'Independent' teams up with Leinster Rugby

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

'Independent' teams up with Leinster Rugby

Post by simonno6 »

http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i ... 89799.html

Surely the Toimes would have been more appropriate!
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: 'Independent' teams up with Leinster Rugby

Post by fourthirtythree »

simonno6 wrote:http://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/i ... 89799.html

Surely the Toimes would have been more appropriate!
But the Toimes doesn't hand out bajillions of free copies so you would have less chance of being able to pick up the supplement without paying for it when it's lying about somewhere...
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Is the announcement basically that the existing Heddild supplement will now be a standalone pull out?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Will there be ads for this in Irish Independent Park?
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Just when Indo surpasses their record for worst article ever with ROC's piece on ROG not being asked to come out of retirement is an endorsement of Keatley
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

This should be interesting, an anti-Leinster rag publishing a Leinster supplement.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:This should be interesting, an anti-Leinster rag publishing a Leinster supplement.
we should expect passive aggressive features on Boss, Reddan, Ross, Cronin, Bent
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

simonokeeffe wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:This should be interesting, an anti-Leinster rag publishing a Leinster supplement.
we should expect passive aggressive features on Boss, Reddan, Ross, Cronin, Bent
First poll:

"Leinster fans: D4 w&%kers or Southside Tossers" You decide!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'll revise my position on MOC if the Indo starts saying he should get a new contract.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

I reckon the Indo will buy out our contract with the RDS and Leinster will start to play home games at Independent Park in Cork with increasing regularity.

In time the province will be re-named Lunster and this will have a ready made audience of fans who were somewhat confused throughout most of the 00s. We can then develop a fifth province who can start off playing in Donnybrook, The 'derby' between Lunster and this new team will however be a sell-out every season in Lansdowne Road. The new team will be beaten regularly though which will leave all the Lunster fans with a familiar smug look.

The Pro12 will be delighted with us because we can chuck out the Welsh Regions and still have a Pro9 which will be the envy of Europe.

Gerry Thornley will run a poll in the IT to name the new side where assuredly certain people will be hors de combat when a whiff of cordite abides.

The IRFU will also be thrilled at funding a fifth side with all the benefits that having a greater playing pool to choose from will bring to the National team.

London Irish will however use the new team as their academy and bring the best talent to play in the AP. They will then win the AP with such regularity that the rest of the PRL will ask them to leave and join the Pro9. This will prevent them using the new Dublin based team as an academy but will raise the Pro9 to a Pro10 and based in three different countries. Some Welsh clubs will now apply to join because they will be delighted that they get a chance to play in England once a season.

London Welsh will apply but be refused because there isn't enough space in the calendar for a Pro15 as opposed to a Pro14. They will take a case to the Court of Arbitration for Sport because they complain that London Irish are already playing in the Pro14. When London Welsh win their case the Pro14 will be inundated with applications from Bristol, Worcester, Rotherham, Leeds, and possibly even Sale, Newcastle and Wasps to join.

The Pro14 will become a two tier league with two divisions of 10 sides. The AP will decide that the remaining sides in England can really only sustain one League and eliminate relegation. They will also guarantee European Cup Rugby to the traditional powerhouses and for five seasons the English representation in the RCC will be agreed at: Saracens, Leicester, Harlequins, Northampton, Bath and Gloucester. Exeter will apply to the Pro20 in protest.

Philip Browne and Mourad Boudjellal will form an unlikely alliance and persuade the Pro20 and Top14 clubs to announce a breakaway from the RCC and create a new trans-european competition between the Pro20 and the Top14 which will admit two more French sides and become a three tier multi-national league across Europe of 12 teams each called the ToPro1, ToPro2 and ToPro3 with full promotion and relegation between all three. The RCC will be abandoned.

The AP will have to admit 4 South African franchises to boost numbers but in truth by then the SA teams will all play their home games in England and Holland as this is where most white South Africans will now live and have their kids go to school. Holland will eventually join the 7 Nations.

Gerry Thornley's naming competition will be won by a wide margin by the D4 Ladyboys and by 2030 the 'Ladies' as their loyal followers will have nicknamed them will have won the ToPro1 four times in six seasons, and will widely be regarded as the best team the Northern Hemisphere has ever seen. And all under the astute coaching of a certain former player whose son will be well on the way to becoming the most accomplished 13 Ireland has ever produced.

Thus It Is Written.
Four Stars
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Will munstermicko gets his own column in this new supplement me wonders?
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

They'll probably draft in Niall Kiely
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

neiliog93 wrote:They'll probably draft in Niall Kiely
Please don't ever mention that smug gobshite again

I nearly choked reading his piece in the Irish Times on the morning of the Croke Park semi. I still can't figure out was he trying to be smart or is he really just a thick ignorant gobshite

Funny 4 years later, even after all our success, I still want to knock his lights out
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

oh god...how much Neil Francis and George Hook are we going to get in it???
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

blockhead wrote:Will munstermicko gets his own column in this new supplement me wonders?
I would read it if he was, always better then the article he's commenting on, so consistent in his trolling, tip of the hat to him.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

bails wrote:

I nearly choked reading his piece in the Irish Times on the morning of the Croke Park semi. I still can't figure out was he trying to be smart or is he really just a thick ignorant gobshite

Funny 4 years later, even after all our success, I still want to knock his lights out
I'd shake his hand: he gave me quiet confidence that the opposition support had jumped the shark. Obviously if I was his editor I'd beat the lard out of him until he turned in prose suitable for a newspaper rather than prose which showed off his private education while claiming to be one of "the people".

Whoever they are.

Thank god I don't feel like I am. My alienation is fairly constant.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

bails wrote:

You know what the really disgusting thing was. He wrote another piece for the Times in the Saturday edition for the final. And those assholes published that rather than speak to a Leinster suppoter (Alison Moore of the OLSC had written a far classier piece before the Croker game).

But then no one should ever be surprised at the IT going for the popular dollar, sure don't they publish Paul Howard's pitifully unfunny dead horse of a character in a weekly column.
D4Blue
Beginner

Post by D4Blue »

Poor little Eamonn Sweeney must be vomiting copious amounts of red bile over this.
RichardP wrote: "BLAME kIDNEY"
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Was offered a free copy of the poxy rag as I walked into the stadium last evening....told yer wan to f%~k off!!!!

....actually I just said "no thank you" in a strong and strident voice...

Hey, we're still Leinter fans, we're not animals...right?
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Donny B. wrote:Was offered a free copy of the poxy rag as I walked into the stadium last evening....told yer wan to f%~k off!!!!

....actually I just said "no thank you" in a strong and strident voice...

Hey, we're still Leinter fans, we're not animals...right?
Free? See I told you.

Who buys the Indo? The largest circulation paper in Ireland? No idea, it's available for free.