Leinster Rugby Singing Section

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeinsterSinging

Leinster Rugby Singing Section

Post by LeinsterSinging »

Hello everyone,

Myself and a group of fellow fans are launching The Leinster Singing Section this weekend at the Edinburgh game. This is an initiative from Leinster fans who want to group together and support the team enthusiastically at games. It is being started in conjunction with Leinster Rugby and the OLSC.

The first outing is an impromptu start and will be in the North Stand for Leinster vs Edinburgh, Sat 10th May 6:30. Seating is unreserved so people are meeting in the ground from 5:30pm. The aim of the first outing is to put the idea on the map, and then later we aim to take the opportunities to develop it further.

If this sounds like the sort of thing you or your friends would be interested in, then get a ticket, bring flags, colour and your enthusiasm for the boys in blue!

Cheers,
Brian
bedlam9999
Learner

Re: Leinster Rugby Singing Section

Post by bedlam9999 »

that will only work if you have a ticket for the north stand
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

I'm in terrace but will join in with anything that is brewing! Best of luck with it, hope it's a massive success. Anybody bringing a few trumpets? ;)
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

LeinsterSinging wrote:Hello everyone,

Myself and a group of fellow fans are launching The Leinster Singing Section this weekend at the Edinburgh game. This is an initiative from Leinster fans who want to group together and support the team enthusiastically at games. It is being started in conjunction with Leinster Rugby and the OLSC.

The first outing is an impromptu start and will be in the North Stand for Leinster vs Edinburgh, Sat 10th May 6:30. Seating is unreserved so people are meeting in the ground from 5:30pm. The aim of the first outing is to put the idea on the map, and then later we aim to take the opportunities to develop it further.

If this sounds like the sort of thing you or your friends would be interested in, then get a ticket, bring flags, colour and your enthusiasm for the boys in blue!

Cheers,
Brian
Fair play for giving it a go - its worked well for the Ireland soccer team! Best of luck with it!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Where in the North Stand?

I would suggest sitting behind the minis as it is close to one of the terraces and the kids generally get involved too. Would make a corner of noise radiating out on to the pitch and to other parts of the ground.

The fact I sit there has nothing to do with my recommendation.

I hope you are putting the word out elsewhere. I see no mention of it on twitter or Facebook and I dont think this is the best place to try and get something like this organised. Most posters here have season tickets and so are stuck where they are.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

IanD wrote:Where in the North Stand?

I would suggest sitting behind the minis as it is close to one of the terraces and the kids generally get involved too. Would make a corner of noise radiating out on to the pitch and to other parts of the ground.

The fact I sit there has nothing to do with my recommendation.

I hope you are putting the word out elsewhere. I see no mention of it on twitter or Facebook and I dont think this is the best place to try and get something like this organised. Most posters here have season tickets and so are stuck where they are.
Was about to comment on that as I read it, flag always noticeable!
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mtleinster
Enlightened

Post by mtleinster »

I agree that on the terrace side of the north stand (henceforth known as the IanD Flag side) is the better option as it will spread people out more. There will be people who want to be behind the posts and people who want to be in the singing section.

the closer to the terrace, the more likely to get synergy
Les chances que Sexton vienne en France sont infimes
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Best of luck with this. A good initiative. I hope it continues into next season.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

We had a band at one of the games in Donnybrook that Mauler brought in back in the day, the drummers at London Irish are excellent too and we've seen various French clubs literally drumming up support too. It'd be great to generate a noise concentration in one part of the ground!
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Leinster Rugby Signing Sexton.

I'm not even dyslexic, I just read what I want to read.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

All for this initiative but I hope starting it so late in the season doesn't mean it fizzles out.

Good Luck. I have my season ticket in the Anglesea bought already but will be enthusiastically singing along if/when this gets going around the ground. Generally very disappointed with the level of singing around where I sit.
Four Stars
bbmacjc

Post by bbmacjc »

HAHAHA! Brilliant (Leinster Rugby Signing Sexton)

Regarding the signing section, I think it's a great idea. As the man says "the aim of the first outing is to put the idea on the map, and then later we aim to take the opportunities to develop it further". Give it a lash and see where you end up after day 1. Great idea.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

Well done people: that was probably the toughest crowd you will face (aghast as it was at the poverty of attacking play from Leinster at home against one of the weaker sides in the Pro12) and you kept it going all match.

Congratulations and I hope you slake your thirst tonight after that hard work. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :happy clapper:
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

T'was brilliant! Great Craic for all. Hope this keeps going. A round of applause for all concerned :clap:
[Jackass]
Seán Cronin

Post by [Jackass] »

From the terrace the singing section sounded great, seemed to be having banter with the subs behind the post and definitely added to the atmosphere, hope this continues. I may be in the North stand for the play-offs so will look to join in if I am.
Pro12 Champions, Amlin Challenge Cup Champions, British & Irish Cup Champions
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Well done to all involved. Sounded great

It'll make the north stand the place to be!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
vienne86
Beginner

Post by vienne86 »

Well done guys - ye sounded great, and it really livened up the North stand. And cheered us all up during a cr@p performance on the pitch.
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

I was in the North Stand and heard nothing. Where in the North Stand were you based?
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

IanD wrote:I was in the North Stand and heard nothing. Where in the North Stand were you based?
It was a northerly wind so it may have carried the sound away from you? We were in the grandstand (Block L)and could hear it, though not too clearly.
A proud Winsome Fluter
simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Post by simonno6 »

Could here it perfectly in the South Terrace all game. Great effort lads.
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!