Rabo pro 12 final 2014

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Rabo pro 12 final 2014

Post by deco »

This will have some Weegies panicking: http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformat ... cellations

Glasgow flights looking okay...so far.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

deco wrote:This will have some Weegies panicking: http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformat ... cellations

Think they are regional flights run by Aer Arann so they'll be ok. It's the ones on the official buses that'll be wetting themselves - scheduled to roll up to the RDS at five of the clock so one delay will see them missing kick off.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

domhnallj wrote:
deco wrote:This will have some Weegies panicking: http://www.aerlingus.com/travelinformat ... cellations

Think they are regional flights run by Aer Arann so they'll be ok. It's the ones on the official buses that'll be wetting themselves - scheduled to roll up to the RDS at five of the clock so one delay will see them missing kick off.
Yep. No problems with EI3*** numbered flights as they are Aer Lingus Regional flights run by Aer Arann. Other half's Nephew flying to Jersey tomorrow on an EI numbered flight. A bit of panic ensued until we found out it was a regional flight. Sensible people should book Ryanair. Never had a problem with them in over 200 flights. Can't remember their last strike!
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Hornet wrote:Sensible people should book Ryanair. Never had a problem with them in over 200 flights. Can't remember their last strike!
No unions policy.

No unions = more people employed at lower costs rather than insiders acting to protect themselves and earn higher wages at the cost of higher unemployment amongst outsiders.

In theory anyway. So, sensible people and economists should book Ryanair :wink:
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:
Hornet wrote:Sensible people should book Ryanair. Never had a problem with them in over 200 flights. Can't remember their last strike!
No unions policy.

No unions = more people employed at lower costs rather than insiders acting to protect themselves and earn higher wages at the cost of higher unemployment amongst outsiders.

Goreyguy would love Ryanair, never see a cabin crew member over 30 :P
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Vamos los azules wrote:
No unions policy.

Goreyguy would love Ryanair, never see a cabin crew member over 30 :P
Thought I saw some of the Aer Lingus crew on Channel 4 at 10.00 last night.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

blockhead wrote:Only a Leinster V Munster final would have a chance of shifting 50,000 tickets in a 2 week time frame. And even that would be a push.
I never called for the game to be moved to the Aviva though. I won't be at the game. I don't care where it takes place. I was just replying to a point made that moving to the Aviva welcoming more fans would put at risk our chances of winning the game.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Glasgow Warriors team vs Leinster

15. Peter Murchie
14. Sean Maitland
13. Alex Dunbar
12. Peter Horne
11. Tommy Seymour
10. Finn Russell
9. Chris Cusiter

1. Gordon Reid
2. Dougie Hall
3. Jon Welsh
4. Jonny Gray
5. Al Kellock
6. Rob Harley
7. Chris Fusaro
8. Josh Strauss

16. Pat MacArthur
17. Ryan Grant
18. Moray Low
19. Tim Swinson
20. Leone Nakarawa
21. Niko Matawalu
22. Ruaridh Jackson
23. Sean Lamont
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

he Leinster team to face Glasgow Warriors in the RaboDirect PRO12 Final tomorrow evening, 31st May (KO: 6.15pm) in the RDS has been named.
Coach Matt O'Connor has made three changes from the team that accounted for Ulster in the Semi-Final 13 points to nine with two of those changes coming in the pack.

Mike Ross comes in for Martin Moore while Mike McCarthy returns from injury in place of Quinn Roux. The final change sees Zane Kirchner coming in for Dave Kearney who undergoes surgery on an ACL knee injury today.

Elsewhere it is as you were for O'Connor with full back Rob Kearney due to win his 150th cap for the province.

The teams have met twice this year with both sides winning at home. Glasgow won 12-6 back in September in Scotstoun, while Leinster won the return fixture 28-25 in March with tries from Rhys Ruddock, Noel Reid and Darragh Fanning.

The game will be live on RTÉ 2, TG4 and BBC. There are no tickets available for the game with an increased capacity crowd of 19,200 expected.

LEINSTER:
15: Rob Kearney
14: Fergus McFadden
13: Brian O'Driscoll
12: Gordon D'Arcy
11: Zane Kirchner
10: Jimmy Gopperth
9: Eoin Reddan
1: Cian Healy
2: Sean Cronin
3: Mike Ross
4: Devin Toner
5: Mike McCarthy
6: Rhys Ruddock
7: Shane Jennings
8: Jamie Heaslip CAPTAIN

REPLACEMENTS:
16: Aaron Dundon
17: Jack McGrath
18: Martin Moore
19: Leo Cullen
20: Sean O'Brien
21: Isaac Boss
22: Ian Madigan
23: Darragh Fanning
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Boss? Seriously?
sid
Mullet

Post by sid »

No Isa?
johng wrote:Classic bit of Sidness there.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Has a solid look about it. Hope Boss has his wits about him.

Serious bench
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Pretty crazy the options we have in the back row that there will be a 6n medal winner sitting in the stands.

Apart from the obvious Jimmy/Ian argument that is probably as strong as we have at the moment. Personally I would start Leo and get the first half out of him then bring on Mike but not sure the state of Mikes injury so as is might be safest.

What it does show is the issue we have in cover for the back three when you see Fanning on the bench. He is a late developing guy who is solid in a league game but not sure he in final material.

Best of luck guys. One more effort.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Boss? Seriously?
Final requires experience is probably the reasoning. Only problem there is where do you get final experience if you never get picked for one.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

sid wrote:No Isa?
He is being saved as a late replacement to be announced just before kickoff.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Getting excited now. Was really hoping Madigan would get the nod but it's still a strong side whatever way you look at it.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Fireworks wrote:Pretty crazy the options we have in the back row that there will be a 6n medal winner sitting in the stands.

Apart from the obvious Jimmy/Ian argument that is probably as strong as we have at the moment. Personally I would start Leo and get the first half out of him then bring on Mike but not sure the state of Mikes injury so as is might be safest.

What it does show is the issue we have in cover for the back three when you see Fanning on the bench. He is a late developing guy who is solid in a league game but not sure he in final material.

Best of luck guys. One more effort.
Madigan seen as cover for 10 ,12 and 15 I assume otherwise Reid may have benched
Perhaps Macken was a better option than Fanning but no other real options for wing with the injuries
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Fireworks wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Boss? Seriously?
Final requires experience is probably the reasoning. Only problem there is where do you get final experience if you never get picked for one.
Fergus Slattery has experience but he is clearly past it.

Happy with the team, though I would have picked Madigan. Reading the bench, I'm thinking this will be a slugfest till 60 and then we push the accelerator - but that is entirely contingent on Reddan staying on the pitch.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

I find this a very safe squad, somewhat shaped by injury, but still a bit uninspiring.

We've also come out pretty flat in a lot of games this year and it isn't a team to chase down a lead. We would like it to be a slugfest, but I bet Glasgow have other ideas.

I think the Weegies will win this one. They have plenty of bench impact themselves, so us springing Seanie and Madigan for the last 20-30 minutes doesn't guarantee a shift in the game towards us.
ceemec
Shane Jennings

Post by ceemec »

I think it's what most of us expected and there's an obvious rationale behind the selections. The only one I really disagree with is McGrath not getting a shot. It would have been great for him to get a bench spot for this game and potentially a spell on the field. He's a game breaker. He reads the game really well.

His passing is a work in progress still so I can only assume that the thinking is that Boss is a safer bet if Reddan has to go off early enough. Boss is potentially better at organising things around the fringes and defending although, for a guy of his age and size, McGrath is excellent here also.