Time to go MOC

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinster4life13
Mullet

Re: Time to go MOC

Post by leinster4life13 »

Not to forget, nomention of the utter no names the Dragons put out, it was a second string Dragons side, which makes our inept performance even worse. Worst game of pro rugby I have ever had the misfortune to attend.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Horgan saying MOC isn't empowering and trusting the young players to step up and fill holes.
Says gap between 1st 15 and depth has grown under MOC. Young talent isn't being trusted/developed.
Two major issues according to Horgan:
assuming everything will be fine once the internationals come back, divide could develop in squad.
assuming sexton returning will fix all the clear problems on the field.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

goreyguy wrote:Horgan saying MOC isn't empowering and trusting the young players to step up and fill holes.
Says gap between 1st 15 and depth has grown under MOC. Young talent isn't being trusted/developed.
assuming everything will be fine once the internationals come back, divide could develop in squad.
Where did you hear this?
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

molloyjh wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Horgan saying MOC isn't empowering and trusting the young players to step up and fill holes.
Where did you hear this?
second captains today.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

goreyguy wrote:assuming sexton returning will fix all the clear problems on the field.
Johnny isnt going to stand (deep) for rubbish gameplans/substandard tactics but real danger that that will massively undermine Heaslip as captain which would divide dressing room further

plus as MOC will probably know by Christmas whether he is staying or going (most likely) he wont give a monkey's about the younger players if hes leaving
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

simonokeeffe wrote:
goreyguy wrote:assuming sexton returning will fix all the clear problems on the field.
Johnny isnt going to stand (deep) for rubbish gameplans/substandard tactics but real danger that that will massively undermine Heaslip as captain which would divide dressing room further

plus as MOC will probably know by Christmas whether he is staying or going (most likely) he wont give a monkey's about the younger players if hes leaving
he hasnt given a monkey this season anyway. No long term planning.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

Fair comments from Horgan.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

MOC is a terrible, terrible coach. Rant over.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Jesus he is a bad coach. They would be better off getting rid of him tomorrow.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Just to throw it out there: anyone think he saved his job yesterday?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Yep. Home qf is the highest accolade we can achieve as far as the accountants are concerened. Empty seats are a marketing issue.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I don't think he needed to save his job yesterday. I don't know why people think he's going to be sacked. The home quarter final already secured his final season.

The only way we could see him not here next season is if we've a complete collapse in the league and don't qualify for the ECC or if he packs it in himself.

Whatever we want or think, the guy who won the league in his first season and has us in the knock outs of Europe in consecutive seasons is not being sacked. It's just not happening.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

ceemec wrote:I don't think he needed to save his job yesterday. I don't know why people think he's going to be sacked. The home quarter final already secured his final season.

The only way we could see him not here next season is if we've a complete collapse in the league and don't qualify for the ECC or if he packs it in himself.

Whatever we want or think, the guy who won the league in his first season and has us in the knock outs of Europe in consecutive seasons is not being sacked. It's just not happening.
We came through a poor pool, making life as difficult for ourselves as possible, all the while playing horrendous rugby. That night against Harlequins will live long in the memory for pure crapness.

I get that the team has lost good players, but what he has to work with is superior, both in terms of squad depth and first team quality, to every other team in the Pro 12. We're currently 5th in the league and I wouldn't bet on us overhauling one of the teams above us.
cud
Mullet

Post by cud »

Peg Leg wrote:Yep. Home qf is the highest accolade we can achieve as far as the accountants are concerened. Empty seats are a marketing issue.
Try selling the product that has been on display all season.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

cud wrote:
We came through a poor pool, making life as difficult for ourselves as possible, all the while playing horrendous rugby. That night against Harlequins will live long in the memory for pure crapness.

I get that the team has lost good players, but what he has to work with is superior, both in terms of squad depth and first team quality, to every other team in the Pro 12. We're currently 5th in the league and I wouldn't bet on us overhauling one of the teams above us.
I'm not debating anything regarding our performances. I'm just saying he's not going anywhere. It's a business and he has brought us to stages that his paymasters will deem acceptable for him not to be sacked.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ceemec wrote:I don't think he needed to save his job yesterday. I don't know why people think he's going to be sacked. The home quarter final already secured his final season.

home qf defeat in europe and missing out on league playoffs; reasonable argument there he may have been sacked for a season like that (given talent and resources at his disposal)
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

simonokeeffe wrote: home qf defeat in europe and missing out on league playoffs; reasonable argument there he may have been sacked for a season like that (given talent and resources at his disposal)
I really don't think the bosses at Leinster would have considered it. If it was in the mix, they'd have been looking for a coach before now. The only stage where I think it was in the balance was going into the last two rounds of the EPC in January after Munster stuffed us and we struggled in the double header with Quins.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ceemec wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote: home qf defeat in europe and missing out on league playoffs; reasonable argument there he may have been sacked for a season like that (given talent and resources at his disposal)
I really don't think the bosses at Leinster would have considered it. If it was in the mix, they'd have been looking for a coach before now. The only stage where I think it was in the balance was going into the last two rounds of the EPC in January after Munster stuffed us and we struggled in the double header with Quins.
If it was a normal roll over of seasons I'd agree but with RWC therell be movement of coaches/more potential thereof at the end of the calender year and the league will be a phoney war until November
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm beginning to think we should go for Simon Easterby next year. He's worked as both a defence and head coach at the Scarlets and as a forwards coach with Ireland, doing well with a number of our players. In terms of his credentials and potential I'm convinced he'd be great for us. I'm one of those who would like to see Girv rewarded for what he's done with the A team and could see Easterby's appointment allowing for that.

There are lots of potential issues with availability of course. Obviously his wife works for BT so maybe it wouldn't be practical to be over here full time. There's also the massive question mark as to what Joe Schmidt will do when his contract is up. Even if he does sign on again, there's a very good chance he'll be the Lions coach and require time off, meaning Easterby would be in pole position to be the interim coach. If Joe does leave entirely I doubt Easterby would take over fully but you never know.

Ignoring the potential absence of an Ireland forwards coach for a second, if Joe extends his deal, Easterby takes over Leinster ably assisted by Girv, then Joe leaves in 2019 and Easterby takes over, with Girv taking over Leinster and eventually replacing Easterby with Ireland. That should take us up to about 2027...or the six nations of 2028, giving POC the summer tour get into the swing of things. I may be slightly merry, but this is making complete sense to me.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I'm beginning to think we should go for Simon Easterby next year. He's worked as both a defence and head coach at the Scarlets and as a forwards coach with Ireland, doing well with a number of our players. In terms of his credentials and potential I'm convinced he'd be great for us. I'm one of those who would like to see Girv rewarded for what he's done with the A team and could see Easterby's appointment allowing for that.

There are lots of potential issues with availability of course. Obviously his wife works for BT so maybe it wouldn't be practical to be over here full time. There's also the massive question mark as to what Joe Schmidt will do when his contract is up. Even if he does sign on again, there's a very good chance he'll be the Lions coach and require time off, meaning Easterby would be in pole position to be the interim coach. If Joe does leave entirely I doubt Easterby would take over fully but you never know.

Ignoring the potential absence of an Ireland forwards coach for a second, if Joe extends his deal, Easterby takes over Leinster ably assisted by Girv, then Joe leaves in 2019 and Easterby takes over, with Girv taking over Leinster and eventually replacing Easterby with Ireland. That should take us up to about 2027...or the six nations of 2028, giving POC the summer tour get into the swing of things. I may be slightly merry, but this is making complete sense to me.
with Kiss leaving after the RWC would Joe/IRFU want the other assistant coach jumping ship too?