Rabo pro 12 final 2014

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rabo pro 12 final 2014

Post by footrush »

Seems the atmosphere is really building over there fantastic really looking forward to welcoming their support in the RDS can't wait : http://www.glasgowwarriors.com/phpbb/vi ... &start=140
Flying wedge
underpantsdance
Bookworm

Post by underpantsdance »

nc6000 wrote:
Bogger wrote:ended up in Angelsea stand BLock E.....pissed off with Ticketmaster and Leinster Rugby about this...every year the same shyte
It's not just Leinster Rugby it's happening with. Apparently the same stuff is going on in Croke Park with the GAA. Offer the cr@p seats to the fans you know want tickets and will buy them and keep the better seats for public sale etc.
For the purposes of balance I was on website before 12 & just refreshing until 12pm hit. First best available selection was Block J Row A Seats 1&2, I decided that this was a too close to touchline & after a nervy minute best available offered same block but two rows back, decided to gamble again & got offered Row F. Decided not to take another gamble and went for those ones but from my experience this time around ticketmaster weren't serving up the dross first up!
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

footrush wrote:Seems the atmosphere is really building over there fantastic really looking forward to welcoming their support in the RDS can't wait : http://www.glasgowwarriors.com/phpbb/vi ... &start=140
Again for balance was on at 12 and got 3 better seats in the grandstand than my normal season ticket ones for the same price.
Flying wedge
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

am very happy with our lucky mascot refereeing this one
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

As a matter of interest, is there a difference between the Upper and Lower sections of the north stand? (On the interactive map it's showing ticket availability in the upper section, but none in the lower - I had thought the entirety of the stand was a general free for all).
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Lamb of BOD wrote:As a matter of interest, is there a difference between the Upper and Lower sections of the north stand? (On the interactive map it's showing ticket availability in the upper section, but none in the lower - I had thought the entirety of the stand was a general free for all).
It is same as the South Stand
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Lamb of BOD wrote:As a matter of interest, is there a difference between the Upper and Lower sections of the north stand? (On the interactive map it's showing ticket availability in the upper section, but none in the lower - I had thought the entirety of the stand was a general free for all).

No difference. You are correct, in reality there is no Upper or Lower North Stand. I have no idea why the interactive map differentiates.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

Merci beaucoup
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Have people actually got the tickets or is it still a lottery. My friend says he got 6 but I worry about him and IT stuff.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

John23 wrote:

No difference. You are correct, in reality there is no Upper or Lower North Stand. I have no idea why the interactive map differentiates.
I thought it was to do with numbers of STHs. It's all unreserved but a portion of the seats are account for STHs
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

underpantsdance wrote:
nc6000 wrote:
Bogger wrote:ended up in Angelsea stand BLock E.....pissed off with Ticketmaster and Leinster Rugby about this...every year the same shyte
It's not just Leinster Rugby it's happening with. Apparently the same stuff is going on in Croke Park with the GAA. Offer the cr@p seats to the fans you know want tickets and will buy them and keep the better seats for public sale etc.
For the purposes of balance I was on website before 12 & just refreshing until 12pm hit. First best available selection was Block J Row A Seats 1&2, I decided that this was a too close to touchline & after a nervy minute best available offered same block but two rows back, decided to gamble again & got offered Row F. Decided not to take another gamble and went for those ones but from my experience this time around ticketmaster weren't serving up the dross first up!
I did the same with a few browsers on 2 x computers. But I kept all the balls in the air until I got the ones I wanted.

i.e. Clicked through to the checkout with about 4 sets of tickets going through all of the timers to the max and kept the best ones. So if the seats got worse I did not lose the others. Started at row b Block H. But after about 15 minutes it was giving me Block F.

I'd say they sold quick in the GS
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

paddyor wrote:Have people actually got the tickets or is it still a lottery. My friend says he got 6 but I worry about him and IT stuff.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

I was expecting everything to be gone within seconds like it usually is, or to start getting timeouts as soon as the sale started. Didn't have any issues though, surprisingly. Are there many tickets left?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
Lamb of BOD
Enlightened

Post by Lamb of BOD »

There are still some in the corner of the Anglesea, a goodly number in the South Stand and a limited number in the North Stand
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

paddyor wrote:Have people actually got the tickets or is it still a lottery. My friend says he got 6 but I worry about him and IT stuff.
Had mine printed off at 12:10.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Bogger wrote:
nc6000 wrote:
kept trying to flog me North Stand or Block F Grandstand....then I couldn't get in at all....
It was just the case that the earlier you went on, the better chance you got of a good seat. Plenty on here got as good, if not better than their normal ST seat, me included. I don't think Leinster Rugby has any control on how tickets are sold for S/F and Finals. It's not their gig, it's Rabo's. Tiketmaster has obviously taken on board the fact that previously you didn't get the best seats if you went in early. Seems the early risers got the cream this time, (and rightly so).
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

paddyor wrote:
John23 wrote:

I thought it was to do with numbers of STHs. It's all unreserved but a portion of the seats are account for STHs
I thought it was to do with teh fact that they can add additional seating for big games - so the North and South have a normal number of seats but for certain games it can increase a little bit - it looks like they allow for this by putting in "upper sections" for these two stands which allows them turn it on or off depending on the configuration.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
Bogger
Knowledgeable

Post by Bogger »

Hornet wrote:
Bogger wrote:
nc6000 wrote:
kept trying to flog me North Stand or Block F Grandstand....then I couldn't get in at all....
It was just the case that the earlier you went on, the better chance you got of a good seat. Plenty on here got as good, if not better than their normal ST seat, me included. I don't think Leinster Rugby has any control on how tickets are sold for S/F and Finals. It's not their gig, it's Rabo's. Tiketmaster has obviously taken on board the fact that previously you didn't get the best seats if you went in early. Seems the early risers got the cream this time, (and rightly so).
b*%&!x...some of us have to Work....cant understand why people can hold onto tickets until they get the ones they want....that doesn't seem fair...why cant all sth get an option on their own seat first if Glasgow only going to use 3,000 max every sth would have had the option to sit in their own seat !!
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Bogger wrote:b*%&!x...some of us have to Work....cant understand why people can hold onto tickets until they get the ones they want....that doesn't seem fair...why cant all sth get an option on their own seat first if Glasgow only going to use 3,000 max every sth would have had the option to sit in their own seat !!
You got the e-mail stating that if you were allocated a password for a ticket(s) that Wednesday at 12:00 would be the commencement of the sale. We were allocated 50% (approx 9000) because it was a Rabo final, NOT a Leinster home game. Glasgow may well had taken up their full allocation, (highly unlikely, but feasible). They are entitled to 9000 tickets. Whether they buy them or not is irrelevent. They are entitled to the same time to buy as us. I went in at 12:02, picked the price range I wanted and got allocated (luckily) a seat in the block where my season ticket is allocated. Other people were using whatever means they felt fit to get the best tickets they could. Not unreasonable. There was going to be a very high volume of STH trying to get as good as seats as possible, plus this will be the very last game that BOD will play. You could have got a friend or relative to have gone in for you if you were working. It's the old adage 'book early to avoid disappointment'. There was plenty of time to plan to buy. Just needs a bit of planning.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

Took ticket fast option and printed my three the minute I got them leaving nothing to chance, had them in my paw by 12.05 after rejecting two offers (too near the front of Grandstand - in case it rained on the Da hes in his mid 80's) can't wait for this one has all the makings of a classic.
Flying wedge