his absence tonight.

McCarthy carried well I thought.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Donny B. wrote:Terrible performance so far. But sadly par for the course for this season. Gopperth will start next week. Madigan simply can't be trusted.
Two bad kicks. Gopperth is good for that every match also. For me it must be Madigan.

Just saw that first scrum again and it was a Leinster hand I think. At the time I said that's the kind of thing the ref sees better than anyone. Kilcoyne did still collapse it through.
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Killers worst game for a while, zebos best for a while. Omahoney held well. Luck of the green without any outrageous calls was the difference. If either team, or supporter thought they were good for the difference, then look at themselves again.

Deleted for Drico, hope he's OK. Good solid Munster performance and here's hoping they build on the lessons tonight. McCarthy and Jenno lucky to get away with the dark arts,but not complaints form ref. thought Murray's tackle was good for yellow.

No doubt there'll be those who thought Munster were beat out the gate, but realistically there was damn all between them, even in the second half.

Roll on next week.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

Deleted == delighted.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

At the match I thought the timing by earls on his contests and tackles was superb again, and watching it back I think it even more. He had no ball to run with but his work was outstanding.

And in retrospect that's what won it for us: we had the ball.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

meinster wrote:Killers worst game for a while, zebos best for a while. Omahoney held well. Luck of the green without any outrageous calls was the difference. If either team, or supporter thought they were good for the difference, then look at themselves again.

Deleted for Drico, hope he's OK. Good solid Munster performance and here's hoping they build on the lessons tonight. McCarthy and Jenno lucky to get away with the dark arts,but not complaints form ref. thought Murray's tackle was good for yellow.

No doubt there'll be those who thought Munster were beat out the gate, but realistically there was damn all between them, even in the second half.

Roll on next week.
Nothing much beftween the teams, Munster were in no way beat out the gate. Not impressed with Zebo, ruined overlaps by not straightening, failed to either fix or pass, timing way off on kick chases.
O'Mahoney wasn't playing, Stander wasn't bad but he's no O'Mahoney.

I think in the end the simple fact of leinsters possession added up as Munster looked less likely to pull the win out at the end despite looking better for most of the first half.